1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:08
    I asked...If you have to choose between Limbaugh, simply a patriot, and Kamala, an adulteress, which would most likely be given a place to lay in state at the Capitol? Never got an answer.
    I asked, it 2 guys graduate high school together, one has been cutting the same grass at the local country club every day for 35 years, the other is well-retired and skiing in Vail, is this a tenable situation, given the many comments in the forum about social justice and equality? No one ever answered this one, either.
    Another poster said that the money of the rich should be 'shoveled' to the disadvantaged, I asked simply for a definition of disadvantaged, so we could discuss, but not a peep out of that poster. So not only non-answers, but not even a follow-up to my response? Boy, that was a tough one. All my typing, to a dependent lib, for Nothing!!!! Downer.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:161 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:24
    @averagejoe1 said
    I asked, it 2 guys graduate high school together, one has been cutting the same grass at the local country club every day for 35 years, the other is well-retired and skiing in Vail, is this a tenable situation, given the many comments in the forum about social justice and equality? No one ever answered this one, either.
    Are the two guys identical? Do they have the same character, abilities, talents, the same work ethic?

Equality of opportunity doesn't mean everyone should have equal lives, irrespective of the above.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:27
    @averagejoe1 said
    I asked...If you have to choose between Limbaugh, simply a patriot, and Kamala, an adulteress, which would most likely be given a place to lay in state at the Capitol? Never got an answer.
    I asked, it 2 guys graduate high school together, one has been cutting the same grass at the local country club every day for 35 years, the other is well-retired and skiing in Vail, ...[text shortened]... response? Boy, that was a tough one. All my typing, to a dependent lib, for Nothing!!!! Downer.
    Sit down for a while. You're getting dizzy.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:28
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Ssehcud, you would be the last person I would think to be a first responder! And you STILL dont answer! YOUR question! What s panel of posters!
  6. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:29
    @averagejoe1 said
    I asked, it 2 guys graduate high school together, one has been cutting the same grass at the local country club every day for 35 years, the other is well-retired and skiing in Vail, ...[text shortened]... response? Boy, that was a tough one. All my typing, to a dependent lib, for Nothing!!!! Downer.
    I don't view Limbaugh as a patriot
    he spread hate, division and fear
    not what America stands for
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:32
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Are the two guys identical? Do they have the same character, abilities, talents, the same work ethic?

Equality of opportunity doesn't mean everyone should have equal lives, irrespective of the above.
    They are from the same background, that is all. I guess one took a left going out of his driveway, and the other took a right. I had two secretaries many years ago, each got a $3000 Christmas bonus. One took a cruise that spring, the other started a law school education. The first one is still a secretary I guess, and the other is a lawyer. Does that sound equitable?
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:33
    @mghrn55 said
    Sit down for a while. You're getting dizzy.
    Rats, i lost another one. Strewn along the road behind me........
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:351 edit
    @lemondrop said
    I don't view Limbaugh as a patriot
    he spread hate, division and fear
    not what America stands for
    And another one. You of course have figured out this thread is not about the questions, it is about the total inability of a liberal to answer simple questions.
    Sunhouse may weigh in, but I think he’s busy setting up all of his monitors getting ready for the Trump trials
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:42
    @averagejoe1 said
    They are from the same background, that is all. I guess one took a left going out of his driveway, and the other took a right. I had two secretaries many years ago, each got a $3000 Christmas bonus. One took a cruise that spring, the other started a law school education. The first one is still a secretary I guess, and the other is a lawyer. Does that sound equitable?
    Background alone isn't enough. People are complex entities that make independent choices that impact on where they end up in life. We get what we put in.

Inequality is where people don't get the same opportunity to make those decisions.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 19:57
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Background alone isn't enough. People are complex entities that make independent choices that impact on where they end up in life. We get what we put in.

Inequality is where people don't get the same opportunity to make those decisions.
    But this is the Land of Opportunity. I’m sure i read that somewhere, hopefully you agree?
    I dont know what do you mean by “get the same opportunity? “ It implies that everyone should get the same opportunity? How would it be possible for everyone to get the same opportunity? I’m afraid your responses too general. What if they did get the same opportunity, and one flittered it away, using it in the wrong way, acting too slowly while a harder worker moved in and grabbed it. Too much to speculate about, so you simply must go back to two people having chances in the land of opportunity going for it, or not going for it.
    Remember above all, that some people work harder than others. I think the one that works the harter needs to get, and keep, more than the guy that did not.
    This concept has been the hardest one for Suzianne to get her head around. Im here for Suzianne!
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 20:071 edit
    @AverageJoe1
    To follow your logic, they could’ve gone to work on the same assembly line out of high school. One works a lot harder than the other and gets promoted, and becomes the superintendent of the other one who is still on the assembly line. They both had the same opportunity.
    Kamala would find this untenable, she said that the equality means that at the end of the day, everyone should end up in the same place. Im just the messenger.
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 20:14
    @averagejoe1 said
    But this is the Land of Opportunity. I’m sure i read that somewhere, hopefully you agree?
    I dont know what do you mean by “get the same opportunity? “ It implies that everyone should get the same opportunity? How would it be possible for everyone to get the same opportunity? I’m afraid your responses too general. What if they did get the same opportunity, and one ...[text shortened]... This concept has been the hardest one for Suzianne to get her head around. Im here for Suzianne!
    The same opportunity to fulfill our individual potential, based on ability.

And I think we live in different lands.
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 20:31
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The same opportunity to fulfill our individual potential, based on ability.

And I think we live in different lands.
    I have mo idea what you are saying here. If you do not consider UK to be a ‘ land of opportunity‘ as is the US, then you are correct,,,,diff lands. I aint goin off on that tangent. Apples to oranges. My 2 high school grads???? Apples. Both.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree