1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 20:20
    Democrats - Shut up about Obamacare. It's the law now, you don't need to keep promoting it!

Republicans - Shut up about Obamacare. It has not gone into effect yet, and you'll look really stupid if people end up liking it!

Sometimes I amaze even myself!😏😏😏
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 20:29
    Originally posted by bill718
    Democrats - Shut up about Obamacare. It's the law now, you don't need to keep promoting it!

Republicans - Shut up about Obamacare. It has not gone into effect yet, and you'll look really stupid if people end up liking it!

why is Obama going around to college campus's as recently as yesterday still trying to promote it ?
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 20:37
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    why is Obama going around to college campus's as recently as yesterday still trying to promote it ?
    Strengthening part of his base.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 20:46

It would be nice to have some threads that didn't deal with Obamacare.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 20:491 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Strengthening part of his base.
    but its now the law of the land , right ?
    and as far as his base goes, he is not running for re-election so whats the point ? he doesnt need a base.

the point is, if young people who feel no need for health insurance at this point in their lives, dont buy into this non-sense, Obamacare will collapse. It wont work. He needs their money. Obama care is screwed with out them. And more than half the Nation opposes Obamacare.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 23:53

The law of the land is often changed. That is what Congress' job is. If laws never needed changing, we could have Congress meet a few days a year and adjourn.

ACA (Obama Care) really ought to be called Stupak care. Or Landrew/Nelson care. The manner in which it squeaked by both House and Senate, at a time when Democrats had majorities in both houses, including a near filibuster proof majority in the Senate makes one wonder about its legitimacy, not to mention that its promoters emphasized that there were no new taxes, but in the SCOTUS case John Roberts found that the IRS penalty was a tax.

Bart Stupak, was an obscure Congressman representing a huge rural area of northern Michigan, a Democrat, but one that opposed abortion, and promised he'd never vote for national health care that financed abortion.

His vote was bought with adoption of his amendment, which was later stripped out, and Mr. Stupak was shortly dispatched by his voters.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 01:32
    Originally posted by normbenign
    The law of the land is often changed. That is what Congress' job is. If laws never needed changing, we could have Congress meet a few days a year and adjourn.

ACA (Obama Care) really ought to be called Stupak care. Or Landrew/Nelson care. The manner in which it squeaked by both House and Senate, at a time when Democrats had majorities in both houses ...[text shortened]... is amendment, which was later stripped out, and Mr. Stupak was shortly dispatched by his voters.
    It is just like Medicare and Medicaid that LBJ passed, only, it won't last as long.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 23:10
    Explaining and informing. Makes sense. A great opportunity for college students without medical insurance to enroll. A great subsidy and preexisting conditions accepted.
  9. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 23:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    It is just like Medicare and Medicaid that LBJ passed, only, it won't last as long.
    Quite the opposite, the ACA will be with us for generations and become a fabric of America, such as Medicare and social security.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 04:243 edits
    and as far as his base goes, he is not running for re-election so whats the point ? he doesnt need a base.

the point is, if young people who feel no need for health insurance at this point in their lives, dont buy into this non-sense, Obamacare will collapse. It wont work. He needs their money. Obama care is screwed with out them. And more than half the Nation opposes Obamacare.
    "as far as his base goes, he is not running for re-election so whats the point ? he doesnt need a base. "

Legacy. Unlike you, he thinks the ACA will prove itself to be a good idea. He gets that it takes a generation for these things to take hold.
  11. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 05:13
    Originally posted by JS357
    "as far as his base goes, he is not running for re-election so whats the point ? he doesnt need a base. "

Legacy. Unlike you, he thinks the ACA will prove itself to be a good idea. He gets that it takes a generation for these things to take hold.
    "We look back upon history and what do we see?

Empires rising and falling, revolutions and counterrevolutions, wealth accumulating and and then disbursed, one nation dominant and then another. Shakespeare speaks of the “rise and fall of great ones that ebb and flow with the moon.”

In one lifetime I have seen my own countrymen ruling over a quarter of the world, the great majority of them convinced, in the words of what is still a favorite song, that “God who’s made them mighty would make them mightier yet.”

I’ve heard a crazed, cracked Austrian proclaim to the world the establishment of a German Reich that would last for a thousand years; an Italian clown announce he would restart the calendar to begin with his own assumption of power; a murderous Georgian brigand in the Kremlin acclaimed by the intellectual elite of the western world as wiser than Solomon, more enlightened than Asoka, more humane than Marcus Aurelius.

I’ve seen America wealthier and in terms of military weaponry more powerful than all the rest of the world put together, so that Americans, had they so wished, could have outdone an Alexander or a Julius Caesar in the range and scale of their conquests.

All in one little lifetime. All gone with the wind.

England now part of an island off the coast of Europe and threatened with dismemberment and even bankruptcy.

Hitler and Mussolini dead and remembered only in infamy.

Stalin a forbidden name in the regime he helped to found and dominate for some three decades.

America haunted by fears of running out of the precious fluid that keeps the motorways roaring and the smog settling, with troubled memories of a disastrous campaign in Vietnam and of the great victories of the Don Quixotes of the media when they charged the windmills of Watergate. All in one lifetime, all in one lifetime, all gone. Gone with the wind."~Malcolm Muggeridge

This too shall pass. It will all be forgotten in time.

My point-it will not be Obama's legacy that will be remembered, but rather the truth that stands. If people paid more attention to truth and less attention to personal aggrandizement the world might be better.

P.S. If you have no idea of what I write, you need to understand the context of the quote above. If you do, great!
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 05:31

Why would someone young who now can be on someone else' hearth care
    till they are 26 want to spend their own money to get it?
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 05:35
    Originally posted by King Tiger
    "We look back upon history and what do we see?

Empires rising and falling, revolutions and counterrevolutions, wealth accumulating and and then disbursed, one nation dominant and then another. Shakespeare speaks of the “rise and fall of great ones that ebb and flow with the moon.”

In one lifetime I have seen my own countrymen ruling over a ...[text shortened]... o idea of what I write, you need to understand the context of the quote above. If you do, great!
    Great post!
    Kelly
  14. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 05:371 edit
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Quite the opposite, the ACA will be with us for generations and become a fabric of America, such as Medicare and social security.
    The 'Affordable' Care Act is a farce. According to the govt website it will cost me 12% of my income and still have a deductible to pay every year. I simply cannot afford to pay $180 a month . For me it is just another tax increase (penalties for not being able to afford this) nevermind the coming increase in Medicare taxes. I have generally voted Democrat thru my life, but today I tossed my voter registration in the trash.
    Once again I hear the cash register ring more money for big business and a total screwing of the middle class in America. Way to go Obama !
    I have no faith or hope in the US political system. Not now.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 06:21
    Originally posted by caissad4
    The 'Affordable' Care Act is a farce. According to the govt website it will cost me 12% of my income and still have a deductible to pay every year. I simply cannot afford to pay $180 a month . For me it is just another tax increase (penalties for not being able to afford this) nevermind the coming increase in Medicare taxes. I have generally voted Democrat ...[text shortened]... lass in America. Way to go Obama !
    I have no faith or hope in the US political system. Not now.
    I wondered if they knew that 16T and counting was way to much debt and
    they were looking for another major source of income so they took over our
    healthcare. I actually don't see how anyone thinks what they are doing is
    a good idea, they cannot keep the doors open without fighting, and now we
    are going to trust them *both parties* with our healthcare? ;(
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree