obama's flagging popularity

obama's flagging popularity

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

silicon valley

Moves
04 Mar 10

think he'll wag the dog with surgical strikes on iran's nuclear facilities?

j
Some guy

Moves
05 Mar 10

In our hypothetical situation, does he pass the health care bill?

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
05 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by zeeblebot
No.

How convienient that forget McCain's reamrks on the subject (bomb. bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iran), as well as several other GOP reps.

Don't even try to peg this one on our President. If a Republican struck Iran you would cheer. Don't be a hypocrate. You belittle yourself..

silicon valley

Moves
05 Mar 10

Originally posted by badmoon
No.

How convienient that forget McCain's reamrks on the subject (bomb. bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iran), as well as several other GOP reps.

Don't even try to peg this one on our President. If a Republican struck Iran you would cheer. Don't be a hypocrate. You belittle yourself..
it's them or europe. which do you prefer?

w

Moves
05 Mar 10

Only if he can't pass the health care bill. Then he will be forced to find new ways to bleed the US dry.

HG

Moves
05 Mar 10

Before he does anything, he'll sit down with them for a good 1 x 1 discussion, as he suggested when running for the job.

Maddog1213

Central Office

Moves
05 Mar 10

Originally posted by Hugh Glass
Before he does anything, he'll sit down with them for a good 1 x 1 discussion, as he suggested when running for the job.
I think he will resign...especially if he can't push healthcare across the finish line. He's already drinking too much per his doctor....probably from stress.

D
incipit parodia

Moves
05 Mar 10

Originally posted by Scotty70
I think he will resign...especially if he can't push healthcare across the finish line. He's already drinking too much per his doctor....probably from stress.
Oooh! I like that idea. In an 'interesting times' kind of way.

g

Pepperland

Moves
05 Mar 10

don't be silly, obama isn't W.

w

Moves
06 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by generalissimo
I think you are right. Obama does not have the ability to attack Iran no matter what they do, although he has no problem carrying on wars "W" started and even escalating them a bit. I think the reasoning is that so long as they can blame Republicans for a war all is well.

HG

Moves
06 Mar 10

Originally posted by generalissimo
That's painfully obvious...

U

Moves
06 Mar 10

Originally posted by whodey
I think you are right. Obama does not have the ability to attack Iran no matter what they do, although he has no problem carrying on wars "W" started and even escalating them a bit. I think the reasoning is that so long as they can blame Republicans for a war all is well.
Sending additional troops to Afghanistan was a campaign promise.

But you said escalating "THEM," meaning, plural. Can you please name what other war he's "escalating"? Unless of course you're just being dishonest and talking out of your behind. Thanks.

U

Moves
06 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Scotty70
As per his doctor? That's a complete lie. Someone's been reading his daily Conservative tabloids.

Here's a PDF of the report in question. It went along with a long string of general recommendations. At no point did the Doctor say he's drinking too much, just as him saying "healthy diet" doesn't mean he's eating cheese-puffs for dinner.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/A_Politics/potusexam.pdf
Recommendations: Follow-up colorectal cancer screening is recommended in 5 years for routine colon cancer screening. Continue smoking cessation efforts, a daily exercise program, healthy diet, moderation in alcohol intake, periodic dental care, and remain up-to-date with recommended immunizations. Continue modified exercise regimen, and lower extremity muscle strengthening program, for occasional left patella-femoral pain secondary to chronic tendonitis. Recommend dietary modification to reduce LDL cholesterol below 130.

silicon valley

Moves
06 Mar 10

it's them or europe. which do you prefer?
well, i take that back, if the iranians can launch a satellite to orbit then theoretically they could reach any point on the globe.

F

Moves
06 Mar 10

well, i take that back, if the iranians can launch a satellite to orbit then theoretically they could reach any point on the globe.
That will be a pretty effective deterrent, if the retaliation capability is credible.