1. silicon valley
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 05:211 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    One actually. This makes two if you must count it.

I'm beginning to understand why you post this crazy stuff.
    four! count 'em! all on this page!

(oops. that page!)
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 05:22
    are you really in Xian?
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 01:03
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/19/fox-hunting/

Dissent was the highest form of patriotism under a Republican president. Now a Newsweek writer says it’s un-American. The mainstream media’s frustration is understandable, having missed the stories of ACORN, Van Jones and others going all the way back to Jeremiah Wright. They need to take off ...[text shortened]... uths and get back to work speaking truth to power, even if they like the guy in the White House.
    This "Obama vs Fox" story is just another attempt by Americas right wing to make a mountian out of a mole hill. I didn't hear these people defending the press when they were critical of George W Bush. 😏
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 21:461 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    This "Obama vs Fox" story is just another attempt by Americas right wing to make a mountian out of a mole hill. I didn't hear these people defending the press when they were critical of George W Bush. 😏
    was there a CNN vs Bush story to defend CNN against?
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 21:48
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-obama-fox8-2009nov08,0,507227.story

Democratic consultant says he got a warning from White House after appearing on Fox News

'We better not see you on again,' the strategist says he was told by a White House official. The White House communications director denies that officials urge such a boycott.

By Peter Nicholas

November 8, 2009

Reporting from Washington - At least one Democratic political strategist has gotten a blunt warning from the White House to never appear on Fox News Channel, an outlet that presidential aides have depicted as not so much a news-gathering operation as a political opponent bent on damaging the Obama administration.

The Democratic strategist said that shortly after an appearance on Fox, he got a phone call from a White House official telling him not to be a guest on the show again. The call had an intimidating tone, he said.

The message was, "We better not see you on again," said the strategist, who spoke on condition of anonymity so as not to run afoul of the White House. An implicit suggestion, he said, was that "clients might stop using you if you continue."

White House Communications Director Anita Dunn said that she had checked with colleagues who "deal with TV issues" and that they had not told people to avoid Fox. On the contrary, they had urged people to appear on the network, Dunn wrote in an e-mail.

But Patrick Caddell, a Fox News contributor and former pollster for President Carter, said he had spoken to Democratic consultants who said they were told by the White House to avoid appearances on Fox. He declined to give their names.

Caddell said he had not gotten that message himself from the White House.

He added: "I have heard that they've done that to others in not too subtle ways. I find it appalling. When the White House gets in the business of suppressing dissent and comment, particularly from its own party, it hurts itself."

6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 23:54
    Originally posted by bill718
    You mean like right wingers like Helen Thomas who has been a reporter in the White House since the JFK administration and registered Democrat? According to her, she has not seen abuses by other administrations like that of the Obama administration when it comes to controlling and manipulating the press. If you are interested, I started a thread on it a while back.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree