Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Aug '18 03:16
    YouTube

Another good one and rather recent.

This is very relevant to any discussion on immigration.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 07:13
    France has always been weird. They got the USA to enter the Vietnam war by saying they would be traitors if the US didn't help. Go figure.
    JFK should have told them to F themselves. I guess since he didn't that makes us even weirder.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2363051-Did-de-Gaulle-threaten-to-join-the-USSR-if-the-US-didn-t-help-with-France-s-colonies
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 20:02
    Originally posted by @metal-brain to Philokalia
    France has always been weird. They got the USA to enter the Vietnam war by saying they would be traitors if the US didn't help. Go figure.
    JFK should have told them to F themselves. I guess since he didn't that makes us even weirder.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2363051-Did-de-Gaulle-threaten-to-join-the-USSR-if-the-US-didn-t-help-with-France-s-colonies
    In fact, the USA already was deeply involved in supporting France's war in Indochina
    when Eisenhower (long before JFK) was President.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 20:12
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    In fact, the USA already was deeply involved in supporting France's war in Indochina
    when Eisenhower (long before JFK) was President.
    Thanks for the clarification.
  5. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    02 Sep '18 13:02
    France can really have volatile politics that are hard to understand. They also tend to get blamed for things that are not necessarily as true of them as they are true of places like Germany.

For instance, many think of the French as being virulently anti-American in many ways, yet when Bush was President it was Germany that actually showed that out in the polls far more than France.

But if anyone remembers my last name you would understand why I have some mixed feelings on that.
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 Sep '18 16:33
    French food is so good, they can have crappy politics and be forgiven.

And you ain’t a real man until you’ve licked the hairy, sweaty armpit of a 55 year old French woman.

Mhmmmm... just thinking about it makes me want to jam some escargots up her mussel and lick them out with garlic paste.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    04 Sep '18 05:01
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    French food is so good, they can have crappy politics and be forgiven.

And you ain’t a real man until you’ve licked the hairy, sweaty armpit of a 55 year old French woman.

Mhmmmm... just thinking about it makes me want to jam some escargots up her mussel and lick them out with garlic paste.
    A thumbs down! Somebody doesn't like snails.