1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 12:135 edits
    Originally posted by @667joe
    Whodey is obviously content that millions of fellow Americans have still have no insurance and everyone else is over paying for healthcare that too often is less than the best (if measured by cost verses overall results.)
    I am more concerned about health care being taken over by an all powerful entity that has no checks and balances. Obviously, you have no such concerns.

The VA scandal in Arizona was put before Senator John McCain. They received no help from Mr. war veteran. In fact, they were given pink slips shortly after John McCain was notified. He, in effect, had them all fired.. No, instead some obscure Congressman from Florida exposed the scandal, for which nothing was done other than fire a top dog somewhere that probably had nothing to do with the scandal.

Wash, rinse, repeat. We were that close to never hearing about such scandals. Next time we probably wont' hear about them.

There is no entity to advocate for us that is above the government which is why the should play referee instead of CEO.

All we need it so place our fate in the hands of someone like Mr. Malignant Brain Tumor
  2. Maryland
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 12:29
    We are a democracy. If we are unhappy, we can vote people in or out of office. Private insurance companies have CEOs that are raking in billions delivering an inferior service and do not answer to the electorate. Please tell me how it is that virtually all other advanced countries in the world get better health outcomes spending less money than the US?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 12:311 edit
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Hopefully that will be the same day you take the vow of silence!
    Like they tried to silence Dr. Foote?

The most chilling sentence of the article was, 'They started coming after me'

I don't know why they just didn't send out a drone and kill him.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 12:32
    Originally posted by @667joe
    We are a democracy. If we are unhappy, we can vote people in or out of office. Private insurance companies have CEOs that are raking in billions delivering an inferior service and do not answer to the electorate. Please tell me how it is that virtually all other advanced countries in the world get better health outcomes spending less money than the US?
    Vote people out of orifice? You mean like McCain who has been there since 1911 and only has elections every 6 years?

Really?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 12:34
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Over blown number of deaths?

Really? At what number of deaths should we be concerned?

You just don't care do you?

I'm not even sure why I post here. I could just have a conversation between the two of us for you and you would not even have to type a word.
    Anything to say about the contents of the article I posted?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 12:46
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Anything to say about the contents of the article I posted?
    I believe the testimony of the doctor who was hunted down for being a whistle blower. I believe he saw men being singled out to die because they were too sick to treat. I believe him because the federal government was forced into admitting wrong doing. Those that try to then diminish his story or deny it will promptly be ignored like the nearest Holocaust denier.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 12:53
    I am more concerned about health care being taken over by an all powerful entity that has no checks and balances.
    You're implying that government healthcare would eliminate private insurers, which is wrong.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 12:58
    I believe the testimony of the doctor who was hunted down for being a whistle blower. I believe he saw men being singled out to die because they were too sick to treat. I believe him because the federal government was forced into admitting wrong doing. Those that try to then diminish his story or deny it will promptly be ignored like the nearest Holocaust denier.
    Yep, that does sound like Whodey, alright 🙄

Carry on.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 13:00
    Originally posted by @vivify
    You're implying that government healthcare would eliminate private insurers, which is wrong.
    And you think someone like me is going to trust someone like you who championed Obamacare as good legislation that would reduce cost and we could keep our plans and doctors?

I warned that this was merely passed to eventually give us a single payer system, and I was targeted as a loon or a liar for making such comments.

Now we all know who the liars are now, don't we.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 13:04
    And you think someone like me is going to trust someone like you who championed Obamacare as good legislation that would reduce cost and we could keep our plans and doctors?
    How do you know what I "championed" almost four years before I joined this site? You're full of crap.

I warned that this was merely passed to eventually give us a single payer system, and I was targeted as a loon or a liar for making such comments.

You're still implying that government healthcare will eliminate private insurers, which is wrong.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 17:351 edit
    How do you know what I "championed" almost four years before I joined this site? You're full of crap.

[b]I warned that this was merely passed to eventually give us a single payer system, and I was targeted as a loon or a liar for making such comments.

You're still implying that government healthcare will eliminate private insurers, which is wrong.[/b]
    I see, so the insurance companies will be "private"? What like the Fed and Fannie Mae are "private" and not government owned?

LMAO!

The same voices that brought us Obamacare wish to bring us a single payer system, yet the ink on the legislation is not even dry yet. What does that tell you? That tells me that it was as I warned. They had to further destroy the system in order to save us from it.

Disgusting.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 18:241 edit
    I see, so the insurance companies will be "private"? What like the Fed and Fannie Mae are "private" and not government owned?

LMAO!
    So are you saying that all mortgage lenders are government-owned? If so, you are a moron. If not, then your point has just been refuted.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 12:18
    So are you saying that all mortgage lenders are government-owned? If so, you are a moron. If not, then your point has just been refuted.
    I'm saying that the government can have a great deal of influence on "private" companies, to the point of owning them except in name only.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 13:33
    I'm saying that the government can have a great deal of influence on "private" companies, to the point of owning them except in name only.
    How can they convince us that these insurance companies are private when the Federal government dictates what they must cover or not cover?

It seems to me that they are simply peddling a government plan that is becoming increasingly unaffordable, so many have gotten out of the health care business altogether.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 15:13
    Over blown number of deaths?

Really? At what number of deaths should we be concerned?

You just don't care do you?

I'm not even sure why I post here. I could just have a conversation between the two of us for you and you would not even have to type a word.
    "I'm not even sure why I post here."

Because you love us and want to make us happy?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree