Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    3298
    06 Feb '16 15:38
    Thousands of children in Flint, MI have been poisoned. Many face permanent brain damage, some face death. So....where are all these "Pro Life" advocates expressing their outrage at the destruction of innocent lives.

    300 children and teens were needlessly killed in gun violence in America in 2015. So....where are all these "Pro Life" advocates expressing their outrage at the destruction of innocent lives?

    Why are all these "Pro Life" advocates only "Pro Life" when it comes to one area. Abortion?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    06 Feb '16 21:58
    Originally posted by bill718
    Thousands of children in Flint, MI have been poisoned. Many face permanent brain damage, some face death. So....where are all these "Pro Life" advocates expressing their outrage at the destruction of innocent lives.

    300 children and teens were needlessly killed in gun violence in America in 2015. So....where are all these "Pro Life" advocates expressin ...[text shortened]... ?

    Why are all these "Pro Life" advocates only "Pro Life" when it comes to one area. Abortion?
    "Why are all these "Pro Life" advocates only "Pro Life" when it comes to one area. Abortion?"
    because that's one area where the solution is making other people solve it and bear the consequences. it's not a republican in the ER giving birth to an unwanted child. it's that woman.
    and like you said, afterwards it's that woman's job to raise the child without republican help. it's that woman's job to educate the child, without republican help. guns? also that woman's job to keep the child away from them.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    06 Feb '16 22:302 edits
    Originally posted by bill718
    Thousands of children in Flint, MI have been poisoned. Many face permanent brain damage, some face death. So....where are all these "Pro Life" advocates expressing their outrage at the destruction of innocent lives.

    300 children and teens were needlessly killed in gun violence in America in 2015. So....where are all these "Pro Life" advocates expressin ...[text shortened]... ?

    Why are all these "Pro Life" advocates only "Pro Life" when it comes to one area. Abortion?
    Because must pro life people are religious. Given that gods like the biblical one claim to value life while wiping out scores of people at a time, this explains the pro life and pro gun/bomb-them-into-oblivion dichotomy.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    06 Feb '16 22:40
    Originally posted by vivify
    Because must pro life people are religious. Given that gods like the biblical one claim to value life while wiping out scores of people at a time, this explains the pro life and pro gun/bomb-them-into-oblivion dichotomy.
    This is true! Religious beliefs don't have to be, and often aren't coherent or consistent. They are based on faith, not logic.

    Islamic teachings are much the same. No proper Muslim would abort a fetus, but setting a bomb for Allah which might kill hundreds or thousands, seemingly doesn't conflict.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    07 Feb '16 02:401 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    Thousands of children in Flint, MI have been poisoned. Many face permanent brain damage, some face death. So....where are all these "Pro Life" advocates expressing their outrage at the destruction of innocent lives.

    300 children and teens were needlessly killed in gun violence in America in 2015. So....where are all these "Pro Life" advocates expressin ...[text shortened]... ?

    Why are all these "Pro Life" advocates only "Pro Life" when it comes to one area. Abortion?
    They are tragic deaths bill, just like the tragic deaths in the streets of Chicago about every day that you never mention.

    Problem is, abortion has killed over 50 million babies. Your silence on the matter is duly noted.

    Incidentally, I did start a thread about the lead in water around the country
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    767
    07 Feb '16 02:53
    Originally posted by bill718
    Thousands of children in Flint, MI have been poisoned. Many face permanent brain damage, some face death. So....where are all these "Pro Life" advocates expressing their outrage at the destruction of innocent lives.

    300 children and teens were needlessly killed in gun violence in America in 2015. So....where are all these "Pro Life" advocates expressin ...[text shortened]... ?

    Why are all these "Pro Life" advocates only "Pro Life" when it comes to one area. Abortion?
    You are right where are all the pro lifers. They say nothing of the car accidents, the million killed in Iraq, or the black on white violence in South Africa. Those hypocrites anyways. Silly Billy you got a sweetheart of a thread started here bound to be taken very seriously. LOL
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    07 Feb '16 03:27
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    You are right where are all the pro lifers. They say nothing of the car accidents, the million killed in Iraq, or the black on white violence in South Africa. Those hypocrites anyways. Silly Billy you got a sweetheart of a thread started here bound to be taken very seriously. LOL
    I often wonder if Dims purposefully poisoned the water in Flint. After all, who else would vote for them unless their cognitive abilities had been destroyed?
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56281
    07 Feb '16 08:53
    Originally posted by bill718
    Thousands of children in Flint, MI have been poisoned. Many face permanent brain damage, some face death. So....where are all these "Pro Life" advocates expressing their outrage at the destruction of innocent lives.

    300 children and teens were needlessly killed in gun violence in America in 2015. So....where are all these "Pro Life" advocates expressin ...[text shortened]... ?

    Why are all these "Pro Life" advocates only "Pro Life" when it comes to one area. Abortion?
    Pro-lifers are put on earth to irritate me.
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56281
    07 Feb '16 08:55
    Originally posted by normbenign
    This is true! Religious beliefs don't have to be, and often aren't coherent or consistent. They are based on faith, not logic.

    Islamic teachings are much the same. No proper Muslim would abort a fetus, but setting a bomb for Allah which might kill hundreds or thousands, seemingly doesn't conflict.
    God damn boy.
    Turned it into an anti-Muslin thread already!

    You failed bloody abortion.
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    767
    07 Feb '16 10:58
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Pro-lifers are put on earth to irritate me.
    Don't want to irritate the guppy poos of the world. You ought to have pastel pink and purple unicorns copulating for your avatar.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    07 Feb '16 11:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    Problem is, abortion has killed over 50 million babies. Your silence on the matter is duly noted.

    Condoms have killed trillions.
  12. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    767
    07 Feb '16 12:00
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Condoms have killed trillions.
    Trillions of what?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    07 Feb '16 20:45
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Pro-lifers are put on earth to irritate me.
    The unborn that survive an abortion crazy culture can look forward to lead poisoning.

    That is our Prog utopia.
  14. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    07 Feb '16 22:07
    Originally posted by normbenign
    This is true! Religious beliefs don't have to be, and often aren't coherent or consistent. They are based on faith, not logic.

    Islamic teachings are much the same. No proper Muslim would abort a fetus, but setting a bomb for Allah which might kill hundreds or thousands, seemingly doesn't conflict.
    These beliefs are irrational but not necessarily "religious" - you will be hard-pressed to find any Bible verse saying abortion is wrong. Christianity was the dominant religion in the early United States but the first State to outlaw it did so only in the early 1800s and it was not outlawed in the entire US until 1900. People cling to these beliefs because their social circles hold them and they swallow them unquestioningly.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    08 Feb '16 00:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    These beliefs are irrational but not necessarily "religious" - you will be hard-pressed to find any Bible verse saying abortion is wrong. Christianity was the dominant religion in the early United States but the first State to outlaw it did so only in the early 1800s and it was not outlawed in the entire US until 1900. People cling to these beliefs because their social circles hold them and they swallow them unquestioningly.
    Right, anyone that has views that differ from your own are merely holding on to beliefs of a given culture which they have not really thought out themselves.

    I just love arrogance, it humors me. 😵
Back to Top