Propaganda of fear causing child abuse

Propaganda of fear causing child abuse

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
09 Dec 22

@sh76 said
===Perhaps stop global warming.===

Awesome idea. Would you care to elaborate on how to do it and how to measure whether you've done it?

In all seriousness, the trauma caused by politically-motivated fearmongering (on all sides) is intense and sickening. From people still keeping their kids home for fear of a cold to people who are terrified to speak to a police officer bec ...[text shortened]... ir children because of Pizzagate conspiracy crap. No one side has a monopoly on cynical gaslighting.
I get the point about over hyping crime rates and disease death rates but we cannot pretend that global warming is not going to lead to catastrophic results in the near to medium future in order to protect someone’s sensibilities and it wouldn’t work anyway because it’s already began. It’s precisely the young that are going to feel the worst effects of man made climate change and they need to be scared enough to force politicians to invest in ameliorating it’s effects and restoring some balance back into the climate by cutting the use of fossil fuels to a bare minimum in the medium to long term.
Children always have nightmares and whilst there is nothing they can do about the boogeyman they can confront and beat climate change

Über-Nerd

Moves
11 Dec 22

@metal-brain said
I am not making it up you moron. Do you think mass shootings are caused by a virus? It is because of the over the top news coverage. That inspires other people to do mass shootings. It is a fact.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/08/06/748767807/mass-shootings-can-be-contagious-research-shows

Are you justifying scaring children into having nightmares ab ...[text shortened]... fear. Right? Banning guns is unconstitutional in the USA. You have a problem with our constitution.
The news media don’t shoot people. People with guns do. What America needs is collective anger management therapy.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
11 Dec 22
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said
pretend that global warming is going to lead to catastrophic results
πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† πŸ˜› 😴

We've been hearing the catastrophizing for so many years now kev, you've about worn it all the way out.

πŸ™‚

MB

Moves
11 Dec 22

@moonbus said
The news media don’t shoot people. People with guns do. What America needs is collective anger management therapy.
Are you denying that the more news coverage mass shooting get the more it inspires more mass shootings? Why do you think mass shootings come in clusters?

Nobody is suggesting not reporting mass shootings. I am suggesting they could report on the British Royals instead rather than devoting half of the news coverage to a mass shooting. I detest my news being wasted with news coverage of the British Royals, but if it takes time away from inspiring mentally ill people all over the country from killing people then I welcome more about Harry and Megan.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
12 Dec 22

@sh76 said
===Perhaps stop global warming.===

Awesome idea. Would you care to elaborate on how to do it and how to measure whether you've done it?

In all seriousness, the trauma caused by politically-motivated fearmongering (on all sides) is intense and sickening. From people still keeping their kids home for fear of a cold to people who are terrified to speak to a police officer bec ...[text shortened]... ir children because of Pizzagate conspiracy crap. No one side has a monopoly on cynical gaslighting.
You do realise there’s a massive fukking difference between pizza gate and global
Bloody warming, don’t you?

One is fabricated by right-wing paranoid extremists, the other is measurable and has a sound scientific backing.

How many forest fires, droughts, storms and flooding do you need, before you realise something is going wrong?

What my plan would be?
Let it happen. I don’t care. The Dutch have invested heavily (since 1953) in the Delta work dam system. And we’re northern Europe.

England, Australia and the US not so much. They’re gonna pay a hefty toll. More laughs for me as yet another trailer park gets ripped to shreds and ever more English get to swim in their own faeces (their sewer system is 100 years out of date).

It’s not like business or governments generally care enough to do something relevant anyway. Let it happen. Roll those dice and let’s giggle as the poop hits the fan, the East coast of the US floods, Australia and the West coast of the US burn and the food supply slowly chokes.

Über-Nerd

Moves
12 Dec 22
2 edits

@metal-brain said
Are you denying that the more news coverage mass shooting get the more it inspires more mass shootings? Why do you think mass shootings come in clusters?

Nobody is suggesting not reporting mass shootings. I am suggesting they could report on the British Royals instead rather than devoting half of the news coverage to a mass shooting. I detest my news being wasted with ...[text shortened]... tally ill people all over the country from killing people then I welcome more about Harry and Megan.
You’re not Alex in Clockwork Orange; No one is forced to watch news programs featuring violence and mass shootings. You can watch Mr. Roberts or Sesame Street instead.

News reporting no more causes violence than do violent tv shows and Netflix series (think Squid Games) or violent video games (shooting as many zombies as possible in endless fluorescent corridors). What is true is that there is a culture of violence in America and a glorification of guns. Suppressing the symptoms (news reporting, tv shows, Netflix series, video games) isn't going to reduce the anger and the availability of guns and therefore isn't going to reduce the violence. In order to lower the level of violence, there has to be a sea change in Americans' attitude to resolving conflicts. The Wild West days are past; time to find better role models than John Wayne.

I think not alot

On my arse

Moves
12 Dec 22

@metal-brain said
Not children. Children cannot vote. People have no right to scare children into having nightmares over a mere unproven hypothesis. Even if it was a fact nobody has the right to do that to children. They cannot do anything about it.
Not all children will have nightmares. I beleive some will gain insight. If some don't then we killed em.

MB

Moves
12 Dec 22

@moonbus said
You’re not Alex in Clockwork Orange; No one is forced to watch news programs featuring violence and mass shootings. You can watch Mr. Roberts or Sesame Street instead.

News reporting no more causes violence than do violent tv shows and Netflix series (think Squid Games) or violent video games (shooting as many zombies as possible in endless fluorescent corridors). What is ...[text shortened]... o resolving conflicts. The Wild West days are past; time to find better role models than John Wayne.
How do you suppose children got so scared? Maybe they didn't watch the news at all. Maybe it was the parents who scared the crap out of the child. Maybe they should take their children to an ocean front home in Florida to show them the house isn't being swallowed up by the ocean.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/end-climate-lunacy-stop-treating-warming-c02-hysterically

This culture of lying to people to get then to do the right thing is toxic to children.
Climate alarmism is the new reefer madness. Lie to people so they are scared enough.