1. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 14:491 edit
    Originally posted by SlyArmenian
    Really?...no comment?
    No time to comment on a 1960's analysis which is even less realistic now than it was then.

Don't forget the US has massive dificits right now.

MAYBE IN THESE TIMES: A fractional reserve gold standard with a tiny percentage of gold, but constant, that could be analyzed but is not necessarily the best or on ly way to go.

Regardless, the credit mess could just as easily have happened with a gold standard because of the overextension of easy credit. You forget interest rates remain low right now to ease the economy's pain, under a gold standard the US would government would not have that leverage.

No time for more right now... really.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 06:45
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I don't think Germany could have held together a world empire even with the atom bomb. I cant see the English being under German rule and they would have undermined the Nazies from within eventually. Here in the USA we have too many firearms in private hands for it to have worked. Who would be the target for the bombs? If one was used on Hitlers world emp ...[text shortened]... very counter productive for his cause and there would have been greater resolve to destroy him.
    Hitler never wanted to rule Britain.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree