Parler. Big tech controlling Free Speech.

Parler. Big tech controlling Free Speech.

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
10 Jan 21

With Google banning Parler from the play store, Apple banning it from the app store , and Amazon banning it from their platform. Is this the final nail in the coffin for free speech? Also What argument can Google, Twitter, Facebook et al have for being neutral platforms.

E

Moves
10 Jan 21

@huckleberryhound
Of course the puppets of the political machine are going to squash free speech. They need everyone getting only the propaganda they want people to believe.

MB

Moves
10 Jan 21

I am suspicious that Parler is the only other social media with a no censorship policy that the corporate news media will mention. I noticed Ted Cruz and Rand Paul endorsed Parler.

I'm not sure I would embrace something the corporate news media is telling us about and not the others. Is Parler popular with the numbers to back it up? Why is it Parler and not Minds?

I like Minds. Parler takes too long to respond like it is to install some spyware or something. Why Parler?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
10 Jan 21
1 edit

Well people can get parler still.

If the majority of Trump voters will cease to use Apple product, they (Apple) will realize that, don't you think. If it is only a few hundred thousand Apple won't mind, and the small group will face their unimportance.

While I am at it: Just buy an American Smart Phone without any Chinese components.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jan 21

@huckleberryhound
No, it is denying a deranged POTUS from further firing up his hypnotized base and causing even MORE deaths from riots.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
10 Jan 21

Politically Correct Uber Nazis have to control *everything* - and that is your answer.

Marxist bleeping control freeks. America used to be a great country. Now, it's full of new Americans.

m

Moves
10 Jan 21
1 edit

@huckleberryhound said
With Google banning Parler from the play store, Apple banning it from the app store , and Amazon banning it from their platform. Is this the final nail in the coffin for free speech? Also What argument can Google, Twitter, Facebook et al have for being neutral platforms.
My answer in no.
Firstly, freedom is relative. You can't run red lights at intersections.
Secondly, one's freedom should be exercised at the expense of someone else's.
Your right to smoke cigarettes does not mean you can blow the smoke into someone else's face.
Your right to a religious belief does not mean you can tell someone else who they can marry.
Of course, it gets ridiculous when I see someone who wants to exercise their right to not wear a mask during a deadly pandemic intentionally coughing in some else's face.....
etc, etc, etc ......

Freedom is relative........ and should be exercised responsibly....

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jan 21

@Earl-of-Trumps
Ah, you mean those 'new' ones like Lindsey Graham Cracker, Moscow Mitch, Ted Cruz, Hawley, Jim Jordan and the like?

m

Moves
10 Jan 21

@earl-of-trumps said
Politically Correct Uber Nazis have to control *everything* - and that is your answer.

Marxist bleeping control freeks. America used to be a great country. Now, it's full of new Americans.
What exactly is a "new" American ?
Is that a newborn baby who came into this world today ??
Explain that to me. On the other hand, never mind.
It was just another dumb to say....

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
10 Jan 21

@huckleberryhound said
The government isn't involved therefore free speech is not emperiled.

w

Moves
10 Jan 21

@huckleberryhound said
The Trumps complaining about censorship is absolutely ridiculous. They've been everywhere everyday all the time for 6 years. They all have the ability to walk up to a podium in front of dozens of cameras and reporters and say whatever they want and it will be delivered to the American people on every network.

I only have 15 twitter followers. When I post something and no one sees it is Twitter controlling my free speech?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
10 Jan 21

@athousandyoung said
The government isn't involved therefore free speech is not emperiled.
It does when the chose to censor, but hide behind the freedoms of a platform. If they chose to editorialise , they are a publisher not a platform. Also the fact that the CPC has a twitter account ( the ones with the Uighars in concentration camps), but they banned people in America for typing "learn to code", shows that it is a very unhealthy control of public discourse. Facebook, Google, apple, and twitter are monopolies. They have an unhealthy control of public discourse.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Jan 21

@huckleberryhound said
“Final” nail...?

Wtf!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
10 Jan 21

@huckleberryhound said
It does when the chose to censor, but hide behind the freedoms of a platform. If they chose to editorialise , they are a publisher not a platform. Also the fact that the CPC has a twitter account ( the ones with the Uighars in concentration camps), but they banned people in America for typing "learn to code", shows that it is a very unhealthy control of public discou ...[text shortened]... book, Google, apple, and twitter are monopolies. They have an unhealthy control of public discourse.
I'm all for splitting up monopolies but this is not a free speech issue. In fact if these platforms did NOT censor Trump they might be legally liable for helping organize violence!

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
10 Jan 21

@AThousandYoung

I haven't mentioned Trump mate.