1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 00:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    You propose deporting 12,000,000 people, including any children that may have been born on U.S. soil?
    12 million?
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 00:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    You propose deporting 12,000,000 people, including any children that may have been born on U.S. soil?
    what's wrong with that?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 01:151 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Apparently the border is more secure than it has been in recent times, with less people trying to cross illegally, lower crime levels, more boots on the ground, more intelligence officers etc. So I think a lot of 'flak' on this particular issue is rather shallow partisan carping by the looks of things. You also say Obama is a Marxist turning the U.S. into the U. of reform including amnesty for some of the people who are not here legally, that's my view.
    As I recall "W" sent more troops to the border and claimed similair things so he could puff his chest out and say how "tuff" he was on illegal immigration. 😴

In fact, he and "W" have pretty much the same solutions to the problem. Go figure.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 05:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    Go figure.
    Go figure what? Yet again - on your own thread, even - you offer little of nothing to talk. "Obama looks at amnesty options". That's the topic. What would be your favourite option? How far would you be willing to compromise on this issue if you actyallu had some responsibility for finding a solution?
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 06:22
    poor sh76. out 15 bottles.
  6. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 08:18
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    So Obama can count on your unwavering support too?
    He knows that if he succeeds in granting amnesty to these people he can count on another 12 million votes for the Democrats.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 10:091 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Go figure what? Yet again - on your own thread, even - you offer little of nothing to talk. "Obama looks at amnesty options". That's the topic. What would be your favourite option? How far would you be willing to compromise on this issue if you actyallu had some responsibility for finding a solution?
    Build a wall and secure the border. Then we can talk about those already in the US illegally.
  8. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 12:43
    Build a wall and secure the border. Then we can talk about those already in the US illegally.
    Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million when he signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act in 1986. What has changed since then that requires more government action? Why should we spend the money? Didn't the act in '86 solve the immigration problem? They told us then that it would. I see no reason why my taxes should be wasted on something that is not a problem. This is just another tactic used by business groups that want to employ cheap Mexican labor to reap profits from the public treasury. Throwing money at the border will not work! The 'wall' should be renamed the 'US Give-Away for Full Mexican Employment Act.' Look into who is talking this crap up and the businesses behind it - the idiots trying to sell electronic monitoring - the fools pushing technologies that couldn't stop an elephant from walking into your living room. All this talk is just a ruse to bleed the treasury! Don't let these thieves rob the country and increase the deficit for no good reason! There is no border problem - it is all made up to get your money.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 14:531 edit
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million when he signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act in 1986. What has changed since then that requires more government action? Why should we spend the money? Didn't the act in '86 solve the immigration problem? They told us then that it would. I see no reason why my taxes should be wasted on something that is not a it for no good reason! There is no border problem - it is all made up to get your money.
    But I thought that the Mexicans coming to America and seeking jobs are not the problem? I thought that the problem were the drug traffic problem and general criminal activity prompting the US government to post signs along the border warning its citizens that it is not safe to travel in certain areas along the border in US territory.

Obviously, the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 solved nothing. Neither will penalizing businesses that hire illegals. In addition, if you do not secure the border but try to resolve the situation by giving those amnesty who are already here illegally, they will continue to come across the border and future illegals will require amnesty. I suppose that you could have a gaurd at the border handing out citizenship to whoever makes it to the border, but that still will not address the crime problems that are ripe in Mexico that are infecting the US sites along the border.
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 15:201 edit
    The amnesty Obama is counting on for reelection will be snuck in through the back door, just like the tens of millions of unskilled Third World peasants who will be exploited to overwhelm the will of American voters in exchange for welfare benefits — as a White House memo confirms:

With Congress gridlocked on an immigration bill, the Obama administration is considering using a back door to stop deporting many illegal immigrants — what a draft government memo said could be "a non-legislative version of amnesty."
    The memo, addressed to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Director Alejandro Mayorkas and written by four agency staffers, lists tools it says the administration has to "reduce the threat of removal" for many illegal immigrants who have run afoul of immigration authorities.
    "In the absence of comprehensive immigration reform, USCIS can extend benefits and/or protections to many individuals and groups by issuing new guidance and regulations, exercising discretion with regard to parole-in-place, deferred action and the issuance of Notices to Appear," the staffers wrote in the memo, which was obtained by Sen. Charles E. Grassley, Iowa Republican.
    The memo suggests that in-depth discussions have occurred on how to keep many illegal immigrants in the country, which would be at least a temporary alternative to the proposals Democrats in Congress have made to legalize illegal immigrants.

Here's the government's response to be outed. Basically, we don't have to tell you peasants anything. It's my party and I'll talk if I want to.

Internal draft memos do not and should not be equated with official action or policy of the Department. We will not comment on notional, pre-decisional memos. As a matter of good government, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will discuss just about every issue that comes within the purview of the immigration system. We continue to maintain that comprehensive bipartisan legislation, coupled with smart, effective enforcement, is the only solution to our nation’s immigration challenges.
    Internal memoranda help us do the thinking that leads to important changes; some of them are adopted and others are rejected. Our goal is to implement policies wisely and well to strengthen all aspects of our mission. The choices we have made so far have strengthened both the enforcement and services sides of USCIS — nobody should mistake deliberation and exchange of ideas for final decisions. To be clear, DHS will not grant deferred action or humanitarian parole to the nation’s entire illegal immigrant population.

From http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/233793/amnesty-memo-robert-verbruggen

The memo was written by four political appointees in the Immigration dept, but is being reported as having been drafted by "staffers" or "aides" to minimize the political nature of this memo.

The 11-page memo, drafted by Chief of Policy and Strategy for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Denise Vanison, outlines the various ways to offer a mass amnesty to the nation's 11-18 million illegal aliens through the use of administrative actions.

Who is Denise Vanison? From her official bio:

Ms. Vanison was an associate and partner for over 18 years in the Washington, D.C. office of the law firm Patton Boggs LLP where she practiced immigration law [read how to keep illegals here. She advised multi-national and domestic corporate clients on employment of foreign nationals in the United States, I-9 employment verification and procurement of passports, visas, green cards and U.S. citizenship.

The four authors of the memo, titled “Administrative Alternatives to Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” are political appointees USCIS chief of policy and strategy Denise Vanison (a former immigration attorney and partner at Patton Boggs) and USCIS chief counsel Roxana Bacon (former general counsel for the American Immigration Lawyers Association), and two career employees of USCIS director Alejandro Mayorkas, another Obama appointee.
  11. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 17:45
    But I thought that the Mexicans coming to America and seeking jobs are not the problem? I thought that the problem were the drug traffic problem and general criminal activity prompting the US government to post signs along the border warning its citizens that it is not safe to travel in certain areas along the border in US territory.

Obviously, the Immigr ...[text shortened]... ess the crime problems that are ripe in Mexico that are infecting the US sites along the border.
    Utterly false tripe originating from the desire to rob the taxpayers.
  12. Joined
    25 Jun '10
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 17:551 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    what's wrong with that?
    At the very least, violating the citizenship rights of many American citizens. I would go further and say that it is cruel to uproot hardworking and otherwise law-abiding people who have built their lives here -- albeit, secretly and illegally.

EDIT: It's also worth considering in what order should such a massive deportation should take. In the words of Police Chief Wiggum:

"Well, first we'll start with your tired, then your poor, and then your huddled masses yearning to breath free."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree