1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 19:061 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    They are paying for it, you dolt. What should they do for showers, bathing and cooking?

Residents of the impoverished City of Flint pay some of the highest water bills in Michigan. And those bills have not stopped coming or been reduced since state and local officials acknowledged the water is unsafe to drink without filtering.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/01/11/should-flint-residents-pay-lead-poisoned-water/78643368/
    That Dolt, is the problem with public supplies of anything. You like it use it, you pay. You don't like it, don't use it, you still pay.

Cooking and drinking are the same. I'd find other water for those things. I already do closer to Detroit.

Showers, bathing, car washing, etc. don't require the level of purity that water for consumption does.

People have choices to make. They ought not whine when government doesn't do its promised job properly. It is an old story.

If Flint is so impoverished, then what is the reason for staying there? I wouldn't stay in Flint overnight, and I doubt you would either. GTH out!
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 19:17
    Originally posted by normbenign
    That Dolt, is the problem with public supplies of anything. You like it use it, you pay. You don't like it, don't use it, you still pay.

Cooking and drinking are the same. I'd find other water for those things. I already do closer to Detroit.

Showers, bathing, car washing, etc. don't require the level of purity that water for consumption does. ...[text shortened]... for staying there? I wouldn't stay in Flint overnight, and I doubt you would either. GTH out!
    Yeah moron people shouldn't get water at all. The problem isn't with government per se but with the particular government of a right wing Republican governor who created the problem and then stonewalled the public for as long as he could.

The people in Flint shouldn't have to go elsewhere to pay for something when they are already paying for it. The government should either provide them what they are paying for or rebate any and all charges. Or alternatively provide replacement water at no cost.

And the Governor if he had any common decency would resign and/or commit suicide.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 19:20

Showers, bathing, car washing, etc. don't require the level of purity that water for consumption does. ...[text shortened]... for staying there? I wouldn't stay in Flint overnight, and I doubt you would either. GTH out!
    It is far less efficient for every person to take care of their own water supply.
  4. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 01:54
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Hou do realise it's a woman's body and none of your god damned business what she does with it?
    It is the babies body that is killed, not the womans.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 03:19
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Yeah moron people shouldn't get water at all. The problem isn't with government per se but with the particular government of a right wing Republican governor who created the problem and then stonewalled the public for as long as he could.

The people in Flint shouldn't have to go elsewhere to pay for something when they are already paying for it. The ...[text shortened]... t no cost.

And the Governor if he had any common decency would resign and/or commit suicide.
    Please idiot. The water system hasn't changed under Snyder. It is the same system that existed unchanged under two terms of Democrat Jennifer Granholm.

Rick Snyder is probably the most centrist Republican governor in the country, and did nothing to create the crisis in Flint. Flint city politics is one party Democratic, so blame the right people, if you must play the blame game.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 08:08
    Please idiot. The water system hasn't changed under Snyder. It is the same system that existed unchanged under two terms of Democrat Jennifer Granholm.

Rick Snyder is probably the most centrist Republican governor in the country, and did nothing to create the crisis in Flint. Flint city politics is one party Democratic, so blame the right people, if you must play the blame game.
    These are outrageous lies. Snyder put in a State overseer of the Flint local government which pressured them to change the source of their water as a cost cutting measure. The new supply was not treated with anti-corrosives like the old was and that caused damage to the pipes which led to the contaminated water.

None of that happened under the prior Governor, so stop lying; you're not fooling anyone.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 08:57
    Yeh, we all should rely on government, or society to solve all the problems, and when they don't, where do we turn?
    the government is the people. society is us. we solve our own problem.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 09:08
    That's an interesting position. Suppose I decide to be a serial killer with my body. Does that idea still apply?
    serial killer equals woman wanting to have an abortion. is that correct?

serial killer involves you killing other people. a woman having an abortion makes a decision on a part of her body.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 19:15

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 19:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 20:35
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It is far less efficient for every person to take care of their own water supply.
    Sure, but it would also be more efficient if public water was of a standard fit for bathing but not necessarily for drinking or cooking. Far more water is used in baths and showers, and the extra processing to make it supposedly potable is wasted. The relatively small amount used for drinking and cooking could easily be processed at home, or purchased.

From what I've read, the policy of public water being potable is in the long term, not going to be possible to present standards. Why wait for the next emergency?
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 20:36
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Killing is killing. Finding a reason to justify killing is human nature.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 20:40
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the government is the people. society is us. we solve our own problem.
    Sometimes our problems are creations of the government. We are individuals, not society. Society is a nebulous, non-precise term for a supposed collective, which sometimes leaves out many individuals.
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 20:42
    Disagreement on facts with either you or no1 is not lying. This is a debates forum, where it is presumed that there will be disagreements on both facts and logic. Disagreements aren't lies, except to extremists.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 23:47
    i never said otherwise. i was just tired to repeat myself in that one thread that on that particular occasion he was innocent of a particular accusation i made.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree