1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 18:07
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    We could import stuff from China, if only the EU didn't put massive tariffs on Chinese goods that raise the cost of living in the UK. The EU puts 80% tariffs on Chinese steel. 80%.

There's this thing called NATO. Also, it works both ways. Our intelligence agencies are by far the best in Europe (and we share our intelligence with America, ...[text shortened]... ude Juncker's obsequious tweet to Putin congratulating him on his "re-election" says everything.
    Your military is the best in the EU?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 18:14
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Your military is the best in the EU.
    Thanks.
  3. RSA
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 20:03
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Thanks.
    I see what you did there.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 20:15
    I see what you did there.
    Well it isn't rocket science but give yourself a pat on the back if you want. I'm reading this thread with something like interest, but I'm staying out of it unless and until it grows up a bit. As you were...
  5. RSA
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 20:30
    That is because no one knows if they are lies or not at the moment.

How extremely dishonest - Are you saying that the recession of 6% immediately after a leave vote was not a lie? How about the 3 million unemployed? I'm not going to list all of them again.

I can come to one of two conclusions - you genuinely do not believe in the statistics that show exactly what happened in the post-referendum UK (in which case there is no point debating), or, alternatively, you are in denial because it is too painful for you to admit that brexiteers were right regarding project fear.

Allow me to disabuse you of these false beliefs.

In 2016, the UK economy grew 1.9%.
    in 2017, the UK economy grew 1.8%.

This is in sharp contrast to project fear, which stated that the economy would shrink 6% following a leave vote - far more than aggregate output shrank during the height of the recession in 2009.

The unemployment rate in June 2016 prior to the referendum was 4.9%

Today, it is 4.3%. That is a 42 year low - unemployment this low was last seen in 1975.

Project fear stated that unemployment would rise by 3 million people - worse than the great depression. Anyone with half a brain could see this remainer lie for what it was, a big, fat "porky pie" to quote Shav. The same goes for the rest of project fear.
  6. RSA
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 20:34
    Originally posted by @indonesia-phil
    Well it isn't rocket science but give yourself a pat on the back if you want. I'm reading this thread with something like interest, but I'm staying out of it unless and until it grows up a bit. As you were...
    Please, do share your opinion with us.

I wasn't patting myself on the back.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 10:10
    [b]Today, it is 4.3%. That is a 42 year low - unemployment this low was last seen in 1975.

Ahh ... the boom years of the mid 70's.
    Wasn't that great for everyone?
    Wasn't it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree