Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35902
    17 Mar '18 09:59
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Anyone remember Obama mocking Romney for saying Russia was a huge national security issue.

    [youtube]T1409sXBleg[/youtube]

    Now they lie awake nights crying about Putin handing Trump the election.

    Hilarious! 😵
    Really? That's hilarious to you?

    You must be a scream at parties.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35902
    17 Mar '18 10:03
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    From the link below:

    "Moscow has denied any involvement in the attempted murder of former Russian double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter. It has cast Britain as a post-colonial power unsettled by its impending exit from the European Union, and even suggested London fabricated the attack to whip up anti-Russian hysteria."

    https://www.reuters ...[text shortened]... yria in my opinion. Russia took sides against the USA and is being punished using bogus excuses.
    Bogus excuses?! Are you insane?

    You "false flag" idiots need to grow a brain. Some empathy wouldn't hurt, either.
  3. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    52725
    17 Mar '18 13:27
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The issue is that they used nerve gas.

    I reckon that is what you have to do in a nation that outlaws guns I reckon.
    There are over 2 million registered firearms in the UK. Guns are not 'outlawed' here, just restricted.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14798
    17 Mar '18 14:381 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Bogus excuses?! Are you insane?

    You "false flag" idiots need to grow a brain. Some empathy wouldn't hurt, either.
    If you think Syria has little to do with it you need to grow a brain. Russia defeated ISIS in Syria relatively quickly. Our government never tried to fight ISIS in Syria. ISIS was fighting Assad so our government left them alone hoping they would help USA overthrow of Assad.

    People are dying in Syria because of insane USA foreign policy. Our government shipped arms there for an insurrection. A little empathy for the Syrian people wouldn't hurt either.

    http://www.nytimes.com/1999/05/25/world/us-and-uzbeks-agree-on-chemical-arms-plant-cleanup.html

    http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/news/Lavrov-Britain-has-no-proof-in-spy-poisoning-476953083.html
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7445
    17 Mar '18 19:38
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    If you think Syria has little to do with it you need to grow a brain. Russia defeated ISIS in Syria relatively quickly. Our government never tried to fight ISIS in Syria. ISIS was fighting Assad so our government left them alone hoping they would help USA overthrow of Assad.

    People are dying in Syria because of insane USA foreign policy. Our governm ...[text shortened]... ppermichiganssource.com/content/news/Lavrov-Britain-has-no-proof-in-spy-poisoning-476953083.html
    All you say is true; the madness lies in your connecting it with the nerve gas attack by Trump's friends on English citizens.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7445
    17 Mar '18 19:41
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    To be completely fair, Whodey ...

    That was a traitor.
    And that is why you approve of a crime against humanity by your and Trump's friend Vladimir Putin? This, to you, is sufficient reason to excuse the abominable attack by chemical weapons on not only this traitor - as he may or may not be - but also innocent English bystanders?

    You truly are a despicable, sub-human specie.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35902
    17 Mar '18 22:472 edits
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    If you think Syria has little to do with it you need to grow a brain. Russia defeated ISIS in Syria relatively quickly. Our government never tried to fight ISIS in Syria. ISIS was fighting Assad so our government left them alone hoping they would help USA overthrow of Assad.

    People are dying in Syria because of insane USA foreign policy. Our governm ...[text shortened]... ppermichiganssource.com/content/news/Lavrov-Britain-has-no-proof-in-spy-poisoning-476953083.html
    Russia was only fighting ISIS when they got in the way of their genocide of the rebels in Syria.

    First Aleppo and now Ghouta as we speak. As I said, some empathy wouldn't hurt.

    Nice to know that you support brutal dictators. You're the one who obviously needs the empathy injection.

    People are dying in Syria because of Assad. You're on the wrong side if you support him. But I'm not surprised.
  8. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89257
    18 Mar '18 07:58
    Originally posted by @whodey
    ....What should be done?
    Create another strawman, call it a “digression”, then eventually in the thread blame Obama and casually support Trump while pretending not to?
  9. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89257
    18 Mar '18 08:01
    Meanwhile we could send a few diplomats home and threaten to cancel some football matches in the vain hope that this will somehow shake Putin into realising who he’s messing with.
  10. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    20386
    18 Mar '18 10:20
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The issue is that they used nerve gas.

    I reckon that is what you have to do in a nation that outlaws guns I reckon.
    This is actually an interesting point.

    It is a bit risque to use nerve gas for something like this.
  11. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    20386
    18 Mar '18 10:21
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Meanwhile we could send a few diplomats home and threaten to cancel some football matches in the vain hope that this will somehow shake Putin into realising who he’s messing with.
    The answer is that he is messing with a thoroughly debauched & weakened Western European liberal democracy incapable of responding meaningfully to anything.

    I also like how the economics of both Britain and the EU are too perilous to really consider much beyond the usual barriers to trade -- but this has increasingly been a norm throughout the Western world in trade as is.
  12. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    57068
    18 Mar '18 12:06
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Russia is also hacking into US power grids

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-15/russian-hackers-attacking-u-s-power-grid-aviation-fbi-warns

    Looks like the Cold war is starting anew.
    Good!
    The spy stories the last 20 years have been utter crap.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14798
    18 Mar '18 15:231 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Russia was only fighting ISIS when they got in the way of their genocide of the rebels in Syria.

    First Aleppo and now Ghouta as we speak. As I said, some empathy wouldn't hurt.

    Nice to know that you support brutal dictators. You're the one who obviously needs the empathy injection.

    People are dying in Syria because of Assad. You're on the wrong side if you support him. But I'm not surprised.
    People are dying in Syria because USA shipped arms there for an artificially made civil war just like in Libya. Libya had the highest standard of living in that region. Most people there were happy with how things were in Libya. Then came Obama and Nato and they screwed Libya up. First with war then with economic hardship. Now they are intent to do the same thing in Syria.
    The results say it all. You don't care about facts though. That is how apathy flourishes in your mind. Then you fool yourself into thinking you really care. Evil takes place and you do nothing about it.

    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Back to Top