1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 11:03
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    You're referring to the transition period. The transition is pretty much EU membership but we can sign our own trade agreements. Brexit still happens in December 2020. Too long if you ask me.

While our own trade arrangements is the most important part of brexit I would prefer no deal to this transition. I'm fed up with many other aspects of the EU. Th ...[text shortened]... ntry is a priority for the UK at the moment. Hopefully there will be some progress on that soon.
    What an excessive amount of typing just to tell us you don’t have a clue what you’re on about.
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 12:59
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Brexit was the throwing of a stone into a lake.

You focus too much sir on the transitory ripples.
    What if instead of a lake, it's more like a very large sink, and Brexit is like pulling the plug, that will incrementally see the hopes and dreams of the middle and working classes slide down the drain?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 15:55
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    What if instead of a lake, it's more like a very large sink, and Brexit is like pulling the plug, that will incrementally see the hopes and dreams of the middle and working classes slide down the drain?
    That would indeed be a problem sir if we were confined to the sink. Fortunately we can swim out into the bathtub, where new 'yellow duckies of opportunity' await for us all.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 20:02
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    You guys keep repeating this as though it’s a chant from the globalist’s book of retarded spells.
  5. RSA
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 20:26
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You guys keep repeating this as though it’s a chant from the globalist’s book of retarded spells.
    They dig their heads in the sand against economic evidence when confronted with the fact that the sky has not fallen in over Brexit. In fact, things are going great. Remainers keep prophesizing more doom stories in the vain hope that a sudden storm of bad economics suddenly strikes the UK so that they will be vindicated, not realizing that the worst of it was in the middle of 2017 and we're already long past the eye of the storm in a teacup. Things are already improving, as I have shown with my first post in this thread.

In the lead up to the referendum, remainers spouted all sorts of economic doom-mongering that they knew was incorrect. They banked on the fact that since the polls were in favour of remain at the time, their lie would never be exposed since remain would win and their ill-judged hypotheses would never be tested. George Osborne and David Cameron used project fear to scare us into remaining - knowing their jobs were on the line in the case of a leave victory.

The problem - the British people are clever and we are very involved in our democracy. Anybody with half a brain, common sense or the most rudimentary economic knowledge could see remain for what it was - a fat gust of hot air. Expecting us to buy project fear was patronizing and insulting to our intelligence. Of course, they were wrong. I laugh at remainers, still hysterically screeching about economic calamity that was never and still is not supported by the facts.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 21:36
    They dig their heads in the sand against economic evidence when confronted with the fact that the sky has not fallen in over Brexit. In fact, things are going great. Remainers keep prophesizing more doom stories in the vain hope that a sudden storm of bad economics suddenly strikes the UK so that they will be vindicated, not realizing that the worst of it ...[text shortened]... cally screeching about economic calamity that was never and still is not supported by the facts.
    Things are going great, are they?

Boris Johnson, Jacob Reese Mogg and David Davis?

10.500 financial jobs alone expected to be lost by 2019?

No fewer foreigners entering Britain after Brexit?

On your knees praying to the Gods you get adequacy (GDPR)?

Telling porky pies that the US is the better trade partner and investing your balls in Trump?

Yeah... sounds like a winning ticket to me.

How’s the millions per week for the NHS coming along? I mean, I’m sure the tories are already investing in nurses. They are, aren’t they?
    Oh dear.

Well, don’t worry, I’m sure you can get your operation in Europe, right next to the company that’s going to be making your post-Brexit passports for you.
  7. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 14:01
    They dig their heads in the sand against economic evidence when confronted with the fact that the sky has not fallen in over Brexit. In fact, things are going great. Remainers keep prophesizing more doom stories in the vain hope that a sudden storm of bad economics suddenly strikes the UK so that they will be vindicated, not realizing that the worst of it ...[text shortened]... cally screeching about economic calamity that was never and still is not supported by the facts.
    'In the lead up to the referendum, remainers spouted all sorts of economic doom-mongering that they knew was incorrect.'

Do you have a few examples,please?
    I think you are thinking to the big red bus.That was the other lot. 😀
  8. RSA
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 14:21
    Originally posted by @biffo-konker
    'In the lead up to the referendum, remainers spouted all sorts of economic doom-mongering that they knew was incorrect.'

Do you have a few examples,please?
    I think you are thinking to the big red bus.That was the other lot. 😀
    Banking exodus? Contraction of 6%? Punishment budget? End of the City? 3 million unemployed? Indyref 2?

I've told you many times. Remainer lies exposed.
  9. RSA
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 14:28
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Things are going great, are they?

Boris Johnson, Jacob Reese Mogg and David Davis?

10.500 financial jobs alone expected to be lost by 2019?

No fewer foreigners entering Britain after Brexit?

On your knees praying to the Gods you get adequacy (GDPR)?

Telling porky pies that the US is the better trade partner and investing your balls in Trump ...[text shortened]... Europe, right next to the company that’s going to be making your post-Brexit passports for you.
    What happened to hundreds of thousands of City jobs immediately? Now it's 10500 by 2019. The UK economy created way more jobs than that just last month. Not that jobs will be lost anyway.

I have laid out economic evidence. Can you tell me that the facts are incorrect? No. Because facts are irrefutable.

Like I said, let's agree to disagree and see who turns out better. I've said for years that Italy's banks are a ticking time bomb that will bring down the eurozone. The eurozone is already a failure but when it inevitably melts down again... we will see who was right.
  10. RSA
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 14:37
    I was in Italy a few times in the past 5 years and everything was fine.
    Yes, a banking system on the brink of collapse, debt of 130%, debt to the ECB of 500 billion euros and increasing every day, youth unemployment of 30%, unemployment of 11%, an economy that is still 6% smaller than in 2008 and no growth since 2000, shabby infrastructure and social divisions over migration, but hey, Italy's doing great.

Economic illiteracy.
  11. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 15:22
    Banking exodus? Contraction of 6%? Punishment budget? End of the City? 3 million unemployed? Indyref 2?

I've told you many times. Remainer lies exposed.
    Morgan Stanley, Citigroup Inc., Standard Chartered Plc and Nomura Holdings Inc have picked the German city for their EU headquarters to ensure continued access to the single market. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and UBS Group AG are weighing a similar decision, said people familiar with the matter, asking not to be named because the plans aren’t public.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-brexit-bankers/
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 15:29
    What happened to hundreds of thousands of City jobs immediately? Now it's 10500 by 2019. The UK economy created way more jobs than that just last month. Not that jobs will be lost anyway.

I have laid out economic evidence. Can you tell me that the facts are incorrect? No. Because facts are irrefutable.

Like I said, let's agree to disagree and see ...[text shortened]... ozone is already a failure but when it inevitably melts down again... we will see who was right.
    How’s the food industry doing?
    And do you have enough nurses?

Mhmmm... I’m sure you’ll be able to import apples from China, if your big buddy Trump doesn’t set off a trade war.

And who’s gonna stand by your side when Russia’s shagging you senseless?
    Oh, your big buddy Trump...

Yeah.
    But yeah, I’ll agree to disagree... let the show commence!
  13. RSA
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 16:201 edit
    Morgan Stanley, Citigroup Inc., Standard Chartered Plc and Nomura Holdings Inc have picked the German city for their EU headquarters to ensure continued access to the single market. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and UBS Group AG are weighing a similar decision, said people familiar with the matter, asking not to be named because the plans aren’t public.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-brexit-bankers/
    A typically dishonest post.

You didn't address any of the other lies.

Due to Brexit, a grand total of a couple of banks (out of at least 500 in the City) have made concrete plans to relocate a tiny portion of their staff to shell offices in the EU. I weep. It's tragic. The UK economy creates more jobs in 6 hours than have been lost to the EU over the past 21 months.

Your article is 6 months old. Things have changed completely since then.

I am friends with a barrister (who is originally from Germany but is an Anglophile) who works in the city and spends 6 weeks in London and 6 weeks here in Cape Town with his family. He spoke with the head of Société Générale and do you know what he said? He said that although France and the rest of the EU are desperate to lure bankers, they just can't. They don't have the infrastructure to cope. Plans to move staff are being put on ice all over London.

The re-emergence of political risk in the EU, the instability of Italy's banks and the attractiveness of London mean that it will continue to be the banking centre of Europe. If banks haven't left by now, they aren't leaving. It's been close to 2 years. The outlook only gets better for the UK and worse for the EU from here on out.
  14. RSA
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 16:311 edit
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    How’s the food industry doing?
    And do you have enough nurses?

Mhmmm... I’m sure you’ll be able to import apples from China, if your big buddy Trump doesn’t set off a trade war.

And who’s gonna stand by your side when Russia’s shagging you senseless?
    Oh, your big buddy Trump...

Yeah.
    But yeah, I’ll agree to disagree... let the show commence!
    We could import stuff from China, if only the EU didn't put massive tariffs on Chinese goods that raise the cost of living in the UK. The EU puts 80% tariffs on Chinese steel. 80%.

There's this thing called NATO. Also, it works both ways. Our intelligence agencies are by far the best in Europe (and we share our intelligence with America, Australia, Canada and New Zealand). Our military is the best in the EU. Don't want to help out with the spy poisoning? Yulia and Sergei Skripal (not to mention a police officer) were poisoned in a barbaric attack. If the EU doesn't want to help in future attacks by Russia, that shows a lot about it. Jean-Claude Juncker's obsequious tweet to Putin congratulating him on his "re-election" says everything.
  15. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 16:481 edit
    A typically dishonest post.

You didn't address any of the other lies.

Due to Brexit, a grand total of a couple of banks (out of at least 500 in the City) have made concrete plans to relocate a tiny portion of their staff to shell offices in the EU. I weep. It's tragic. The UK economy creates more jobs in 6 hours than have been lost to the EU over ...[text shortened]... close to 2 years. The outlook only gets better for the UK and worse for the EU from here on out.
    'A typically dishonest post'
    Mine or yours? I posted a list of banks that are moving to Frankfurt from an article from Bloomberg.How is that dishonest?

'You didn't address any of the other lies.'
    That is because no one knows if they are lies or not at the moment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree