Obama's proposed Job Act

Obama's proposed Job Act

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
18 Sep 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
Right wingers must use a different type of math than the rest of us.

The entire US population is about 311 million. If the 2009 stimulus came out to "$18,000 a person" it was $5.6 trillion.
What I was referring to was Ron Pauls exchange with Ben Bernanke at a recent Congressional hearling. Ron alleges that in all about $5.1 trillion has gone to banks and corporations, making it about $17,000 per person.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
What I was referring to was Ron Pauls exchange with Ben Bernanke at a recent Congressional hearling. Ron alleges that in all about $5.1 trillion has gone to banks and corporations, making it about $17,000 per person.
Ron "alleges" a lot of crazy crap. But YOU were specifically referring to the stimulus. Specifically:

whodey: IF the last stimulus had been given back to the people that gave them the money it would have come out to be around $18,000 per person!!

w

Moves
18 Sep 11

Ron "alleges" a lot of crazy crap. But YOU were specifically referring to the stimulus. Specifically:

whodey: IF the last stimulus had been given back to the people that gave them the money it would have come out to be around $18,000 per person!!
Anytime the government gives away tax payer money its a stimulus is it not?

As for the proposed $447 billion, if they gave that away it would come out to be around $1,500 per person. I think it would serve the country better if he simply gave the money back than it would giving it to other people that may or may not do what they are suppose to do with it. Then again, maybe there are a few more struggling green energy corporation about to go out of business Obama can funnel the money towards.

HG

Moves
19 Sep 11

Originally posted by whodey
Anytime the government gives away tax payer money its a stimulus is it not?

As for the proposed $447 billion, if they gave that away it would come out to be around $1,500 per person. I think it would serve the country better if he simply gave the money back than it would giving it to other people that may or may not do what they are suppose to do with it. ...[text shortened]... uggling green energy corporation about to go out of business Obama can funnel the money towards.
Oh crap, who else doe "O" have a favor to repay?

Moves
21 Sep 11

The Act is gaining traction with Republican voters.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/09/gop-voters-many-of-these-obama-jobs-proposals-aregood.php?ref=fpb

For once, Republicans are losing the narrative. Maybe something will happen here.

HG

Moves
24 Sep 11

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
The problem with what you said is it's 100% false. The only two months we didn't have positive total jobs were do to government layoffs. And in those months we still have positive private sector jobs.
Ya, the jobs ae being created so fast it makes my head spin.... Hope all your peanuts aren't in a 401K...

HG

Moves
24 Sep 11