1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 03:55
    Incoming House Democrat Whip Katherine Clark claims in a recent interview with NBC that she is politically inspired because she remembers her middle child "waking up with nightmares" about climate change, and her family going to movie theaters with the expectation and fear that a mass shooter would appear.

One's immediate reaction to these claims, if one has common sense, is to laugh. But this is no laughing matter. This fear mongering from the corporate news media is causing children to have nightmares. Propaganda is so over the top with the goal of controlling people that it is now become child abuse. Even worse, this over the top propaganda is going too far in it's coverage of mass shootings which causes more mass shootings. The corporate news media knows they cause more deaths by over coverage of mass shootings. They are guilty of child abuse and death and nobody is holding them accountable.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/house-democrat-claims-her-children-had-nightmares-about-climate-change
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 05:18
    @metal-brain said
    Incoming House Democrat Whip Katherine Clark claims in a recent interview with NBC that she is politically inspired because she remembers her middle child "waking up with nightmares" about climate change, and her family going to movie theaters with the expectation and fear that a mass shooter would appear.

One's immediate reaction to these claims, if one has common sen ...[text shortened]... //www.zerohedge.com/political/house-democrat-claims-her-children-had-nightmares-about-climate-change
    Oh really?
    Blaming the broadcasters of news about mass shootings and global warming for mass shootings and child abuse?

Shakespeare wrote it, but variants come from ancient China and the height of Greek culture: “DON’T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!”

Perhaps stop global warming. Perhaps stop mass shootings (like banning guns). Then the problem goes away.

God damn, boy, wake up.
  3. Standard memberEndLame
    👌
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 05:27
    Youth today are big whining babies.
    Not one ounce of toughness in them at all.

That's the problem with first world successful countries. They don't know how good they have it so little things upset them very easily.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 06:35
    @shavixmir said
    Oh really?
    Blaming the broadcasters of news about mass shootings and global warming for mass shootings and child abuse?

Shakespeare wrote it, but variants come from ancient China and the height of Greek culture: “DON’T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!”

Perhaps stop global warming. Perhaps stop mass shootings (like banning guns). Then the problem goes away.

God damn, boy, wake up.
    I am not making it up you moron. Do you think mass shootings are caused by a virus? It is because of the over the top news coverage. That inspires other people to do mass shootings. It is a fact.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/08/06/748767807/mass-shootings-can-be-contagious-research-shows

Are you justifying scaring children into having nightmares about global warming? I thought children were supposed to be shielded from scary stuff. Isn't that what psychologists tell parents? Is it the kid's parents fault for letting the child watch the news?

I think you support a policy of instilling fear into people. You think people have to be scared into doing the right thing even if some people die from the propaganda of fear. Right? Banning guns is unconstitutional in the USA. You have a problem with our constitution.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 06:38
    @shavixmir
    Good luck waking up THIS assshole, you know his boss is Putin, right? He hates the US and I have said a dozen times he should move to Moscow where he would be greeted as a hero and maybe even given a TV show like Maria, the gun girl.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 06:561 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @shavixmir
    Good luck waking up THIS assshole, you know his boss is Putin, right? He hates the US and I have said a dozen times he should move to Moscow where he would be greeted as a hero and maybe even given a TV show like Maria, the gun girl.
    How do you know Putin is not my uncle? That would explain how I know he is waiting for winter for a massive invasion of Ukraine because tanks don't get stuck in the mud when the ground is frozen solid. Russia is not losing to Ukraine and never was. It is a tactical withdrawal so the dimwitted Ukrainians overextend their supply lines and waste their weapons and it is working like a charm.

Zelenskyy knows all of this. Why do you think he is so desperate right now? He knows what will be coming soon. All he can do is hope for an unusually warm winter.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 07:47
    @metal-brain said
    How do you know Putin is not my uncle? That would explain how I know he is waiting for winter for a massive invasion of Ukraine because tanks don't get stuck in the mud when the ground is frozen solid. Russia is not losing to Ukraine and never was. It is a tactical withdrawal so the dimwitted Ukrainians overextend their supply lines and waste their weapons and it is worki ...[text shortened]... te right now? He knows what will be coming soon. All he can do is hope for an unusually warm winter.
    Tanks also don't get stuck in mud in dry summers....

Just saying.

So you predict a tank offensive with massive wins (getting the "Russian" provinces (Zaporishia, Cherson) "back"?
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 08:19
    @ponderable said
    Tanks also don't get stuck in mud in dry summers....

Just saying.

So you predict a tank offensive with massive wins (getting the "Russian" provinces (Zaporishia, Cherson) "back"?
    Russia has had some setbacks due to tanks getting stuck in the mud. That is one of the reasons they are waiting for winter. Didn't they start the invasion last February?

They have not even used those 300,000 conscripts yet. When they do the Ukrainian soldiers will be outnumbered. Right now they are just softening Ukraine up for invasion by bombing them into the stone age much like the USA did in Iraq before invading. That is the conventional way to invade a country. Russia was very careful not to do it that way when invading the provinces that had many ethnic Russians living there. Uncle Vlad didn't want to lose the support there that he had.

Uncle Vlad is not going to be that nice anymore. He knows he cannot win the hearts and minds of the other Ukrainians. That is why he has shifted to the conventional way. The brutal and effective way.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 08:44
    @metal-brain said
    I am not making it up you moron. Do you think mass shootings are caused by a virus? It is because of the over the top news coverage. That inspires other people to do mass shootings. It is a fact.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/08/06/748767807/mass-shootings-can-be-contagious-research-shows

Are you justifying scaring children into having nightmares ab ...[text shortened]... fear. Right? Banning guns is unconstitutional in the USA. You have a problem with our constitution.
    They are right to have nightmares about climate change they are the poor sods who are going to live through the worst of it.
    The child abusers are the man made climate change carbon industries and they’re scumbag apologists like yourself.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 08:51
    @kevcvs57 said
    They are right to have nightmares about climate change they are the poor sods who are going to live through the worst of it.
    The child abusers are the man made climate change carbon industries and they’re scumbag apologists like yourself.
    Not children. Children cannot vote. People have no right to scare children into having nightmares over a mere unproven hypothesis. Even if it was a fact nobody has the right to do that to children. They cannot do anything about it.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 09:18
    @metal-brain said
    Not children. Children cannot vote. People have no right to scare children into having nightmares over a mere unproven hypothesis. Even if it was a fact nobody has the right to do that to children. They cannot do anything about it.
    Go forth and multiply you lying little Kremlin 💩bag.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 09:45
    @kevcvs57
    Psychologists say not to let your children watch the news alone because it can be too scary. You want to scare children over an unproven hypothesis. War is scary too, but we know it is a real threat. Still, I would not let my children watch a video of Gaddafi being tortured and murdered. I wouldn't even tell a young kid that Gaddafi got stabbed up the ass with a bayonet, let alone watch it. Would you?

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/24/716704917/when-the-news-is-scary-what-to-say-to-kids

We all know there are some things children should not have to worry about. You want all children to be like Greta. Her parents brainwashed her. Her parents are horrible and you think that is normal.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 11:21
    @metal-brain said
    @kevcvs57
    Psychologists say not to let your children watch the news alone because it can be too scary. You want to scare children over an unproven hypothesis. War is scary too, but we know it is a real threat. Still, I would not let my children watch a video of Gaddafi being tortured and murdered. I wouldn't even tell a young kid that Gaddafi got stabbed up the ass with ...[text shortened]... o be like Greta. Her parents brainwashed her. Her parents are horrible and you think that is normal.
    It’s a proven ipso facto hypothesis unless you’re a halfwit or a pr type paid to propagandise on behalf of certain carbon energy based economies or private entities.
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 11:39
    @metal-brain said
    Russia has had some setbacks due to tanks getting stuck in the mud. That is one of the reasons they are waiting for winter. Didn't they start the invasion last February?

They have not even used those 300,000 conscripts yet. When they do the Ukrainian soldiers will be outnumbered. Right now they are just softening Ukraine up for invasion by bombing them into the stone ...[text shortened]... other Ukrainians. That is why he has shifted to the conventional way. The brutal and effective way.
    Russia has had some setbacks due to tanks getting stuck in the mud.

This is a blatant lie (you can always supply sources, and no youtube videos are seldom relaible source, though I would like to see those tanks). So they had to pull out of Cherson, becase their tanks have been stuck? Come on you can do certainly better than this.

Didn't they start the invasion last February?
    They did, and they got spanked befire the thaw.

They have not even used those 300,000 conscripts yet.

Another lie.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/28/russia-says-82000-conscripts-from-emergency-draft-already-in-ukraine
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 14:16
    @shavixmir said
    Oh really?

God damn, boy, wake up.
    ===Perhaps stop global warming.===

Awesome idea. Would you care to elaborate on how to do it and how to measure whether you've done it?

In all seriousness, the trauma caused by politically-motivated fearmongering (on all sides) is intense and sickening. From people still keeping their kids home for fear of a cold to people who are terrified to speak to a police officer because they assume they're going to get shot. Just go on Twitter for a while.

My favorite was the woman who moved her whole family from the UK to western Australia to get away from covid.

Fearmongering has a price; not necessarily to the fearmongers, but to their gullible victims. People who have nightmares about climate change are victims of cynical charlatans. The same is true for people who are terrified that politicians are going to rape their children because of Pizzagate conspiracy crap. No one side has a monopoly on cynical gaslighting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree