1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 02:01
    well, that number is sure to grow, anyone care to take a wild guess at what that will cost you and I from our already taxed budgets?
    Oh, and new information coming on the cash for clunker fiasco,, not good. Stay tuned.
    Do I seem to look at the glass as half full, or half empty? Humm, there has to be good news somewhere,, oh right, the down was up 69 % since last year,, thats fantastic.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 02:06
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    well, that number is sure to grow, anyone care to take a wild guess at what that will cost you and I from our already taxed budgets?
    Oh, and new information coming on the cash for clunker fiasco,, not good. Stay tuned.
    Do I seem to look at the glass as half full, or half empty? Humm, there has to be good news somewhere,, oh right, the down was up 69 % since last year,, thats fantastic.
    What did you envisage us debating exactly?
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 02:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    What did you envisage us debating exactly?
    The value of the stimulus package to the Americans out of work??
    Sorry
  4. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 02:10
    Careful now Hugh...you might make the list,

utherpendragon ,peanutpicker61, NimzovichLarsen, Sartor Resartus, chanceremechanic, Sam The Sham, Doctor Scribbles, reinfeld, scacchipazzo, howardgee and StarValleyWy
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 02:23
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Careful now Hugh...you might make the list,

utherpendragon ,peanutpicker61, NimzovichLarsen, Sartor Resartus, chanceremechanic, Sam The Sham, Doctor Scribbles, reinfeld, scacchipazzo, howardgee and StarValleyWy
    What? No Whodey? 😠
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 02:28
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    The value of the stimulus package to the Americans out of work??
    Sorry
    In the interests of debate I am willing to go out on a limb and say that I am in favour of the stimulus package being heralded as being of value to the Americans who are out of work, if that is indeed what happened, and if - as I supsect - there are posters here who almost seem to revel in the misfortune of fellow Americans as long as they can pin it on their President and want to try and paint what occured accordingly. Until I am shown evidence to the contrary, I assume that there would have been even more Americans out of work were it not for the stimulus package.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 02:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    No Whodey?
    I have stared into the eyes of peanutpicker61 and utherpendragon, whodey. And believe me whodey, you're no peanutpicker61 or utherpendragon.
  8. Joined
    30 Jan '09
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 13:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    In the interests of debate I am willing to go out on a limb and say that I am in favour of the stimulus package being heralded as being of value to the Americans who are out of work, if that is indeed what happened, and if - as I supsect - there are posters here who almost seem to revel in the misfortune of fellow Americans as long as they can pin it on their Pr ...[text shortened]... that there would have been even more Americans out of work were it not for the stimulus package.
    What do you know about American politics living as a Scotch expatriate in the wilds of Indonesia?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 14:11
    Originally posted by Leon Alvarado
    What do you know about American politics living as a Scotch expatriate in the wilds of Indonesia?
    I wouldn't know, not being Scottish and by no means living in anything remotely like "wilds". As for what I know about American politics, I'd say to you that this is an international debating forum and that a 'point' like yours here is about as bland and boring as it gets, the equivalent of "You're a big nelly, na-na-ni-nar-nar" on a school playground. So. Well done to you. Keeping sticking it to them, by all means. And to me, if you reckon it's worth it.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 14:121 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have stared into the eyes of peanutpicker61 and utherpendragon, whodey. And believe me whodey, you're no peanutpicker61 or utherpendragon.
    😠

Now stare into my eyes again and tell me what you see. 😲
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 14:15
    Now stare into my eyes again and tell me what you see.
    Aspergers Syndrome? Alcoholism? Clinical depression? Being long term unemployed? Being a 15 year old with a domineering dad. Sorry, can't decide which.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 14:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    Aspergers Syndrome? Alcoholism? Clinical depression? Being long term unemployed? Being a 15 year old with a domineering dad. Sorry, can't decide which.
    So much anger trapped inside you FMF. I just keep telling myself that you were somebodies baby once.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 14:29
    So much anger trapped inside you FMF. I just keep telling myself that you were somebodies baby once.
    Not angry at all. You asked the question. I answered in all seriousness. Aspergers Syndrome was my first guess because I am familiar with it in my own family. But because just going on your postings is a bit difficult, I added a few other plausible possibilities.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 15:202 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not angry at all. You asked the question. I answered in all seriousness. Aspergers Syndrome was my first guess because I am familiar with it in my own family. But because just going on your postings is a bit difficult, I added a few other plausible possibilities.
    So you create a "black list" of posters, other than myself, and treat them accordingly but somehow you don't have anger issues?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 15:35
    So you create a "black list" of posters, other than myself, and treat them accordingly but somehow you don't have anger issues?
    No "black list". I speculated about who are regular posters here that I reckon may contribute to creating an atmosphere that is not welcoming to people from developing countries, Muslims, racial minorities, non anglophones etc. etc. That's all. As for my suspicion that you may have Aspergers Syndrome, it is not an insult but an observation, and one solicited by you directly. It is based on my knowledge of the condition and on your characteristics as a writer and debater on these boards. My honesty may have disconcerted you, I accept that. But if you want to interpret it incorrectly as an insult, or assume it was said in anger, then that is a matter for you. You asked me a straight question and I gave you a straight answer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree