Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 04 Mar '10 21:02
    think he'll wag the dog with surgical strikes on iran's nuclear facilities?
  2. Standard member joneschr
    Some guy
    05 Mar '10 00:39
    In our hypothetical situation, does he pass the health care bill?
  3. 05 Mar '10 01:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    No.

How convienient that forget McCain's reamrks on the subject (bomb. bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iran), as well as several other GOP reps.

Don't even try to peg this one on our President. If a Republican struck Iran you would cheer. Don't be a hypocrate. You belittle yourself..
  4. 05 Mar '10 05:11
    Originally posted by badmoon
    No.

How convienient that forget McCain's reamrks on the subject (bomb. bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iran), as well as several other GOP reps.

Don't even try to peg this one on our President. If a Republican struck Iran you would cheer. Don't be a hypocrate. You belittle yourself..
    it's them or europe. which do you prefer?
  5. 05 Mar '10 12:25
    Only if he can't pass the health care bill. Then he will be forced to find new ways to bleed the US dry.
  6. 05 Mar '10 16:50
    Before he does anything, he'll sit down with them for a good 1 x 1 discussion, as he suggested when running for the job.
  7. Subscriber Scotty70
    Super IT/Telco man
    05 Mar '10 18:31
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Before he does anything, he'll sit down with them for a good 1 x 1 discussion, as he suggested when running for the job.
    I think he will resign...especially if he can't push healthcare across the finish line. He's already drinking too much per his doctor....probably from stress.
  8. Standard member DrKF
    incipit parodia
    05 Mar '10 19:16
    Originally posted by Scotty70
    I think he will resign...especially if he can't push healthcare across the finish line. He's already drinking too much per his doctor....probably from stress.
    Oooh! I like that idea. In an 'interesting times' kind of way.
  9. 05 Mar '10 19:20
    don't be silly, obama isn't W.
  10. 06 Mar '10 03:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    I think you are right. Obama does not have the ability to attack Iran no matter what they do, although he has no problem carrying on wars "W" started and even escalating them a bit. I think the reasoning is that so long as they can blame Republicans for a war all is well.
  11. 06 Mar '10 03:19
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    That's painfully obvious...
  12. 06 Mar '10 03:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think you are right. Obama does not have the ability to attack Iran no matter what they do, although he has no problem carrying on wars "W" started and even escalating them a bit. I think the reasoning is that so long as they can blame Republicans for a war all is well.
    Sending additional troops to Afghanistan was a campaign promise.

But you said escalating "THEM," meaning, plural. Can you please name what other war he's "escalating"? Unless of course you're just being dishonest and talking out of your behind. Thanks.
  13. 06 Mar '10 03:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Scotty70
    As per his doctor? That's a complete lie. Someone's been reading his daily Conservative tabloids.

Here's a PDF of the report in question. It went along with a long string of general recommendations. At no point did the Doctor say he's drinking too much, just as him saying "healthy diet" doesn't mean he's eating cheese-puffs for dinner.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/A_Politics/potusexam.pdf
    Recommendations: Follow-up colorectal cancer screening is recommended in 5 years for routine colon cancer screening. Continue smoking cessation efforts, a daily exercise program, healthy diet, moderation in alcohol intake, periodic dental care, and remain up-to-date with recommended immunizations. Continue modified exercise regimen, and lower extremity muscle strengthening program, for occasional left patella-femoral pain secondary to chronic tendonitis. Recommend dietary modification to reduce LDL cholesterol below 130.
  14. 06 Mar '10 04:05
    it's them or europe. which do you prefer?
    well, i take that back, if the iranians can launch a satellite to orbit then theoretically they could reach any point on the globe.
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    06 Mar '10 04:23
    well, i take that back, if the iranians can launch a satellite to orbit then theoretically they could reach any point on the globe.
    That will be a pretty effective deterrent, if the retaliation capability is credible.