Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 18 Dec '17 02:58 / 2 edits
    Tell you what, let's make a deal.

    I'll support impeaching Trump if everyone here supports impeaching these people from Congress who have ethical issues as well.

    Deal?

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/12/05/six-people-who-were-elected-congress-despite-their-scandals/923090001/

    1. Rep. Scott DesJarlais, R-Tenn

    2. Former Sen. David Vitter, R-La.

    3. Rep. Mark Sanford, R-S.C.

    4. Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif

    5. Former Rep. Michael Grimm, R-N.Y.

    Charley Rangel, with 11 ethics violations and should be in jail, is on the list but quietly snuck out the door this year and retired.

    If we have a deal, just put Pence in there to finish his term and be done wit it! Are we really interested in ethical behavior or is this all a ruse to get to Trump? Well, which is it?

    Say, Trump ran on emptying the swamp, and damned if he is doing just that.
  2. 18 Dec '17 03:39
    As a side note, I also want the GOP Congressman who was jerking off on the internet for his girlfriend.

    Disgusting. Sure, he technically did nothing "wrong" but he is a buffoon and an embarrassment to the country.
  3. 18 Dec '17 04:32 / 2 edits
    If we all agree to this, Maxine Waters will be the tough part for Dims. She is stupid and corrupt and no doubt with her dismembered head on a platter, she will still be screaming for the head of Trump as the rest of the body runs off like a chicken.

    Maxine is so stupid, she thinks she can't even be removed.

    https://constitution.com/maxine-waters-says-cant-impeached/

    The voter then pushed Waters to explain why the Congresswoman wouldn’t represent her views, reminding Waters that she was one of her constituents as well. Waters ignored the question and instead called President Trump a “dishonorable, lying man” who was “in bed” with Vladimir Putin and the Russian government. “They’re going to take us down!”, a wild-eyed Waters exclaimed.

    The voter then compared Trump to Bill Clinton and that caused Waters to explode in insanity. “I don’t care about Clinton! Listen, I’m going to work every day until I get him impeached,” Waters promised.

    The outburst prompted Waters’ constituent to issue a promise of her own, a promise that seemed to get Waters attention in a big way. “I’m going to work every day to make sure that he isn’t impeached and that you’re impeached,” the voter told her congresswoman.

    The threat obviously rattled Waters who responded in a completely irrational manner. “You can’t impeach a member of Congress!” Waters retorted. “No, you cannot impeach a member of Congress!”

    Um. Maxine? You’re wrong. The American people can most certainly impeach, meaning remove, members of Congress, and you are the perfect candidate for impeachment. You already have one major ethic scandal in your past, and you are currently embroiled in another abuse of taxpayer dollars scheme. You consistently slander your political opponents and you encourage others to ignore the law when it suits your political purposes.
  4. 18 Dec '17 11:41 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Tell you what, let's make a deal.

    I'll support impeaching Trump if everyone here supports impeaching these people from Congress who have ethical issues as well.

    Deal?

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/12/05/six-people-who-were-elected-congress-despite-their-scandals/923090001/

    1. Rep. Scott DesJarlais, R-Tenn

    2. For ...[text shortened]... which is it?

    Say, Trump ran on emptying the swamp, and damned if he is doing just that.
    This is probably a crazy idea of mine, but by any chance did you see the Matthew Petersen video that Wolfgang posted?

    When you see that video, don't you feel you should support Trump's impeachment, regardless of what anyone else does? Don't you feel that when the president himself nominates someone THAT BAD AND UNQUALIFIED, that president then should be regarded as UNQUALIFIED for the position he is in?

    When and how are you all, republicans and democrats alike, going to stand together and FIX your country?! How much more divisive nonsense are you willing to participate in before you agree to say "enough is enough". How much further does America need to fall?
  5. 18 Dec '17 12:17
    At least this thread is aptly titled. Ironic how a thread created to show ineptitude uses this spelling >prisnor<.

    Just got to love liberals!
  6. 18 Dec '17 12:25
    Yeah, you gotta love liberals such as Whodey.

  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    18 Dec '17 13:03
    Originally posted by @whodey
    If we all agree to this, Maxine Waters will be the tough part for Dims. She is stupid and corrupt and no doubt with her dismembered head on a platter, she will still be screaming for the head of Trump as the rest of the body runs off like a chicken.

    Maxine is so stupid, she thinks she can't even be removed.

    https://constitution.com/maxine-waters-says- ...[text shortened]... ical opponents and you encourage others to ignore the law when it suits your political purposes.
    I hate to break it to you, but Waters is right and your cut and paste wrong. According to Article I, section 5: "Each House may determine the rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two thirds, expel a member."

    But this is expulsion, not impeachment, which is an entirely different procedure. For example, a House member would have to be tried by the Senate.

    So no removing a member of Congress is not the same as "impeaching" them.
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    18 Dec '17 15:33
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    At least this thread is aptly titled. Ironic how a thread created to show ineptitude uses this spelling >prisnor<.

    Just got to love liberals!
    Whodey is a conservative lol
  9. 18 Dec '17 15:49
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    I hate to break it to you, but Waters is right and your cut and paste wrong. According to Article I, section 5: "Each House may determine the rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two thirds, expel a member."

    But this is expulsion, not impeachment, which is an entirely different procedure. ...[text shortened]... ied by the Senate.

    So no removing a member of Congress is not the same as "impeaching" them.
    no one is removed because they were impeached. Impeach simple means to indict.

    Impeach/indict is just deeming a case worthy of trial.

    http://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/1/essays/11/impeachment
  10. 18 Dec '17 15:51
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    Whodey is a conservative lol
    according to you! LOL
  11. 18 Dec '17 15:51
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    This is probably a crazy idea of mine, but by any chance did you see the Matthew Petersen video that Wolfgang posted?

    When you see that video, don't you feel you should support Trump's impeachment, regardless of what anyone else does? Don't you feel that when the president himself nominates someone THAT BAD AND UNQUALIFIED, that president then sho ...[text shortened]... ipate in before you agree to say "enough is enough". How much further does America need to fall?
    It needs to be fixed without partisan witch hunts or it won't get fixed.
  12. 18 Dec '17 15:53
    Originally posted by @whodey
    It needs to be fixed without partisan witch hunts or it won't get fixed.
    So, big day for you, Whodey!

    Are you excited you've been promoted to "liberal"?
  13. 18 Dec '17 15:54
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Yeah, you gotta love liberals such as Whodey.

    To be fair, I confused him. I mentioned supporting the notion of impeaching Trump.

    I did the unthinkable, I crossed the partisan talking points line.

    Sorry, it won't happen again.
  14. 18 Dec '17 15:55
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    So, big day for you, Whodey!

    Are you excited you've been promoted to "liberal"?
    I would like to thank the academy and all the powerless women I raped along the way who took the money and settled out of court.

    Thanks everyone.
  15. 18 Dec '17 15:57
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    I hate to break it to you, but Waters is right and your cut and paste wrong. According to Article I, section 5: "Each House may determine the rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two thirds, expel a member."

    But this is expulsion, not impeachment, which is an entirely different procedure. ...[text shortened]... ied by the Senate.

    So no removing a member of Congress is not the same as "impeaching" them.
    Right, when you impeach someone like Bill Clinton, it appears that they stay in power.

    My bad.

    Well, I also hate to break it to you, Waters is corrupt and needs to be removed. How is it that she is any better than Roy Moore?