Obamacare question

Obamacare question

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
03 Aug 12

Originally posted by whodey
West Virginia. I have no idea which county
http://healthinsuranceinfo.net/getinsured/west-virginia/financial-assistance/medicaid/

w

Moves
04 Aug 12

Originally posted by sh76
http://healthinsuranceinfo.net/getinsured/west-virginia/financial-assistance/medicaid/
Thanks for the help sh.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
04 Aug 12

Originally posted by sh76
I like the way you responded to an angry and opinionated post by recognising the possibility of a genuine need for help and acted on that basis. Just thought I'd say it. 🙂

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
05 Aug 12

Originally posted by finnegan
I like the way you responded to an angry and opinionated post by recognising the possibility of a genuine need for help and acted on that basis. Just thought I'd say it. 🙂
Thank you 🙂

w

Moves
05 Aug 12
1 edit

Whodey? Opinionated and angry? What ever gave you that idea? I could not be happier with the world than the way it is. 😕😛

Yep, sh is a stand up kind of guy. 😏

Moves
08 Aug 12

Romney grazed the third rail

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/andrea-saul-romney-massachusetts-health-care.php?ref=fpblg

K

Germany

Moves
09 Aug 12

Yes, God knows whodey's hypothetical friend needs the help!

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
09 Aug 12

Whodey? Opinionated and angry? What ever gave you that idea? I could not be happier with the world than the way it is. 😕😛

Yep, sh is a stand up kind of guy. 😏
"Yep, sh is a stand up kind of guy. 😏"

Take it to the 'gay-fila-a' thread 😉

Houston, Texas

Moves
29 Aug 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I thought it was partly through investigations by the IRS and through IRS audits of employers who turn out to be hiring illegal immigrants, that contributes to a substantial number of the deportations, and contributes to the deportation of illegal immigrants being at the historically high level that it is now. You claim the IRS ignores illegal immigrants? On what basis do you make this claim?
The IRS does not enforce immigration. Their mandate is to collect income taxes. If the IRS went after employers for employing undocumented workers, then the employers would never withhold income taxes from the undocumented worker. Historically, the IRS actions make clear to the employer that the IRS will not go after them on employing illegal immigrants, but the employer must withhold income taxes.

This may change some as there as been fraud exposed recently with the ITIN which is the pseudo-SS number used for employees not eligible for a SS number.

By the way, for an employer, it is a much more serious penalty to not withhold income taxes than it is to employ an illegal immigrant. But still the IRS would lose massive amounts of collections if they started jacking with employers employing illegal immigrants.

Houston, Texas

Moves
29 Aug 12
2 edits

I know a guy who does not have a job and does not have health insurance. He has no assets to speak of other than a very inexpensive place of residence. However, he is married to someone that has a half way decent income and he does odd jobs under the table. In addition, he just recently was involved in a car accident that required medical attention and for ssets to speak of or income, what will the IRS do to them? Will they create a debtors prison?
So it is the rest of us who get to pay for his healthcare including any emergency healthcare. If the guy is in a serious accident, for example, and taken to a hospital to save his life, resulting in thousands of dollars of cost, then we pay.

Sounds like his wife could afford to add him to her insurance, or he could pursue a subsidized option through Medicaid or the ACA, but he and wife decide instead to let the rest of us pay for any costly emergency healthcare he may receive.