1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 May '12 04:19
    And not even a mention here?

Anyway, Rush Limbaugh commented on the President's position.

From TPM:

" “We’ve arrived at a point where the President of the United States is going to lead a war on traditional marriage,” Rush Limbaugh said on his show Wednesday."

His first, second, third, and fourth wives could not be reached for comment.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    10 May '12 04:38
    Originally posted by Kunsoo

From TPM:

" “We’ve arrived at a point where the President of the United States is going to lead a war on traditional marriage,” Rush Limbaugh said on his show Wednesday."

They've all fainted, so has that mad president finally banned straight marriage then.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 May '12 05:35
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    They've all fainted, so has that mad president finally banned straight marriage then.
    Yep. As the result, Santorum divorced his wife and married his dog. It's all Obama's fault.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    10 May '12 05:44
    Yep. As the result, Santorum divorced his wife and married his dog. It's all Obama's fault.
    It's about time he made honest woman of that dog.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 May '12 14:07

From TPM:

Oh great, now Whodey has this to look forward to for the next 6 months or so. The Western world is on the eve of economic ruin while micromanaging the rest of the world via the US industrial complex and now we get to focus on gay sex instead. Personally, I"m just tickled that I know President Obamas view on gay sex.
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 14:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    Oh great, now Whodey has this to look forward to for the next 6 months or so. The Western world is on the eve of economic ruin while micromanaging the rest of the world via the US industrial complex and now we get to focus on gay sex instead. Personally, I"m just tickled that I know President Obamas view on gay sex.
    Obama didn't actually say anything about gay sex. Or do you think marriage is only about sex?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 May '12 14:33
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Obama didn't actually say anything about gay sex. Or do you think marriage is only about sex?
    Marriage IS about sex. If it were not for sex, people would not seek to get married, unless you are an illegal I suppose. 😛

So having established that its all about sex, what types other types of sex is the president into? So far we have gay and heterosexual sex, monogomous of course. Now we should see if he is into the group thing.
  8. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 14:351 edit
    Marriage IS about sex. If it were not for sex, people would not seek to get married, unless you are an illegal I suppose. 😛

So having established that its all about sex, what types other types of sex is the president into? So far we have gay and heterosexual sex, monogomous of course. Now we should see if he is into the group thing.
    How is marriage about sex? You don't need one to have the other.

We haven't established that it is all about sex by any stretch. You haven't even given an ounce of evidence that it is all about sex.

You're simply lying to suggest that it is so you can suggest that the president is somehow "into gay sex".
  9. Germany
    Moves
    10 May '12 15:19
    In all seriousness, I'm a bit puzzled by this move. Does it make political sense? What's support for gay marriage like among independents? Or is Obama trying to increase turnout among young, urban people?
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 15:27
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    In all seriousness, I'm a bit puzzled by this move. Does it make political sense? What's support for gay marriage like among independents? Or is Obama trying to increase turnout among young, urban people?
    Support for gay marriage is increasing generally in the US.

I think he is coming out with this kind of a stronger position in order to energize his base somewhat and to set this up as an issue for the election that will end up showing Romney's position calling for a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage as being unreasonable.
  11. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    10 May '12 15:491 edit
    Support for gay marriage is increasing generally in the US.

I think he is coming out with this kind of a stronger position in order to energize his base somewhat and to set this up as an issue for the election that will end up showing Romney's position calling for a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage as being unreasonable.
    Yep. It's pretty clever really. He undoes his long standing politically motivated official position (lie) to catch Romney out in his long standing politically motivated official position (lie) just in time to keep us all talking about gay sex (you go whodey) instead of the weak economy and ever diminishing participation in the American workforce.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 16:10
    If it were not for sex, people would not seek to get married....
    Have you never known anyone who had sex without being married?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 16:20
    What I've read about this suggests that, for Obama, it is a civil rights issue, a question of equality in the face of the law and state, about seeking an end to discrimination. Your comments about it being "all about sex" just seem puerile and sniggering, whodey.
  14. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    10 May '12 16:50
    How is marriage about sex? You don't need one to have the other.

We haven't established that it is all about sex by any stretch. You haven't even given an ounce of evidence that it is all about sex.

You're simply lying to suggest that it is so you can suggest that the president is somehow "into gay sex".
    How is marriage about sex? You don't need one to have the other. PsychoPawn

Source ?
  15. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 17:12
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    How is marriage about sex? You don't need one to have the other. PsychoPawn

Source ?
    You want a source for the idea that you don't need marriage to have sex or sex to have marriage?!?!?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree