1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 04:29
    Here is your chance to help sell the Presidents newly proposed Job Act. Tell us how the proposed $447 billion in spending will do anything differently than the previous $787 billion in the last stimulus that did not produce one job.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 04:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    Here is your chance to help sell the Presidents newly proposed Job Act. Tell us how the proposed $447 billion in spending will do anything differently than the previous $787 billion in the last stimulus that did not produce one job.
    To my knowledge, he has yet to propose anything specific, except the amount of money he wants to throw away.
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 04:41
    Originally posted by normbenign
    To my knowledge, he has yet to propose anything specific, except the amount of money he wants to throw away.
    He just sent 155 pages of something today.

http://biggovernment.com/publius/2011/09/12/full-text-the-obama-jobs-plan-and-tax-hike/
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 04:44
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    He just sent 155 pages of something today.

http://biggovernment.com/publius/2011/09/12/full-text-the-obama-jobs-plan-and-tax-hike/
    So what do you make of it?

As for myself, if Obama were to give me that $447 billion I promise I will create some jobs. Instead, I'm sure he will use the tax payer money to do what they always do which is patronize their cronies.
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 04:461 edit

As for myself, if Obama were to give me that $447 billion I promise I will create some jobs. Instead, I'm sure he will use the tax payer money to do what they always do which is patronize their cronies.
    I don't think of it. I don't consider anything he says to be factual or in good faith anymore. His picture should be on my TV remote's mute button.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 04:56

Anyone in the private sector, with business experience could put people to work with that kind of money. Of course it would have to be without strings attached. Imaginge how fast the energy system could change with that kind of seed money to get drilling, or building new refineries. That would create real jobs, that last.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 04:58
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I don't think of it. I don't consider anything he says to be factual or in good faith anymore. His picture should be on my TV remote's mute button.
    I personally think this is an election stunt. If it were serious, the bill would be a thousand pages longer. This is to get the Pubs to scuttle it, so he can blame them for the economy.
  8. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 05:02
    I personally think this is an election stunt. If it were serious, the bill would be a thousand pages longer. This is to get the Pubs to scuttle it, so he can blame them for the economy.
    Yes, the most cynical of ploys.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 05:15
    From what I have gathered, the bill does the following.

1. Cuts payroll taxes because God knows they don't need to fund the ponzie scheme of social security when they can just print money.

2. Spend more for teachers and for school construction. I'm sure this is only for public schools which equates to pure patronage to the unions.

3. Extension of jobless benefits..........yep, I guess I'll go look for a job since they extended my benefits, NOT!!!

4. Cut $400 billion from itemized deductions for charitable contributions making over $200,000 or families making over $250,000 a year. So if they decide to then curtail their charitable contributions because of this, then what Mr. President?

5. Stop loop holes for gas and oil companies creating $40 billion more in revenue. Of course, those costs will then be passed down to us, however, you have the added bonus of further demonizing those already hated on the left.

6. Raise $18 billion by making fund managers pay more in taxes.

7. Raise $3 billion from changing tax breaks on corporate jets. Again, it seems he is picking on this not to raise revenue because it is such a minimal amount of money. It would appear that this is just good politics to target jet set corporate types who are already hated and envied.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 05:19
    Anyone in the private sector, with business experience could put people to work with that kind of money. Of course it would have to be without strings attached. Imaginge how fast the energy system could change with that kind of seed money to get drilling, or building new refineries. That would create real jobs, that last.
    I can't tell if they actually believe some of this may work or if they simply don't give a damn.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 06:28
    What do you mean it didn't create one job?
    Surely if that money had not been spent, then instead of the job market drawing even, it would have been very negative indeed.
  12. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 06:37
    That's completely false actually. There were millions of jobs created. But the investing class is sitting on the money, mostly because it's being handed to them so they don't have to earn it.
  13. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 12:07
    From what I have gathered, the bill does the following.

1. Cuts payroll taxes because God knows they don't need to fund the ponzie scheme of social security when they can just print money.

2. Spend more for teachers and for school construction. I'm sure this is only for public schools which equates to pure patronage to the unions.

3. Extension of ...[text shortened]... his is just good politics to target jet set corporate types who are already hated and envied.
    Ltes knock off the ponzi scheme rhetoric Because its not technically true. Wher is SSI called an investment? There are no profitable promises.

Come on, whodey, lay off the coined phrase of the day.
  14. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 12:30
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    That's completely false actually. There were millions of jobs created. But the investing class is sitting on the money, mostly because it's being handed to them so they don't have to earn it.
    Your statement is completely false too.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 13:23
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Millions of jobs were created? Source?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree