1. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 06:07
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The people acted in their own self-interest by creating Social Security. Every society has rules; contributing to SS is one of the rules here. Since it certainly deprives no one of any Natural Right to be taxed on the bounty that they gain from being part of society in order to fund programs that better protect themselves and other members of said societ ...[text shortened]... e older, the question of whether to have an SS program is legitimately decided by majority vote.
    A burglar breaking into your house might think he's acting in his own self-interest too no1, but is he?

Or is he damaging himself as you do by denying reality, by trying to put something out of his mind, by being dishonest with the one person it is mose imperative to be honest with i.e. yourself.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 19:22
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    A burglar breaking into your house might think he's acting in his own self-interest too no1, but is he?

Or is he damaging himself as you do by denying reality, by trying to put something out of his mind, by being dishonest with the one person it is mose imperative to be honest with i.e. yourself.
    The "taxation is theft" canard isn't worth responding to anymore.
  3. Joined
    01 Sep '10
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 19:55
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Nah, I'm 41. Under my plan, I'd reach SS age at about 69, you'd still retire at 65 or 67.

Surely you'd agree that someone who is 69 in 2035 would be in much better shape than someone who was 65 in 1935.
    Of course.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree