1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '16 10:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    Did I say I wanted the Christian religion in politics? No, what I said was, those of faith should be allowed to participate in politics, That is a big difference.

I never said that religion should be taught in the science room. Science is the study of the material universe, not the immaterial universe. That does not mean that they should not have a sep ...[text shortened]... igion. But to say that morality is independent of religion is just bizarre. How do you figure?
    " But to say that morality is independent of religion is just bizarre. How do you figure?"
    because atheists and agnostics can be moral.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jul '16 10:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    I haven't seen the DNC plateform but I can only imagine what it is.

Let me guess:

1. Oppose all religion that teaches morality. Keep schools devoid of any moral teachings whatsoever.
    2. Teach children that in an increasingly immoral society, it is then imparitive to take away all fire arms. It is also important to destroy a free economy since the e ...[text shortened]... e to take them.

Now it may not be word for word, but my guess that is a pretty good synopsis.
    Why don't you actually go read it before assuming what it says?

The link is right there on the same page as your post.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Jul '16 12:34
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    I am convinced! how could i not be, with such a well constructed argument.

In one phrase you managed to offer compelling reasons as to why fox news and cnn, despite all the shortcomings i so foolishly bothered to mention are better than a network you loathe, though without offering motive as to why.

Who needs actual arguments though when the great sh has spoken?
    Sorry, my bad. I didn't think that, even coming from you "The ones that hired Trump's gorilla as a correspondent, paying a man legally forbidden from speaking ill of trump a butload of money?" (and the like) was meant as a serious argument. Sorry I overestimated. Won't happen again.

Thanks for calling me "great," though, it means a lot. With my wife, I can seemingly never get past "very good."

CNN is generally a good network. People like Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper are steady and reliable, if not spectacular. MSNBC and Fox are both partisan shill factories, but at least they both have competent news and reporting teams.

Calling TYT a "network" is a gross exaggeration. A few left wing radicals with poor comprehension and analysis skills shooting the breeze in one of their mother's basements would be a more accurate description.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '16 12:49
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    " But to say that morality is independent of religion is just bizarre. How do you figure?"
    because atheists and agnostics can be moral.
    But that does not mean that morality is independent of religion or vice versa.

As you point out, everyone has a morality. The question becomes, based upon what?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '16 14:37
    Originally posted by sh76
    Sorry, my bad. I didn't think that, even coming from you "The ones that hired Drumpf's gorilla as a correspondent, paying a man legally forbidden from speaking ill of trump a butload of money?" (and the like) was meant as a serious argument. Sorry I overestimated. Won't happen again.

Thanks for calling me "great," though, it means a lot. With my wife, I can ...[text shortened]... lls shooting the breeze in one of their mother's basements would be a more accurate description.
    "A few left wing radicals with poor comprehension and analysis skills shooting the breeze in one of their mother's basements would be a more accurate description."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_Turks
    The Independent described it as "the most-watched online news show in the world."[7] Writing for US News, Paul Bedard described TYT as "the loudly liberal counter to the right-leaning presets on my Sirius Satellite Radio."

The Young Turks has won and been nominated for numerous awards. It won in the Political category at the Podcast Awards in 2009.[23] It won in the Best Political News Site category at the Mashable Open Web Awards in 2009.[24] It was nominated in the Best News or Political Web Series and Audience Choice Award for Best Web Series categories at the Streamy Awards in 2010.[25] It won in the News category at the Shorty Awards in 2011.[26] It won in the News and Political Series category at the Webby Awards in 2011.[27] It won in the Best Video Podcast category at the Podcast Awards in 2012.[28] It was nominated in the Best News and Culture Series and Audience Choice Award for Series of the Year categories at the Streamy Awards in 2013.[29] It won in the News and Culture category at the Streamy Awards in 2015

Their YouTube channel averaged 750,000 views a day in April 2012, and by November 2014 over 1,400,000 views a day.[21]

yeh, a few left wing "radicals"

""The ones that hired Drumpf's gorilla as a correspondent, paying a man legally forbidden from speaking ill of trump a butload of money?""
    presenting a goon that abuses female journalists and is forbidden to say anything negative about a presidential candidate as a valid political comentator is good journalism? are you an idiot?
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 01:58
    Originally posted by sh76
    TYT quoted from the Times correctly, but then went off on a minute-long harangue about how the Republicans want a Theocracy and should move to Iran, all of which was utter, vapid nonsense and completely unsupported by the language they quoted.

=== It's revealing that you chose to focus on the least offensive aspect in the entire piece. ===

Sorry; I'm n ...[text shortened]... less talented and popular, they're comparable to Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter on the other side.
    As is the case with Limbaugh and Colter, nobody is force to listen never mind believe. Isn't it great to be able to read (listen to) even the extremes of debate, and make our own decisions without Zalanzi's help.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '16 02:02
    Originally posted by normbenign
    As is the case with Limbaugh and Colter, nobody is force to listen never mind believe. Isn't it great to be able to read (listen to) even the extremes of debate, and make our own decisions without Zalanzi's help.
    do you have anything to contribute on the insane republican platform or you're just spouting nonsense again?
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '16 09:16

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree