Propaganda or not propaganda?

Propaganda or not propaganda?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
13 Mar 22

State Department official Victoria Nuland admitted that the US government is funding biological laboratories in Ukraine, confirming what Washington has long dismissed as “Russian propaganda.”

https://www.mintpressnews.com/us-admits-funding-biological-laboratories-ukraine-dilyana-gaytandzhieva/279904/

That wasn't really propaganda, so allegation of propaganda are not always propaganda. That is why I created this thread.

Some people claimed Putin bombed a hospital, Putin claimed the maternity and children’s hospital in southern Ukraine was a bioweapon storage facility that held weaponized smallpox and other lethal pathogens. Putin insisted Zelenskyy knew of the toxins and said he’d given the Ukrainian president a stern admonition in advance of the strike: Evacuate your people, but don’t touch the weapons, because we’ll be watching.

https://trusttheq.com/putin-bombed-hospital-was-really-bioweapon-storage-facility/

Hospital or bioweapons lab?

What about Obama?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-34471182

Was it an honest mistake?

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
13 Mar 22
1 edit

@metal-brain said
State Department official Victoria Nuland admitted that the US government is funding biological laboratories in Ukraine, confirming what Washington has long dismissed as “Russian propaganda.”

https://www.mintpressnews.com/us-admits-funding-biological-laboratories-ukraine-dilyana-gaytandzhieva/279904/

That wasn't really propaganda, so allegation of propaganda are not ...[text shortened]... at about Obama?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-34471182

Was it an honest mistake?
Why didn’t I hear about the US funding bio weapons in the Ukraine from any regular channel. I mean, that’s quite bloody news worthy. And all news I’ve read claims the US says there was no bio-weapon labs in Ukraine (although how they could know this for certain doesn’t seem to be asked at all).

And this is the first time I’ve heard about Russia bombing that hospital because it was a weapons facility. And it’s the first time I’ve heard about this warning by Putin.

My third point would be: who the hell builds bio-weapon labs under hospitals with children’s wards?
Very James Bondy and all that, but hardly something within the grasp of reality.

Of course, I could probably research it, but it seems so far-fetched, it’s not worth the effort.

It’s probably a mistake. And if it was deliberate it’s to strike fear into the enemy and disrupt their treating the ill. Which is a crime against humanity.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
13 Mar 22
1 edit

@shavixmir said
Why didn’t I hear about the US funding bio weapons in the Ukraine from any regular channel. I mean, that’s quite bloody news worthy. And all news I’ve read claims the US says there was no bio-weapon labs in Ukraine (although how they could know this for certain doesn’t seem to be asked at all).

And this is the first time I’ve heard about Russia bombing that hospital beca ...[text shortened]... to strike fear into the enemy and disrupt their treating the ill. Which is a crime against humanity.
The improbability of the US funding bio weapons in Ukraine or anywhere else pales into the plausible when placed alongside the claim that Victoria Nuland has admitted that the US is funding said research.
MB is a Kremlin troll it’s his job to push the propaganda being pumped out of Putin’s lower bowel.

MB

Moves
13 Mar 22

@kevcvs57 said
The improbability of the US funding bio weapons in Ukraine or anywhere else pales into the plausible when placed alongside the claim that Victoria Nuland has admitted that the US is funding said research.
MB is a Kremlin troll it’s his job to push the propaganda being pumped out of Putin’s lower bowel.
You moron. The US denied any such biolabs were in Ukraine and it was a lie. They called it a conspiracy theory and now Nuland admitted not only that they exist, but the USA is funding them.

You believed Jen Psaki's lies.

MB

Moves
15 Mar 22

Come on Jimmi. Saying something is propaganda doesn't necessarily mean it is propaganda. You have to prove information is false. What false information is Tucker Carlson spreading? Can you prove it?

MB

Moves
15 Mar 22

Facebook is allowing hate speech against Russians. Propaganda or not propaganda?

https://rumble.com/vx2qc3-facebook-makes-special-rule-saying-calls-for-violence-against-russians-are-.html

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Mar 22

@kevcvs57 said
Nuland did not admit the US is funding research into biological weapons in the Ukraine.

She said that the US was advising Ukraine on how to safely get rid of potentiallu dangerous pathogens in biological research facilities, in case the Russians would want to misuse the pathogens.

The Ukraine, of course, has biological research facilities. Most countries do. They’re not about making weapons, they’re about identifying diseases and helping to prevent the spread of them.

Nuland’s comments can be interpretted i different ways. Why would Russia need Ukraine’s facilities to do evil? I mean, they’ve got their own research facilities.

So, the way she said it does it make sound a little dubious. But she did not admit to funding bio-weapon research.

MB

Moves
15 Mar 22

@shavixmir said
Nuland did not admit the US is funding research into biological weapons in the Ukraine.

She said that the US was advising Ukraine on how to safely get rid of potentiallu dangerous pathogens in biological research facilities, in case the Russians would want to misuse the pathogens.

The Ukraine, of course, has biological research facilities. Most countries do. They’re n ...[text shortened]... e said it does it make sound a little dubious. But she did not admit to funding bio-weapon research.
" They’re not about making weapons, they’re about identifying diseases and helping to prevent the spread of them."

But they are potentially dangerous and can be misused. Sounds like that is what any bioweapons lab would say. We are just identifying diseases and helping to prevent the spread of them. The fact we have genetically engineered henipah virus is besides the point. LOL!

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
15 Mar 22

@metal-brain said
Facebook is allowing hate speech against Russians. Propaganda or not propaganda?

https://rumble.com/vx2qc3-facebook-makes-special-rule-saying-calls-for-violence-against-russians-are-.html
Facebook is allowing hate speech against Russians.

For over a half century you folks on the right wing played the "big bad commies /evil empire" card in the USSR at every turn, but when Donnie Trump started suckling Putin's boob in 2016 you folks did a 180 on that issue faster than you can say "Mexico will pay for that border wall" 🙄

MB

Moves
15 Mar 22

@mchill said
Facebook is allowing hate speech against Russians.

For over a half century you folks on the right wing played the "big bad commies /evil empire" card in the USSR at every turn, but when Donnie Trump started suckling Putin's boob in 2016 you folks did a 180 on that issue faster than you can say "Mexico will pay for that border wall" 🙄
Hate speech is good now?
Isn't that pro war propaganda?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
15 Mar 22
1 edit

@metal-brain said
Hate speech is good now?
Isn't that pro war propaganda?
Hate speech is good now?

My, you are a delicate little thing, aren't you? Countries and politicians engage in hate speech on a regular basis. The US did it to the USSR for decades and the right wing was all for it. The GOP did it to Hillary for years and you were all for it; but when hate speech doesn't go in the direction you want you start sniveling. 😢

MB

Moves
15 Mar 22

@mchill said
Hate speech is good now?

My, you are a delicate little thing, aren't you? Countries and politicians engage in hate speech on a regular basis. The US did it to the USSR for decades and the right wing was all for it. The GOP did it to Hillary for years and you were all for it; but let it go the other way a few times and you start sniveling. 😢
So pro war propaganda has always happened and we should tolerate it because hate is good and war is good. Got it.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Mar 22

@metal-brain said
" They’re not about making weapons, they’re about identifying diseases and helping to prevent the spread of them."

But they are potentially dangerous and can be misused. Sounds like that is what any bioweapons lab would say. We are just identifying diseases and helping to prevent the spread of them. The fact we have genetically engineered henipah virus is besides the point. LOL!
Uh… yeah, obviously every bio-lab would say that. Because that is what it is.

Who the hell do you think is busy researching virusses, bactaria, etc. to find better ways of prevention and treatment?

Bio-labs. Yup.
And the vast majority of them do zero research into weaponising them. Why?
Because there’s a far greater demand for prevention than spreading.

Now why would that be?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
15 Mar 22

@metal-brain said
So pro war propaganda has always happened and we should tolerate it because hate is good and war is good. Got it.
No - Pro war propaganda has always happened, and it's not going to end, I'm sorry if you have a problem dealing with it. Actions speak louder than words.

- Got it now?

MB

Moves
15 Mar 22

@mchill said
No - Pro war propaganda has always happened, and it's not going to end, I'm sorry if you have a problem dealing with it. Actions speak louder than words.

- Got it now?
So Russian propaganda is good too, right? Propaganda is how you get people to take action. Words lead to action. Get it now?

https://rumble.com/vx883b-facebook-oks-violent-speech-but-only-against-russians.html