1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 03:22
    On July 3rd, 2008, the then Obama candidate said the following:

"The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents -- #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we nbow have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back -- $30,000 for every man, woman, and child. That is irresponsible. It's unpatriotic."

Discuss.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 04:41
    Obama can't win.

There are too many statements like that he has made that will come back to bite him. As soon as the republican nominee runs ads showing his lack of change his poll numbers will plummet.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 11:07
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Obama can't win.

There are too many statements like that he has made that will come back to bite him. As soon as the republican nominee runs ads showing his lack of change his poll numbers will plummet.
    But who here agrees with the statement? Are politicians who drive up debt unpatriotic?
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 12:27
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Obama can't win.

I really don't like Democrats at all. But if the Republican want to win it would help to talk about economic issues. Instead they talk about preventing gay marriage or evolution is only a "theory" and we should teach non-scienctific explanations or global warning is some sort of made up theory or Roe v. Wade which has been the law for almost four decades should be overturned.
  5. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 12:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    But who here agrees with the statement? Are politicians who drive up debt unpatriotic?
    I think it may be a terrible economic mistake and might be a policy so bad that you'd want to have someone else in office but I don't think it is unpatriotic.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 12:32
    Patriotism is very over-rated. It generally leads to misguided pursuits.
  7. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 13:02
    I think you will find that Rick Perry, the leading Republican candidate, will be much more haunted by past quotes than the President.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 13:52
    Originally posted by moon1969
    I think you will find that Rick Perry, the leading Republican candidate, will be much more haunted by past quotes than the President.
    Rick Perry?
    Rick "I think the world is 10.000 years old and dinosaur bones were planted by evil left-wing angels to test our faiths" Perry???

Good grief.
  9. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 14:22
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Rick Perry?
    Rick "I think the world is 10.000 years old and dinosaur bones were planted by evil left-wing angels to test our faiths" Perry???

Good grief.
    Rick "Texas should leave the United States--not--but wait, kind-of, because it's a joke, but not a funny one" Perry.

Rick "We'd treat 'em real bad down here in Don't-Mess-With-Texas-ville, hardy-har-har" Perry.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 14:46
    Classic
  11. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 15:14
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Rick Perry?

Good grief.
    Ya and Perry is the leading Republican candidate and will likely get the Republican nomination. Perry is killing Romney in the polls. Primary starts in 2 months.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 15:17
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Perry is just one candidate. You sound like you think he won the nomination already.

The reason all of these candidates have past quotes to worry about is because the establishment likes it that way. The establishment owned media can tear any of them down using those quotes. Only the candidates that play ball will have these damaging quotes overlooked by the media. The corporate media have control over who gets elected. If they want Gingrich they will give him favorable coverage later when it really matters. They can change things at the drop of a dime and you will think the cart is leading the horse. The media makes up your mind and you just don't know it yet.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 18:51
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I think it may be a terrible economic mistake and might be a policy so bad that you'd want to have someone else in office but I don't think it is unpatriotic.
    So you disagree with the President?
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 19:18
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I really don't like Democrats at all. But if the Republican want to win it would help to talk about economic issues. Instead they talk about preventing gay marriage or evolution is only a "theory" and we should teach non-scienctific explanations or global warning is some sort of made up theory or Roe v. Wade which has been the law for almost four decades should be overturned.
    Neither of the 2 major parties talks about economic issues except for the same old crap they always disagree about, tax cuts and spending. Then the dems cave on that as well. Obama might as well be a republican because he is all talk and no fight, and don't give me that held hostage by republicans nonsense.
    The important issues are always ignored. The elite want to distract people with social issues that don't affect the empire. Propaganda is all about confining debates to keep people from learning too much. Notice how budget debates rarely include military spending very much. They would sooner talk about cutting Medicare, SS and raising taxes.
  15. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 19:26
    Any republican candidate, with marco Rubio as a Vice president would make me happy, after all, Obama has left the bar almost at ground level now... we can all hop over his meager accomplishments. he didn't get much of a bump when osama went down, because the intelligent people knew it was all set into motion by Bush... Obama campaigned against Gitmo,, what a laugher.... still there eh?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree