Personality Type N vs S

Personality Type N vs S

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Sep 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Intuitive people vs Sensory people.

https://personalityhacker.com/how-are-sensors-and-intuitives-different/

70 percent of people are sensory but most smart people are intuitive. When they say smart, many times it is how well do you see patterns.

Sensory people deal well with reality. Sensory people have common sense. Intuitive people do not have c ...[text shortened]... e here.

It also links to politics I think. Sensors can see how intuitive theories won't work.
I tried to take it but it would not accept my answers in the comments box, tried several different ways to describe but came back each time. I gave up.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
19 Sep 17

Sounds a bit like chess. Anything in there about knowledge of the industry?
Knowledge of industry is part of perspiration.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
19 Sep 17
1 edit

70 percent of people are sensory but most smart people are intuitive. When they say smart, many times it is how well do you see patterns.

Sensory people deal well with reality. Sensory people have common sense. Intuitive people do not have c ...[text shortened]... e here.

It also links to politics I think. Sensors can see how intuitive theories won't work.
I'm a strong N in that dimension. I'm probably a Briggs-Myers INTP (though perhaps INTJ).

The statement "Intuitive people do not have common sense" is silly. The whole point of using the Briggs-Myers classification system is to avoid those sorts of summary value judgments to better understand others.

D

Moves
19 Sep 17

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Sep 17

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I'm shocked that the tool is riddled with holes.
Didn't see that one coming...

Oh. Wait. Yes. OP... yup.

D

Moves
20 Sep 17

E

Moves
20 Sep 17

Originally posted by @sh76
I'm a strong N in that dimension. I'm probably a Briggs-Myers INTP (though perhaps INTJ).

The statement "Intuitive people do not have common sense" is silly. The whole point of using the Briggs-Myers classification system is to avoid those sorts of summary value judgments to better understand others.
Of course generalities are not true for all individuals. For some reason you seem to miss that point.

E

Moves
20 Sep 17

Originally posted by @shavixmir
I'm shocked that the tool is riddled with holes.
Didn't see that one coming...

Oh. Wait. Yes. OP... yup.
Notice I was talking about types not where the test places you.

Do you do better with step by step or by pattern fron the hole? Do you need concrete or can you handle only theoretical?

Of course personality is not the only factor.

E

Moves
20 Sep 17

Text book is neither sensory nor intuitive or another way could be either.

D

Moves
20 Sep 17

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Sep 17
2 edits

I'm a very "smart" N with an IQ of around 120 (not great but above average); I'm super perceptive and see (accurate) patterns and connections in people data and processes.

But I'm absolutley crap at chess.

Edit: I'm ENTP bordering J

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Sep 17

Can you see any deficiency in quoting the "Guardian" in most of your posts?

E

Moves
20 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
I'm a very "smart" N with an IQ of around 120 (not great but above average); I'm super perceptive and see (accurate) patterns and connections in people data and processes.

But I'm absolutley crap at chess.

Edit: I'm ENTP bordering J
Have you had good training?

Have memorized good master's games?

D

Moves
20 Sep 17

E

Moves
21 Sep 17

If the brain is the engine and personality is the transmition, then those with intutive skills would have an easier time on IQ tests. In other words, N could be described as automatic and S would be stick.

In any case this is an explanation as to why people think differently. It seems to me that people should be taught to play to their strengths. Intuitive people intuitive methods while sensory should be taught by sensory methods.