1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 18:23
    Intuitive people vs Sensory people.

https://personalityhacker.com/how-are-sensors-and-intuitives-different/

70 percent of people are sensory but most smart people are intuitive. When they say smart, many times it is how well do you see patterns.

Sensory people deal well with reality. Sensory people have common sense. Intuitive people do not have common sense.

Most people score both sensory and intuitive but some are to the extreme. The further to the intuitive extreme one gets the less that person can be understood by the majority.

It seems to me the more intuitive a person is, the better the chess player.

I am mostly sensory, which helps to explain my athletic ability but also explains my approach to math.

Sensors do not appreciate intuitives because they are weak in what sensors value. Intuitives do not appreciate sensors because sensors are weak in what intuitives value.

At least that is how it seems to me.

It explains much about people I see here.

It also links to politics I think. Sensors can see how intuitive theories won't work.
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 19:572 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Intuitive people vs Sensory people.

https://personalityhacker.com/how-are-sensors-and-intuitives-different/

70 percent of people are sensory but most smart people are intuitive. When they say smart, many times it is how well do you see patterns.

Sensory people deal well with reality. Sensory people have common sense. Intuitive people do not have c ...[text shortened]... e here.

It also links to politics I think. Sensors can see how intuitive theories won't work.
    I can go along with most of this, and am supremely convinced I'm remarkably average in both, and my chess rating reflects it.

As far a politics, I'm not so sure. I do know that most, though not all, of those with advanced degrees (Masters and PhD's) tend to be more politically Liberal. It might be interesting to do a detailed study on this.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 20:21
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I can go along with most of this, and am supremely convinced I'm remarkably average in both, and my chess rating reflects it.

As far a politics, I'm not so sure. I do know that most, though not all, of those with advanced degrees (Masters and PhD's) tend to be more politically Liberal. It might be interesting to do a detailed study on this.
    So you are too well balanced to excel at chess, but it did serve you well in business.
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 21:082 edits
    So you are too well balanced to excel at chess, but it did serve you well in business.
    Maybe, I'm not sure what well balanced would look like. As far as my business goes, that was 99.99% persistence and work, the other .01% I'll leave to others to analyze.🙂
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 21:49
    Maybe, I'm not sure what well balanced would look like. As far as my business goes, that was 99.99% persistence and work, the other .01% I'll leave to others to analyze.🙂
    There were decisions to be made not just work. There are plenty of hard workers with failed businesses.
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 22:102 edits
    There were decisions to be made not just work. There are plenty of hard workers with failed businesses.
    A lot of hard workers with failed businesses don't do their homework before starting either. Unlike many, I took the time to do some very detailed homework before choosing a business. Mine was very low cost to start (started from my kitchen table) counseling and support was available free through a website comprised of others in my field, and low marketing costs. I spent months laying the groundwork for success, including a business plan, months of prep work on how to do good customer service, getting my financial house in order, some very pointed questions to my accountant and attorney, before launching my business. Over prepared? Perhaps, but it worked. Most failed business owners people don't do all of this.

The will to prepare to win is more important than the will to win - Vince Lombardi
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 22:14
    A lot of hard workers with failed businesses don't do their homework before starting either. Unlike many, I took the time to do some very detailed homework before choosing a business. Mine was very low cost to start (started from my kitchen table) counseling and support was available free through a website comprised of others in my field, and low marketing c ...[text shortened]... Over prepared? Perhaps, but it worked. Most failed business owners people don't do all of this.
    We tried the same field, I think the software was called infinity. We got a chiropractor who didn't bill much. Eventually just said forget it. Didn't have to declare bankruptcy, as you said cheap buy in.
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 22:20
    We tried the same field, I think the software was called infinity. We got a chiropractor who didn't bill much. Eventually just said forget it. Didn't have to declare bankruptcy, as you said cheap buy in.
    Sorry it didn't work out for you. If you're interested, the info on this site is GOLD. No scams here, just the real deal done by 2 ladies that are REALLY successful.

www.medicalbillinglive.com
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 22:28
    Sorry it didn't work out for you. If you're interested, the info on this site is GOLD. No scams here, just the real deal done by 2 ladies that are REALLY successful.

My wife and I are working full time but we may head in that direction. Thanks
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 12:51
    I think that entrepreneurialism is 10% inspiration, 65% perspiration and 25% luck.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 15:52
    Originally posted by @sh76
    I think that entrepreneurialism is 10% inspiration, 65% perspiration and 25% luck.
    Sounds a bit like chess. Anything in there about knowledge of the industry?
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 17:47
    Sounds a bit like chess. Anything in there about knowledge of the industry?
    There is no luck in chess.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 18:51
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    There is no luck in chess.
    Which is why the better player always wins.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 22:47

Is that your business, med billing?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Sep '17 01:03
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Is that your business, med billing?
    Lots of money in medical billing if you can get doctors.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree