1. Germany
    Moves
    26 Aug '14 18:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    We all have to use our minds and bodies to survive. Medical treatment is just an extension of this.

Some may think that trusting completely on prayer is preferable to medical treatment. Some may think that they have a superior treatment. Some may simply not want the adverse side effects to the treatment, which probably won't help much in the long run.

Again, taking life is a far cry from thinking you have the fix they need to live.
    Why is it not "playing God"?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '14 18:25
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Why is it not "playing God"?
    I'm not deciding who lives and dies. I merely offer a hand to those in need IF they want my help.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    26 Aug '14 18:26
    I'm not deciding who lives and dies. I merely offer a hand to those in need IF they want my help.
    Why aren't you answering the question?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 Aug '14 18:301 edit
    I don't ignore them.

Killing someone who has murdered is a punishment for their crime. Would you kill someone in order to save you or a loved one?

What about after the fact? Would you prefer to kill a murderer who just killed a loved one, or let them rot in jail for the rest of their lives, or just let them go?

As for removing medical treatment, I see nothing wrong with that. What I do have a problem with are people who actively kill.
    You ARE ignoring the fact that you play god when you kill a murderer. Whether or not capital punishment is good or not is not the issue. The fact is that you use "playing god" as an argument against euthanasia but then ignore that very same argument when it concerns something that you are in favour of.

This either makes you a hypocrite or it makes your "playing god" argument null and void.

I'd say it's both.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 00:50
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    You ARE ignoring the fact that you play god when you kill a murderer. Whether or not capital punishment is good or not is not the issue. The fact is that you use "playing god" as an argument against euthanasia but then ignore that very same argument when it concerns something that you are in favour of.

This either makes you a hypocrite or it makes your "playing god" argument null and void.

I'd say it's both.
    I am indifferent when it comes to killing murderers. I tend to think that keeping them locked up for the rest of their life is inhumane, but that's all well and good if they do keep them locked up. My only issue is letting them out of jail to kill again, or do you think it's a good idea to let them out and play God themselves?
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 06:55
    I am indifferent when it comes to killing murderers. I tend to think that keeping them locked up for the rest of their life is inhumane, but that's all well and good if they do keep them locked up. My only issue is letting them out of jail to kill again, or do you think it's a good idea to let them out and play God themselves?
    I’m not discussing what should be done with criminals here. Start a new thread about it if you wish.

You use “playing god” over and over again as if that’s a bad thing, but when it concerns something that you are in favor of you have no problem with playing god.

Do you agree with this?

Do you agree with humans “playing god” many times?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree