1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 15:401 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    No "black list". I speculated about who are regular posters here that I reckon may contribute to creating an atmosphere that is not welcoming to people from developing countries, Muslims, racial minorities, non anglophones etc. etc. That's all. As for my suspicion that you may have Aspergers Syndrome, it is not an insult but an observation, and one solicited by ...[text shortened]... that is a matter for you. You asked me a straight question and I gave you a straight answer.
    Whatever you say FMF. All I know is that pretty much every response to me, and to others I have noticed, have had a condescending tone to them. Like you, it is not an insult, rather, it is just an observation.

Perhaps we can help rehabilitate each other!! 😀
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 15:451 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    All I know is that pretty much every response to me, and to others I have noticed, have had a condescending tone to them.
    You post in a public forum, your posts will be subjected to public scrutiny. If you wrote stuff of a higher calibre then there would be no reason for you to have these feelings of inferiority you mention when someone like me responds to your writing.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 16:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    You post in a public forum, your posts will be subjected to public scrutiny. If you wrote stuff of a higher calibre then there would be no reason for you to have these feelings of inferiority you mention when someone like me responds to your writing.
    Oh well, I tried.
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 19:05
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    well, that number is sure to grow, anyone care to take a wild guess at what that will cost you and I from our already taxed budgets?
    Oh, and new information coming on the cash for clunker fiasco,, not good. Stay tuned.
    Do I seem to look at the glass as half full, or half empty? Humm, there has to be good news somewhere,, oh right, the down was up 69 % since last year,, thats fantastic.
    Instead of complaining why don't you try come up with a better idea to fix your country's economic problems?
  5. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 19:26
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Instead of complaining why don't you try come up with a better idea to fix your country's economic problems?
    Now there is a good idea, finally. If you are not fixing the problem, you are part of it.
    So, hang on for a minute. I worked for a large Semiconductor company here in Eugene. In early 2001, the korean owners started bringing their pipe fitters over here, on visitor visas.. they would rotate them every so often..OK, that took jobs from Americans. I wrote our dem, Senator, and asked him to look in to it. he said he had rumors, but nothing substantial. The plant shut down in August of 08, left 1400 locals out on the street.
    Jump to 2010. The building is still full of equipment. There are now 33 Koreans working out there, on visitor visas, they are all living in the old Presidents place right next door to the plant. This job will take 3-4 months.
    So I write to everyone here in Oregon about it........ not one responce.
    with oregons unemployment this high, those 33 jobs would help few, I know. But what does it say about our elected officials here? Peter Defazio, Ron Wyden, Jeff merckley, have all been informed of this... no interest in this one.
    I took a shot eh?
  6. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 19:28
    Another idea I think would set well.
    we will be facing water shortages in the years to come...Is anyone thinking water de-salinization plants. I see Nuc plants have come up for power, so how about the water supply?
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 19:43
    Now there is a good idea, finally. If you are not fixing the problem, you are part of it.
    So, hang on for a minute. I worked for a large Semiconductor company here in Eugene. In early 2001, the korean owners started bringing their pipe fitters over here, on visitor visas.. they would rotate them every so often..OK, that took jobs from Americans. I wrote ...[text shortened]... en, Jeff merckley, have all been informed of this... no interest in this one.
    I took a shot eh?
    What do you want them to do? send the koreans back to where they came from?
    You're still whining instead of actually doing something useful, screaming "they took our jobs!" won't solve anything.
  8. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 19:462 edits
    What do you want them to do? send the koreans back to where they came from?
    You're still whining instead of actually doing something useful, screaming "they took our jobs!" won't solve anything.
    wow,, isn't it the governments job to make sure that they are working here legally.
    who pays for one, if say he gets hurt? Workers Compensation?
    You baffle me with that... but then with all the other illegals running around, maybe this is just a small hill of beans to you?

Ah, I might add, this FAb was idled, and replaced by a new FAB in China,,, and I am retired, so I am not whinning for myself
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 19:48
    wow,, isn't it the governments job to make sure that they are working here legally.
    who pays for one, if say he gets hurt? Workers Compensation?
    You baffle me with that... but then with all the other illegals running around, maybe this is just a small hill of beans to you?

Ah, I might add, this FAb was idled, and replaced by a new FAB in China,,,
    How do you know for sure they're illegals?
  10. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 19:51
    How do you know for sure they're illegals?
    The Security manager, and two co-workers are there. It;'s a state law to have the people there, while boilers are running.,They told me about it, and they are upset as heck.... but maybe they should clal the INS,, but they fear their own jobs.
    we all looked past it back in 2001, because we almost went under then, and they must have had a plan to retro quicker and cheaper. Now their just giving up.

So lips stay sealed.
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 19:54
    The Security manager, and two co-workers are there. It;'s a state law to have the people there, while boilers are running.,They told me about it, and they are upset as heck.... but maybe they should clal the INS,, but they fear their own jobs.
    we all looked past it back in 2001, because we almost went under then, and they must have had a plan to retro quicker and cheaper. Now their just giving up.

So lips stay sealed.
    The Security manager was the Sheriff of Lane county, I trust him...but he has been battling cancer,, so I think he's hanging on for insurance?

Anyway, you asked what I was doing, this is small, I know..... but what can I do?
  12. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 05:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    In the interests of debate I am willing to go out on a limb and say that I am in favour of the stimulus package being heralded as being of value to the Americans who are out of work, if that is indeed what happened, and if - as I supsect - there are posters here who almost seem to revel in the misfortune of fellow Americans as long as they can pin it on their Pr ...[text shortened]... that there would have been even more Americans out of work were it not for the stimulus package.
    stick with the OP please... what about the 722 complaints about that money being used improperly?
    If the money was given to a good cause, wouldn't it have benefited someone, or more people.. of course we will have to see what comes from the complaints.
    Off topic, how did you view the cash for clunkers program, which was a stimulus program?
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 18:27

So lips stay sealed.
    So the problem is with the authorities who seem to be too incompetent to deal with this situation. I guess there's not much you can do then.
  14. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '10 19:27
    So the problem is with the authorities who seem to be too incompetent to deal with this situation. I guess there's not much you can do then.
    It does appear that way. Plus so many Koreans stayed behind after the plant closed. They knew there was nothing left in Korea, were told to hang on, a solar company would come here. But that deal never materialized, so they are stuck here now.
    Maybe, if they had just cut hours, and jumped on stimulus packages, they could have survived...but our monthly utility bill approached a million bucks!
    It's hard to fathom making enough DRAM to pay that bill, thus off to China hey!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree