1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Aug '12 16:35
    "The underlying problem with Paul Ryan is that he does not have the credentials or qualifications to put forth budget proposals for the US.

Aside from numerous part-time and temporary jobs, his greatest achievement in life has been as a marketing consultant for his own family’s business.

(Per Wikipedia) “Ryan briefly worked during college for the Oscar Mayer meat and cold cut production company as a Wienermobile driver. In his early years as a D.C. staffer, Ryan moonlighted on Capitol Hill as a waiter at the Tortilla Coast restaurant and as a fitness trainer at Washington Sport and Health Club, among various other side jobs.[15] Out of fear that Ryan “…was destined to become a ski bum”, Betty Ryan reportedly nudged her son to accept another congressional position as a staff economist attached to the office of U.S. Senator Bob Kasten.”

He did, however, find a “home” in marketing his own political career, which clearly is all he is interested in, and at the expense of others.

This article on the effects of what he has already done to his own home town should be a cautionary message that we don’t want his “Roadmap for America’s Future”.

The truth is that the American people are being sold a “bill of goods” by this “Flimflam Man” and “charlatan”, as economist Paul Krugman has called him (NY Times, August 5, 2010), mainly because of his rehash of prior economic plans that have failed in the past.

Per Mr. Krugman in the same article, Ryan is “often described with phrases like “intellectually audacious". But it’s the audacity of dopes. Mr. Ryan isn’t offering fresh food for thought; he’s serving up leftovers from the 1990s, drenched in flimflam sauce.”

The question we need to ask ourselves is whether Ryan is running a massive scam on the American people with his “budget” proposals simply to further his political career at our expense or not.

It would certainly seem so from this article on the collateral damage he has inflicted in his own hometown."

http://www.reuters.com/article...

His job in college: Wienermobile driverπŸ™‚

I guess his brand of economics, WienernomicsπŸ™‚
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Aug '12 18:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    "The underlying problem with Paul Ryan is that he does not have the credentials or qualifications to put forth budget proposals for the US.

Aside from numerous part-time and temporary jobs, his greatest achievement in life has been as a marketing consultant for his own family’s business.

(Per Wikipedia) “Ryan briefly worked during college for the Osca ...[text shortened]...
    His job in college: Wienermobile driverπŸ™‚

I guess his brand of economics, WienernomicsπŸ™‚
    An Obama supporter complaining about a candidate's lack of previous job experience.

Heh.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    13 Aug '12 18:21
    Originally posted by sh76
    An Obama supporter complaining about a candidate's lack of previous job experience.

Heh.
    What are you talking about? Obama has almost 4 years of experience as an executive. πŸ˜‰
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Aug '12 20:541 edit

Heh.
    So I guess you are ok with a mega millionaire who got his money selling out jobs overseas and breaking up companies and has overseas accounts with unknown millions in them. I guess you must be a millionaire wanting your assets protected.

It doesn't matter that medicare and social security will be a thing of the past?

You know what Bush Jr. wanted to do with social security, just before the crash of 08?

Take all the money in SS and invest it in the stock market.

And now the supreme court thinks its ok for unknown millionaires to but infinite amounts of money into candidates, so you can get the best government you can buy....

You can bet your boopie if Romney/Ryan gets elected the rich, who are already about 4 times richer than a few years ago and middle class is quickly becoming lower class, the rich will get even richer and the middle class will be gone.

I guess none of that matters to you republicans since you all KNOW exactly what to do to get America back on its empire target. Bigger military. That's the answer to all our problems, right?

Also, why was it ok for Bush Jr. to give away 3/4 of a trillion in incentives and half of that disappeared down the drain with ZERO accountability.

Obama does much the same thing but WITH accountability and he is a pariah.

Does the word hypocrite come to mind?
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Aug '12 21:12
    So I guess you are ok with a mega millionaire who got his money selling out jobs overseas and breaking up companies and has overseas accounts with unknown millions in them. I guess you must be a millionaire wanting your assets protected.

It doesn't matter that medicare and social security will be a thing of the past?

You know what Bush Jr. wanted to ...[text shortened]... me thing but WITH accountability and he is a pariah.

Does the word hypocrite come to mind?
    Yeah, I definitely said all that.

πŸ™„
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Aug '12 00:471 edit
    Yeah, I definitely said all that.

πŸ™„
    I was pointing out just what kind of people republicans are. For instance, when Reagan was pres, he actually thought if we launched the big ones against the Soviets and had a change of heart, we could recall them....

And Bush Jr, had to complete what Daddy knew not to do, make Iran stronger by ousting Saddam. He knew they were at loggerheads and hated each other so he stopped short of attacking Iraq.

But not your buddy Jr. Bush. I'm gonna finish what daddy didn't have the nerve to do...

Why? Because there were weapons of mass destruction, my advisers TOLD me so.

Yessir, such a great president.

When he was on the campaign trail, he hit some oil executive meeting and said, and I quote: "There are the have's and there are the have more's. YOU ARE MY BASE!".

Kind of said it all right there. Yessir, a president for the people.

And now we have another one, PHD: Piled Higher and dryer.

BTW, from the Dem side, Ryan couldn't have been a better choice.
  7. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    14 Aug '12 04:14
    I sure hope you are right - the thought of Romney and Ryan in the White House is a frightening concept.
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    14 Aug '12 04:50
    Originally posted by kbear1k
    I sure hope you are right - the thought of Romney and Ryan in the White House is a frightening concept.
    Obama /Biden Is SOOOO comforting .
    Where the hell do you people come from ?!
    πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
  9. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    14 Aug '12 05:43
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    They are much better than your choice. Maybe you should crawl back into the hole you crawled out of.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Aug '12 06:541 edit
    So I gather you want someone in the whitehouse who will champion the rich and put thumbs down on the middle class. They don't WANT a middle class. They want a SLAVE class that bolsters their bottom line.

You will get the best government money can buy. Good luck with that. When you turn 70 or so, you would find yourself sucking up to your relatives because you sure as hell won't be able to buy much more than a hamburger a month under their idea of social security and you better not get sick either or you will find yourself a pauper.

There would have been plenty of money for SS if it had not been for congressional thieves stealing trillions from the SS kitty bank.

I guess none of that stuff matters to you, being a millionaire who needs to find more creative ways to hide your money.
  11. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    14 Aug '12 11:41
    Originally posted by kbear1k
    They are much better than your choice. Maybe you should crawl back into the hole you crawled out of.
    LMAO !
    42 months of unemployment at 8%+
    Record astronomical debt that will never be paid off.
    Credit rating down grade
    Record numbers on food stamps.
    That sounds good to you ?
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Aug '12 11:45
    I was pointing out just what kind of people republicans are. For instance, when Reagan was pres, he actually thought if we launched the big ones against the Soviets and had a change of heart, we could recall them....

And Bush Jr, had to complete what Daddy knew not to do, make Iran stronger by ousting Saddam. He knew they were at loggerheads and hated ea ...[text shortened]... ed Higher and dryer.

BTW, from the Dem side, Ryan couldn't have been a better choice.
    I still have no idea what any of that has anything to do with the OP or, for that matter, Romney or Ryan.

Are you afraid that Romney is going to invade Iraq again?
  13. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    14 Aug '12 11:57
    So I gather you want someone in the whitehouse who will champion the rich and put thumbs down on the middle class. They don't WANT a middle class. They want a SLAVE class that bolsters their bottom line.

You will get the best government money can buy. Good luck with that. When you turn 70 or so, you would find yourself sucking up to your relatives becau ...[text shortened]... f matters to you, being a millionaire who needs to find more creative ways to hide your money.
    You got that so ass backwards I dont even know where to begin.
    The progressive scums in the White House are not champions of the middle class nor minorities for that matter.
    They are the ones who started this class warfare crap and you are eating it up hook line and sinker.
    The middle class ( and I am one of them) want jobs. We dont want to be on food stamps,welfare and be dependent on the federal government to feed our children. We want an economy that will allow us to prosper like we are accustomed too. Not a Euro-type entitlement society.
    As far as medi care and SS goes something needs to be done about it or Gen Xers and beyond will have none when they hit retirement age.
    Republicans are the only ones coming up with plans to fix it.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    14 Aug '12 13:12
    You got that so ass backwards I dont even know where to begin.
    The progressive scums in the White House are not champions of the middle class nor minorities for that matter.
    They are the ones who started this class warfare crap and you are eating it up hook line and sinker.
    The middle class ( and I am one of them) want jobs. We dont want to be on ...[text shortened]... one when they hit retirement age.
    Republicans are the only ones coming up with plans to fix it.
    What's a "Euro-type entitlement society"?
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    14 Aug '12 13:22
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What's a "Euro-type entitlement society"?
    Greece....France.... etc

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree