Russia winning Ukraine war

Russia winning Ukraine war

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
355d

Wagner Declares Full Capture Of Bakhmut After 224 Days Of Fighting

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/wagner-declares-full-capture-bakhmut-after-224-days-fighting

Australia

Moves
355d

Here's the AP version of the story:
https://apnews.com/article/bakhmut-russia-ukraine-wagner-prigozhin-da2fc05b818b3dcc39decd40b17d2d8b

Given Prighozhin's recent over-the-top statements about many things, I suspect he may be grandstanding again. We'll see.

Über-Nerd

Moves
355d

The flies have captured the fly paper.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
355d

Long way to go before anyone can claim victory. I dare say, though, the West will not let Russia occupy Ukraine.
There are just too many well-militarized nations that are helping out.
If the West/NATO decides to bomb Moscow, guess who is going in...

Lake Como

Moves
355d

@earl-of-trumps said
Long way to go before anyone can claim victory. I dare say, though, the West will not let Russia occupy Ukraine.
There are just too many well-militarized nations that are helping out.
If the West/NATO decides to bomb Moscow, guess who is going in...
Putin will never end it. If he did, his country would look down on him, (I think maybe 70%? approve of war),, and frankly, do him in. He does not even consider ever showing weakness.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
355d

@averagejoe1 said
Putin will never end it. If he did, his country would look down on him, (I think maybe 70%? approve of war),, and frankly, do him in. He does not even consider ever showing weakness.
The longer the war goes on and the more military debacles Putin’s armed forces produce the more vulnerable Putin is at home.
I think 70% is a bit optimistic ands it’s only going down.

Lake Como

Moves
355d

@kevcvs57 said
The longer the war goes on and the more military debacles Putin’s armed forces produce the more vulnerable Putin is at home.
I think 70% is a bit optimistic ands it’s only going down.
https://www.statista.com/chart/28436/support-for-war-in-ukraine-russians/

I didn't read this article, too busy, but it says i think 75% support the war. It could be a news outlet that Suzianne does not trust, though.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
355d

@averagejoe1 said
https://www.statista.com/chart/28436/support-for-war-in-ukraine-russians/

I didn't read this article, too busy, but it says i think 75% support the war. It could be a news outlet that Suzianne does not trust, though.
Then it’s definitely lying Joe that’s sounds a bit like the 97% of Ukrainians saying yes to annexation by Russia 🙄xxxx

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
355d
1 edit

@metal-brain said
Wagner Declares Full Capture Of Bakhmut After 224 Days Of Fighting

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/wagner-declares-full-capture-bakhmut-after-224-days-fighting
"Russia winning Ukraine war" is the wrong caption for this news.

Bakhmut (Artemovsk) is one town. Russia almost fully captured it after 9 months of heavy battles. 99% is captured.

The frontline in the Ukraine war is about 1000 km.

Über-Nerd

Moves
354d

@eintaluj said
"Russia winning Ukraine war" is the wrong caption for this news.

Bakhmut (Artemovsk) is one town. Russia almost fully captured it after 9 months of heavy battles. 99% is captured.

The frontline in the Ukraine war is about 1000 km.
The Russians have taken very heavy loses and devastated the city. They've captured a ruin. A pyrrhic victory at best.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
354d

@moonbus said
The Russians have taken very heavy loses and devastated the city. They've captured a ruin. A pyrrhic victory at best.
Both sides have lost tens of thousands of lives in Bakhmut battles.
The city is completely ruined.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
354d
1 edit

@moonbus said
They're sending soldiers who they don't like and are hoping will be killed and their strategy is to create a scorched Earth zone between Moscow and the West that nobody can live in. Kinda like how when you build a fortress you clear cut the trees around the walls for security reasons, or how the Soviets burned everything as they retreated from the Nazis.

So perhaps not so Pyrrhic of a victory.

Über-Nerd

Moves
354d

@athousandyoung said
They're sending soldiers who they don't like and are hoping will be killed and their strategy is to create a scorched Earth zone between Moscow and the West that nobody can live in. Kinda like how when you build a fortress you clear cut the trees around the walls for security reasons, or how the Soviets burned everything as they retreated from the Nazis.

So this is how Russia ‘protects’ what it claims to be its own territory forever, and any Russian who says “er, hang on, is this ok?” gets sent to a gulag. Estonians are right to be warning Europe that if Putin gets away with annexing Ukraine, he won’t stop there.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
354d

@athousandyoung said

Or they could be creating excellent defensive positions for the Ukrainian army against Russias next invasion attempt.
Truth is stand off heavy munitions is the only option Moscow has given the lack of moral and skill sets of Putin’s imperial army.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
354d

@moonbus said
So this is how Russia ‘protects’ what it claims to be its own territory forever, and any Russian who says “er, hang on, is this ok?” gets sent to a gulag. Estonians are right to be warning Europe that if Putin gets away with annexing Ukraine, he won’t stop there.
"Estonians are right to be warning Europe that if Putin gets away with annexing Ukraine, he won’t stop there."

- What "Estonians"? I am an Estonian too. And personally I do not see any difference between the following two statements:

A) "If Russia gets away with annexing Ukraine, he won’t stop there."

B) "If the US gets away with occupying Afghanistan and Iraq, he won’t stop there."

Besides, so far, Russia has annexed 20% of Ukrainian territory in the eastern part of it. At the beginning of the invasion of Ukraine, Russia claimed that occupation of the whole of Ukraine is not its aim.