Russia winning Ukraine war

Russia winning Ukraine war

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
361d

@suzianne said
Are you still letting that conspiracy rag determine your opinions?
Do you still trust the enemy of the people?

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/biden_administration/media_still_enemy_of_the_people_most_voters_say

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
361d

@metal-brain said
Do you still trust the enemy of the people?

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/biden_administration/media_still_enemy_of_the_people_most_voters_say
Rasmussen Reports?

Damn, man, you keep proving my point.

MB

Moves
361d

@pianoman1 said
Where to start?!
1) Russia is desperate to for Ukraine to return to the Russia fold. It may not have stated that as its “aim”, but it is blindingly obvious to anyone in possession of more than one brain cell.
2) Estonia has added Russia to the list of “unfriendly nations”. It was one of the first nations to offer help to Ukraine. It is not Putin’s friend.
3) Clearly, Put ...[text shortened]... enly, to prevent Saddam using WMD’s.
5) Your two statements are ludicrously mismatched.
Rant over.
#3 is pure propaganda. Who is reading Putin's mind? Mind reading is the only possible way to know that. So now you have faith in mind readers.

MB

Moves
361d

@suzianne said
Rasmussen Reports?

Damn, man, you keep proving my point.
Do you believe everything you are told on the corporate news media?

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
361d

Is Russia winning?
They’re fighting a proxy war against the rest of thr Western world by now. That’s a hell of a task.

They seem rather bogged down on all fronts.
Zalensky has got what he wants, but it’s tied his hands on the strategic front. He can only defend. No incursions into Russia possible. And that’s a bummer. A few drone strikes on Moscow or St. Petersburg would be an amusing escalation.

Invading a “Western, developed” nation nowadays is nigh on impossible.
It’s a logistical nightmare at the best of times.
Even the core figures (you need a 3 to 1 advantage in numbers to pull of an assault, generally speaking) were never on Putin’s side. Only if you count all the reserves and everything… so now they’re relying on merceneries…

It doesn’t look, to me, that Russia’s winning anything.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
361d

After all this right-wing crowing that Russia-Trump collusion was "proven" to not exist (which is bullstuff), I find it remarkable how many Russia apologists are on the right. You all claim there is no connection to Trump, yet all you Trump-lovers also love Putin. Remarkable.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
361d

@kevcvs57 said
Hah they better hope he likes Tuesdays, otherwise they should avoid any steep stairs.
At least since 2014, there have been deep stairs in Ukraine too.
The officials fell out of the window at night.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
361d

@Metal-Brain

"Russia is gaining territory. That is winning."

According to Russian official aims of the Special Military Operation in Ukraine, gaining a territory can only be a side-effect...

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
361d

@suzianne said
Are you still letting that conspiracy rag determine your opinions?
Suzianne says so because she assumes that only those conspiracy theories are conspiracy theories that are not spread by the US government.

Otherwise, she should say that the White House is also a "conspiracy rag".

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
361d

@pianoman1 said
Where to start?!
1) Russia is desperate to for Ukraine to return to the Russia fold. It may not have stated that as its “aim”, but it is blindingly obvious to anyone in possession of more than one brain cell.
2) Estonia has added Russia to the list of “unfriendly nations”. It was one of the first nations to offer help to Ukraine. It is not Putin’s friend.
3) Clearly, Put ...[text shortened]... enly, to prevent Saddam using WMD’s.
5) Your two statements are ludicrously mismatched.
Rant over.
Every sentence in your list is an absurdity.

For example, you assume that if Estonian government makes some decision concerning the Ukraine war, then it means that every Estonian inhabitant agrees with that decision.

Let me remind you that this thread of discussion started from the fact that someone claimed here that the Estonians (in plurality) believe so-and-so.

Finally, you shall conclude that I believe what I do not believe since the government of my country simply repeats the White House dogmas like a parrot.

It is impossible to discuss with people like you.

You are not better than those communist political instructors I met in the USSR.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
361d

@Metal-Brain

"Who is reading Putin's mind? Mind reading is the only possible way to know that."

They are all so good experts on Putin's real intentions that I suspect that they are Putin's close friends.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
361d

@eintaluj said
@Metal-Brain

According to Russian official aims of the Special Military Operation in Ukraine, gaining a territory can only be a side-effect...
Really you think Russian occupation of eastern Ukraine is worth all the Russian dead and the long term economic isolation from its nearest trading partners / customers is a win for Russia?
It may mean Putin can cling on to power a bit longer but Russia lost when the first tank crossed the Ukrainian border and it’s going to keep losing until it changes its regime and gets out of Ukraine

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
361d

@kevcvs57 said
Really you think Russian occupation of eastern Ukraine is worth all the Russian dead and the long term economic isolation from its nearest trading partners / customers is a win for Russia?
It may mean Putin can cling on to power a bit longer but Russia lost when the first tank crossed the Ukrainian border and it’s going to keep losing until it changes its regime and gets out of Ukraine
"Really you think Russian occupation of eastern Ukraine is worth all the Russian dead..."

Get lost. There is no way I can be polite to you.
I have nowhere said any such things you are attributing to me.

Get lost with your hallucinations and slandering.

MB

Moves
360d

@eintaluj said
@Metal-Brain

What is your source of information?

MB

Moves
360d

@kevcvs57 said
If Russia lost Bakhmut would that mean Russia would be winning?
Funny how Ukraine losing Bakhmut is not a loss for Ukraine in your little world.

How absurd does propaganda have to get for you to detect the lie?