1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 10:232 edits
    As many of you know, last week the FBI Director made an announcement regarding Hillary Clinton's emails. It's hard to see the timing of this announcement as anything but part of an ongoing smear campaign against Hillary Clinton. I predict however, this is not going to change the outcome of this election for 3 reasons: 1. Most Americans have already made up their mind who their voting for, and this announcement will only sway some of the few remaining undecided voters. 2. Lack of evidence. As with so many other ballyhooed announcements from the right wing about Hillary's emails, no evidence of illegal activity was found (although a few of those emails concerning Chelsey's bakery recipes could be a matter of national security!) 3. As I said, the timing of this announcement was simply too obvious.

I'll be the first to admit it if I'm wrong, but I still predict we'll be saying "Madam President" in January.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 11:45
    Originally posted by mchill
    As many of you know, last week the FBI Director made an announcement regarding Hillary Clinton's emails. It's hard to see the timing of this announcement as anything but part of an ongoing smear campaign against Hillary Clinton. I predict however, this is not going to change the outcome of this election for 3 reasons: 1. Most Americans have already made up th ...[text shortened]... irst to admit it if I'm wrong, but I still predict we'll be saying "Madam President" in January.
    Add to this the fact that Hillary supporters have been getting slightly too confident in a win and so many of them might have said "I don't need to go vote, she's got this." These latest developments now add just a bit of uncertainty and might flush out the supporters to make sure they go vote.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 12:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Add to this the fact that Hillary supporters have been getting slightly too confident in a win and so many of them might have said "I don't need to go vote, she's got this." These latest developments now add just a bit of uncertainty and might flush out the supporters to make sure they go vote.
    These latest developments now add just a bit of uncertainty and might flush out the supporters to make sure they go vote.

Let us hope so. Hillary is not a super candidate, but is an improvement over The Donald
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 12:15
    As many of you know, last week the FBI Director made an announcement regarding Hillary Clinton's emails. It's hard to see the timing of this announcement as anything but part of an ongoing smear campaign against Hillary Clinton. I predict however, this is not going to change the outcome of this election for 3 reasons: 1. Most Americans have already made up th ...[text shortened]... irst to admit it if I'm wrong, but I still predict we'll be saying "Madam President" in January.
    Delusional.
    The FBI already acknowledged she broke the law, but opted to not seek indictment, inexplicably, because they couldn't prove intent.
    That is beyond mind-boggling, and wholly without precedent.
    Whichever.
    You can bluster all you wish with the fantasy how this latest revelation will somehow bolster the troops... even while those closest to her campaign are now distancing themselves from her.

It's over for that crook.
    Drain the swamp.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 12:31
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Delusional.
    The FBI already acknowledged she broke the law, but opted to not seek indictment, inexplicably, because they couldn't prove intent.
    That is beyond mind-boggling, and wholly without precedent.
    Whichever.
    You can bluster all you wish with the fantasy how this latest revelation will somehow bolster the troops... even while those closest to he ...[text shortened]... campaign are now distancing themselves from her.

It's over for that crook.
    Drain the swamp.
    The swamp never gets drained. It just gets deeper, and deeper, and deeper.....
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 13:04
    Way to go out on a limb there and "predict" something that is at least a 3:1 favorite in every betting market out there.

My prediction:

<drum roll, please>

The Sun will rise in the east tomorrow.
  7. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 14:26
    Originally posted by sh76
    Way to go out on a limb there and "predict" something that is at least a 3:1 favorite in every betting market out there.

My prediction:

<drum roll, please>

The remaining question is how/if she will be able to achieve anything since a large swathe of citizens will believe, for good reason, that the government is illegitimate. This isn't going away.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 14:30
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    The remaining question is how/if she will be able to achieve anything since a large swathe of citizens will believe, for good reason, that the government is illegitimate. This isn't going away.
    Legislation will be almost impossible for Hillary even if the Dems control the Senate.

Still, control over the administrative agencies is a lot of power. That's mainly how Obama governed.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 19:28
    Your "large swathe" who've been drinking the Kool-Aid for so long, believing the Republican lie that Democrats are some kind of scum, will have to deal with a Hillary landslide.

Just how big a percentage do you think would shut them up?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 19:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Your "large swathe" who've been drinking the Kool-Aid for so long, believing the Republican lie that Democrats are some kind of scum, will have to deal with a Hillary landslide.

Just how big a percentage do you think would shut them up?
    Not according to ABC News/Washington Post tracker, Agent Orange has overtaken Shillary 😲
  11. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 19:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Not according to ABC News/Washington Post tracker, Agent Orange has overtaken Shillary 😲
    Yeah, there are other polls which concern me more than that one. ABC had Clinton up by 12 a week ago. Now way have 13 percent of the voters changed their minds in that amount of time.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 20:16
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Yeah, there are other polls which concern me more than that one. ABC had Clinton up by 12 a week ago. Now way have 13 percent of the voters changed their minds in that amount of time.
    Polls are unreliable. What appears to me to happen is that they called it for Clinton like it was a foregone conclusion, 'nothing to see here folks, Hillary is so far ahead, no need for you people to come out and vote', and now that it gets nearer they are correcting themselves so that they appear credible when the cycle begins again.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 20:281 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 22:15
    Republicans have acted like that for 8 years now, so nothing would change.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 22:17
    Originally posted by sh76

My prediction:

<drum roll, please>

Been a pretty big shift in the betting markets in the last couple of days; HRC has went down from close to 85% to a nick over 70%.

The trend is worrisome if you're a Hillary supporter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree