1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 16:20
    With the consent of the legendary FMF, I hereby proudly present the RHP Debates Flaming Tomato Awards 2011 thread.

Conceive an award. Award it. Acceptence speeches. Declination speeches. If it degenerates, so be it.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 16:24
    The Atlas Shrugged award for consistent full throated defense of free market capitalism even in the face of relentless criticism from No1marauder goes to normbenign. Ayn would be proud, even if Uncle Milty and Bill Kristol would perhaps want to reign in a bit of the excess.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 16:28
    The Gerry Adams award for a slow but steady decrease in fiery rhetoric and merciless mockery goes to no1marauder. Though he may consider Gerry Adams am imperialist tool and a sellout, he perhaps has more in common with the IRA leader than either would care to admit.
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 16:29
    Originally posted by sh76
    The [b]Atlas Shrugged award for consistent full throated defense of free market capitalism even in the face of relentless criticism from No1marauder goes to normbenign. Ayn would be proud, even if Uncle Milty and Bill Kristol would perhaps want to reign in a bit of the excess.[/b]
    The Still Rampant (when dusted) Phallus award goes to sh76 for bringing a new life into the world.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 17:211 edit
    The SuperFreakonomics award goes to sh76
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 17:441 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    The [b]I'm a Super Freak award goes to sh76[/b]
    Gee, thanks.

Care to elaborate?

Edit: Oh, I get it. As in Freakonomics.

That I like Freakonomics makes me a "Freak."

Oh, okay.

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 18:03
    I hereby present the Internationalist Stalwart award to shavixmir, for consistently venting his frustrations with the abundance of exclusively American threads in the forum, while simultaneously being a forceful and fearless European voice in discussions. His contributions to the diversity and general dynamics of the forum are duly noted.
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 18:211 edit
    Gee, thanks.

Care to elaborate?

Edit: Oh, I get it. As in [b]Freak
    onomics.

That I like Freakonomics makes me a "Freak."

Oh, okay.

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.[/b]
    I touched it up a little for you to make it sound a wee bit more acceptable. Happy?🙂
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 18:21
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I touched it up a little for you to make it sound wee bit more acceptable. Happy?🙂
    Tears of joy are springing to my eyes.
  10. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 20:27
    The Manna From Heaven award goes to KazetNagorra for his academic work on the astonishing theory that everything can be provided for everyone without anyone working (unless the want to).
  11. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 20:33
    And the Noble Savage award goes to no1marauder for successfully grounding the vast majority of his debating positions firmly on the rights found (naturally) among paleolithic hunter-gatherer groups.
  12. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 20:42
    We are also happen to announce the Twitteroid award to FMF for keeping most of his posts to less than 140 characters.

(NB. The awards committee claims no accurate notion of where FMF is when he posts...)
  13. Germany
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 22:09
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    The [b]Manna From Heaven award goes to KazetNagorra for his academic work on the astonishing theory that everything can be provided for everyone without anyone working (unless the want to).[/b]
    And the Kim Jong-Il misrepresentation award goes to spruce!
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 15:28
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    I hereby present the [b]Internationalist Stalwart award to shavixmir, for consistently venting his frustrations with the abundance of exclusively American threads in the forum, while simultaneously being a forceful and fearless European voice in discussions. His contributions to the diversity and general dynamics of the forum are duly noted.[/b]
    Thank you. Thank you.

Really. I... I... I'm speachless.
    There's a list of people I need to thank, without which this wouldn't have been able to happen.
    However, I wrapped the list in the Stars and Stripes, set it alight in front of the US embassy whilst dressed in a dildo costume and head towel; shouting: "YOU ARE WHAT YOU SEE! YOU ARE WHAT YOU SEE!"
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 15:57
    The [b]Gerry Adams award for a slow but steady decrease in fiery rhetoric and merciless mockery goes to no1marauder. Though he may consider Gerry Adams am imperialist tool and a sellout, he perhaps has more in common with the IRA leader than either would care to admit.[/b]
    X number of Forum bans played their part; you can't fight the Man on RHP no matter how silly or arbitrary the rulings are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree