1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 18:05
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I am also an American.

Also, can you explain why my country of birth is relevant?
    We don't trust Her Majesty's minions. You're probably the one killing everybody in Chicago 😠
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 18:59
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    We don't trust Her Majesty's minions. You're probably the one killing everybody in Chicago 😠
    You got me!

Now I'm going to have to kill everyone who reads this. :'(
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 01:22
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Yeah, Republican Gov. Perry and the Texas Republican leadership regularly rely on prayer and Biblical stories to decide policy in areas of science, healthcare, personal freedoms, deciding about women, and governing decisions generally. The good old Republican Party. (They didn't listen to Jindal.)
    I don't have to believe Rick Perry or you. And you are free to believe as you will. Freedom is wonderful.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 01:27
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Well, I look forward to it having what it deserves - no authority.
    It has no legal authority.
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 07:50
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I don't have to believe Rick Perry or you. And you are free to believe as you will. Freedom is wonderful.
    Freedom to decide to vote Republican (in which the leadership is dominated by religious fundamentalists such as in Iran) or to not vote Republican.
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 12:15
    It has no legal authority.
    I didn't say it did.

It should be referenced as a reason to vote in a bill as often as Moby Dick is.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 02:38
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Freedom to decide to vote Republican (in which the leadership is dominated by religious fundamentalists such as in Iran) or to not vote Republican.
    Religious fundamentalists are no more evil than secularists and actually have their right to practice religion enshrined in the 1st amendment.
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 04:53
    Religious fundamentalists are no more evil than secularists and actually have their right to practice religion enshrined in the 1st amendment.
    I don't have a problem with people practicing their religion. It's when they want to use the government to force their views on others that I have a problem.
  9. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 04:58
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I don't have a problem with people practicing their religion. It's when they want to use the government to force their views on others that I have a problem.
    But it's ok when liberals want to use the government to force their views on other people, right?
  10. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 06:361 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    But it's ok when liberals want to use the government to force their views on other people, right?
    I think as long as any side has the right to challenge and modify every view on its own merits before it becomes law, then it doesnt matter which 'side' that view emmanates from. The problem with factionalism, is that it does lead to a love me, love my dog reality...
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:04
    I could not agree with you more, but it applies equally to religious and to secular views.
  12. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:33
    Anyone with a brain can clearly see I was specifically referring to religious views.
  13. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:34
    I could not agree with you more, but it applies equally to religious and to secular views.
    In what way is anyone trying to use the government to force their secular views on others?
  14. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:38
    Anyone with a brain can clearly see I was specifically referring to religious views.
    You didn't answer my question. Actually, your answer contained a lot of weirdness. Specifically, you guys think it's ok to use the federal government - in fact, the unelected judiciary - to overturn the will of a majority. Don't you?
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:43
    You didn't answer my question. Actually, your answer contained a lot of weirdness. Specifically, you guys think it's ok to use the federal government - in fact, the unelected judiciary - to overturn the will of a majority. Don't you?
    Too general of a question. In some cases, yes. At one time slavery was supported by the majority in some states, but I would still have supported the courts outlawing it.

It's not weird to oppose religious views being forced upon others through the government.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree