1. Maryland
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 00:40
    Medicare for all is the best system for patients and for the economy. It will make businesses more competitive internationally, Sure taxes will rise, but so will salaries as medical insurance premiums paid to insurance companies by individuals and business vanish! Administrative costs of health care will be significantly reduced and coverage will increase with the money saved. Goods and services will become less expensive. I am astounded that so called pro business Republicans are against this very pro business system
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 01:04
    "Sure taxes will rise, but so will salaries as medical insurance premiums paid to insurance companies by individuals and business vanish!"

This part I'm not sure about. If companies can continue paying lower wages, they will. But, most businesses will at st least be able to pay more, whether they choose to or not.

Other than that, I agree with your post.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 01:082 edits
    Originally posted by @667joe
    Medicare for all is the best system for patients and for the economy. It will make businesses more competitive internationally, Sure taxes will rise, but so will salaries as medical insurance premiums paid to insurance companies by individuals and business vanish! Administrative costs of health care will be significantly reduced and coverage will increase ...[text shortened]... I am astounded that so called pro business Republicans are against this very pro business system
    I agree 100%, but this would cut into profits for insurance companies, and just remember who sits on the boards of these insurance companies? Many of these very same former republican lawmakers!
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 01:24
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I agree 100%, but this would cut into profits for insurance companies, and just remember who sits on the boards of these insurance companies? Many of these very same republican lawmakers!
    Such as? I don't doubt you, I just want to know.
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 01:382 edits
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Such as? I don't doubt you, I just want to know.
    Here are a few clues for you. The 1st is GOP lawmakers buying insurance stock in anticipation of the repeal of the ACA, the other is actual board members of former lawmakers, some are democrats, but look who leads the way. The 3rd is an overview. Former GOP lawmaker Eric Cantor has his little fingers in many pies.

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/06/republican-lawmakers-buy-health-insurance-stocks-as-repeal-effort-moves-forward/

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2016-congressional-board-pay/

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/10/18/These-Ex-Congress-Members-Are-Making-Big-Bucks-Corporate-Boards
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 03:32
    Once the single payer system has been passed, it will be the moment when the rise of the oceans start to slow and our planet began to heal, and the lion lays down in peace with the lamb.
  7. Maryland
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 06:52
    On what basis do you make your (sarcastic) statement?
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 09:43
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Once the single payer system has been passed, it will be the moment when the rise of the oceans start to slow and our planet began to heal, and the lion lays down in peace with the lamb.
    Hopefully that will be the same day you take the vow of silence!
  9. Germany
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 09:47
    Whodey has been conditioned by his puppet masters to disregard any factual evidence that universal health care coverage is the economically and morally sensible thing to do. Whenever he absorbs too much real world information, he quickly reaches back to Reichbart or a similar source of misinformation to cleanse himself of the muck of reality.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 10:311 edit
    Just tired of being lied to and stolen from.

The same voices that sold us all the lie of Obamacare is selling us the single payer scheme.

I don't really want to wind up like the poor veterans in Arizona single payer system put on death lists cuz they are too expensive and sick to treat in an under funded government program.

The liberal mind is a curious thing. If you ask them, do you want free education? Sure! Do you want free housing? Sure! Do you want a free retirement? Sure! Do you want free butt wipers for the rest of your life? Sure, it's our natural right!

Then all of as sudden a single payer system is a good thing because it will save us money? Really? Concerned about saving money are we?

Mwhahahaha!!
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 11:30
    ... the poor veterans in Arizona single payer system put on death lists cuz they are too expensive and sick to treat in an under funded government program.
    OMG, that sounds terrible!

Can you give some more information about this?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 11:48
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    OMG, that sounds terrible!

Can you give some more information about this?
    Yes, I can just hear the concern in your post. Well here is it Mr. Care Empathy person you.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/arizona/investigations/2014/05/31/va-scandal-whistleblower-sam-foote/9830057/

Don't care?

The hell you say.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 12:07
    Yes, I can just hear the concern in your post. Well here is it Mr. Care Empathy person you.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/arizona/investigations/2014/05/31/va-scandal-whistleblower-sam-foote/9830057/

Don't care?

The hell you say.
    And what do you make of this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2014/09/02/overblown-claims-of-deaths-and-waiting-times-at-the-va/?utm_term=.f3675ef2a5ca
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 12:09
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    And what do you make of this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2014/09/02/overblown-claims-of-deaths-and-waiting-times-at-the-va/?utm_term=.f3675ef2a5ca
    Over blown number of deaths?

Really? At what number of deaths should we be concerned?

You just don't care do you?

I'm not even sure why I post here. I could just have a conversation between the two of us for you and you would not even have to type a word.
  15. Maryland
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 12:10
    Whodey is obviously content that millions of fellow Americans have still have no insurance and everyone else is over paying for healthcare that too often is less than the best (if measured by cost verses overall results.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree