1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 22:51
    Originally posted by normbenign
    While I generally think that most of them had some notion of natural rights, I don't think it is well articulated in anything but in the first paragraph of the DOI. Do you find the phrase liberally sprinkled into the Constitutional debates?

More to the point, unless a government enumerated human rights, it is pretty easy to see that those rights hardly existed in reality. They were seldom even mentioned before the enlightenment.
    That is truly mind boggling. I thought you had a cursory, if distorted, knowledge of American History but it appears I was completely wrong. To dispute that the philosophical basis of the American Revolution was the Lockean version of Natural Rights theory is really to understand virtually nothing of it.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 22:53
    Originally posted by normbenign
    See the edit. They typo made the sentence incomprehensible.

By the way the strongest argument against unlimited government power is the existence of a significant list of enumerated powers, and that many things are not enumerated. The logical conclusion is that those things not enumerated are left to the States and to the people.
    That is unresponsive to the point being discussed. State incorporation laws are surely constitutional. A State not having incorporation laws would just as surely be constitutional.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree