1. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 06:422 edits
    Donald Trump’s Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG), the parent company behind his Truth Social network that made its Wall Street debut last week, had to be kept afloat in 2022 through a series of emergency loans provided, in part, by a Russian-American businessman under scrutiny as part of a federal investigation into insider trading,

The Republican presidential contender’s social media platform was taken public last Thursday after TMTG merged with Digital World Acquisition Corporation and enjoyed a remarkable debut on the Nasdaq exchange with shares trading at a high of $78.

They plunged days later, however, as the company’s extraordinary 2023 losses came to light – leading some to warn that it is the latest example of a volatile “meme stock” offering that has little underlying value.

The broadsheet cites leaked documents linking the trust to the Russian-American businessman Anton Postolnikov, co-owner of Paxum Bank and the subject of a criminal investigation by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security over his role in the TMTG merger.

Paxum Bank does not have a banking licence in the US and is not regulated by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, which is a concern, the newspaper argues, because that would indicate the ES Family Trust had been used by Mr Postolnikov “to loan money to help save Trump Media – and the Truth Social platform – because his bank itself could not furnish the loan”.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/trump-s-truth-social-media-company-propped-up-in-2022-by-russian-american-under-criminal-investigation/ar-BB1l1jmF
  2. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 07:35
    Unbelievable how high that stock started. It's still high at 50 bucks now. I imagine old Trumpy is selling shares quickly to gather as much cash as he can.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 08:08
    @fartacus said
    Unbelievable how high that stock started. It's still high at 50 bucks now. I imagine old Trumpy is selling shares quickly to gather as much cash as he can.
    He cannot legally sell them yet but I don’t suppose that’ll stop, he can always claim election interference when he gets caught
  4. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 08:091 edit
    Why can't he sell them? It's a publically traded company now, right?
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 08:10
    @mchill said
    Donald Trump’s Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG), the parent company behind his Truth Social network that made its Wall Street debut last week, had to be kept afloat in 2022 through a series of emergency loans provided, in part, by a Russian-American businessman under scrutiny as part of a federal investigation into insider trading,

The Republican presidential contend ...[text shortened]... social-media-company-propped-up-in-2022-by-russian-american-under-criminal-investigation/ar-BB1l1jmF
    Read the same thing in the Gaurdian yesterday the paper trail eventually leads to St Petersburg. Who knew 🤷🏻‍♂️
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 08:19
    @kevcvs57 said
    Read the same thing in the Gaurdian yesterday the paper trail eventually leads to St Petersburg. Who knew 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Whudda thunk it, indeed.

I bet the republkunts on this forum won’t see it that way. BreitfoxgodBS will hve already framed it as BIDEN LIES LAPTOP HUNTER WOKE - and they’ll have swallowed it hook, line and sinker.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 09:29
    @fartacus said
    Why can't he sell them? It's a publically traded company now, right?
    It’s a pre agreed condition of the flotation to stop the major shareholders jumping ship and leaving the share price in the gutter. Plus those major shareholders invested in what they believe is the trump brand knowing that his mega base would always want some of ‘Trump Media’ but if he has no shares he could potentially just walk away
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 12:422 edits
    @Fartacus
    Yes but any new stock coming out has a 6 month moratorium, unable to sell stock till that time frame is over. He can sell stock in October or thereabouts. Maybe November, depends on the timing of the deal.
    BTW the stock is tanking from news the company made 4 million and 40+ million losses.
    Twitter, X, whatever, THAT company made more than a half BILLION in the same time frame so for folks deciding what stock to buy, can you figure out which one they would choose?
    Stock market experts expect Truth Social stock to be TWO bucks or less in a few months. So much for the billions the fascist orange antiChrist is expecting.
  9. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 12:49
    I see now.
    It won't be worth anything soon. I looked it up and they only have 5 million users and people are already leaving.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 13:022 edits
    @Fartacus
    So much for the fascist orange antiChrist getting another 6 billion. He will have to go back to begging or selling BILLIONS of his ONLY authorized version of KJ bible, COMPLETE with bill of rights, and the constitution. So it is just a plagiarized book designed to get him 60 bucks a crack for nothing.
    What I cannot understand is evangelical Christians putting up with Trump's bullshyte like this 'bible', they think HE is anti abortion when in fact he used to be FOR abortions but he rides whichever way the wind blows but those duped Christians have no idea about the REAL motives of this fascist would be dictator, which is to keep his sorry ass out of jail and that is WHY he is running, he doesn't even WANT to really be the next POTUS, he is deathly afraid of actual jail time but he puts on this front like he welcomes jail time since he will make himself into a martyr so he thinks. In fact if he actually is convicted of the new felony charge of the hush money charge, a whole lot of folks will switch their vote.

I don't understand why they wouldn't switch right now with some 4 fraud convictions and 2 defamation convictions, why would that not be enough to convince people he is a fraud, always was and always will be, not understanding that.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 15:42
    @sonhouse said
    @Fartacus
    So much for the fascist orange antiChrist getting another 6 billion. He will have to go back to begging or selling BILLIONS of his ONLY authorized version of KJ bible, COMPLETE with bill of rights, and the constitution. So it is just a plagiarized book designed to get him 60 bucks a crack for nothing.
    What I cannot understand is evangelical Christians putting up ...[text shortened]... t be enough to convince people he is a fraud, always was and always will be, not understanding that.
    But Biden has an inconsistent record on abortion, still wishy washy, waiting on the wind to blow, you know what I mean. He is lately OK with School bussing of both black and white children, together in the same bus, but he was against it a while back, the old 'jungle' comment, you know what I mean......
    Ohhhh, Trumphouse, what are we gonna do with you....
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 22:26
    @mchill said

The Republican presidential contend ...[text shortened]... social-media-company-propped-up-in-2022-by-russian-american-under-criminal-investigation/ar-BB1l1jmF
    I think it is highly suspicious that Trump will not reveal his sources of income, as previous presidential candidates have done. It is important for the electorate to know, to whom a candidate is beholden, before voting.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 22:322 edits
    @AverageJoe1
    Oh, you didn't know in the '80s Trump was FOR abortions and now with the evangelical vote on the line all of a sudden NO ABORTIONS. Sounds wishy washy to me and going wherever the wind blows.
    BTW, how come you get all those thumb downs? I am getting a bunch of thumb ups and I did not bribe anyone for them.....
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 02:161 edit
    @mchill

This is significant, why,,,?

Was it all important to you when Hilary's Trust fund got a big kiss from Putin?

Report: Russian Government Initiative Gave Millions of Dollars to Clinton Foundation (2016)
    A Moscow-based technology initiative funded in part by the Russian government funneled tens of millions of dollars into the Clinton Foundation while Hillary Clinton was serving as secretary of state, according to a new report released Monday.

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/russian-government-initiative-gave-millions-to-clinton-foundation/
    ------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, but Earl,,, that's different!!
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 02:52
    I like the name Fartacus.

Just sayin’.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree