1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 May '13 02:502 edits
    It is like clock work, win a second term as President and then become bogged down by scandel. It happened to Clinton with impeachment proceedings, it happened to "W" with his debacle in Mesopotamia, and it happened with Reagan with Iran/Contra. And now we have Bengazigate with Obama.

Is this a coincidence? I say it is only inevitable. After all, the Executive branch has such unlimited and unchecked power that after 4 years of it they all tend to get a little careless.

The good news for all the status quo drones is that nothing really happens to these people whether they be innocent or otherwise. All it becomes is a mudslinging battle for the next election.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    11 May '13 20:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    It is like clock work, win a second term as President and then become bogged down by scandel. It happened to Clinton with impeachment proceedings, it happened to "W" with his debacle in Mesopotamia, and it happened with Reagan with Iran/Contra. And now we have Bengazigate with Obama.

Is this a coincidence? I say it is only inevitable. After all, the Ex ...[text shortened]... they be innocent or otherwise. All it becomes is a mudslinging battle for the next election.
    Second term scoundrels!!!!!
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    12 May '13 08:02

Is this a coincidence? I say it is only inevitable. After all, the Ex ...[text shortened]... they be innocent or otherwise. All it becomes is a mudslinging battle for the next election.
    scandals
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    12 May '13 12:54

Bengazi isn't a scandal. It's a "scandal." It exists only in the fantasy of you right wingers who gleefully exploit the deaths of Americans to drum up "controversy."
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 May '13 13:11
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Bengazi isn't a scandal. It's a "scandal." It exists only in the fantasy of you right wingers who gleefully exploit the deaths of Americans to drum up "controversy."
    Would your opinion differ if you were on that embassy staff?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 May '13 13:26
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Would your opinion differ if you were on that embassy staff?
    I just want to wish Hillary happy mothers day.

YouTube

ScandElous!!!!!
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 May '13 13:27
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    We know, Obama is Mr. Transparency Nobel Peace Prize man.

My bad.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    12 May '13 13:361 edit
    The only "scandel" (sic) on the list is Iran/Contra.

Your alleged link between second terms, "unlimited power" and "scandels" is bizarre and nonsensical.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 May '13 13:38
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra

Your alleged link between second terms, "unlimited power" and "scandels" is bizarre and nonsensical.
    So in your opinion Iran/Contra was the only scandEl?

So tell me, what justice was served for that scandEL?
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 May '13 13:51

The scandals are not 2nd term, but 1st term misdeeds that are discovered and become well known early in 2nd terms.

Benghazi is bad, but to me Fast and Furious is even worse.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 May '13 13:551 edit
    The scandals are not 2nd term, but 1st term misdeeds that are discovered and become well known early in 2nd terms.

Now, now. We must all learn do "stand down" and just accept what they tell us like the good citizens we all are. Right winged hacks like Pat Smith crying on camera are unpatriotic.

"Hillary had a hand in the death of my son". Blah, blah, blah.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 May '13 14:103 edits

I guess I don't play the game right. I'm suppose to attack the left and not ther right for their scandEls.

However, I admit that Reagan evaded the law, so what justice was served? Where were the checks and balances?

Make no mistake, the GOP has no interest in justice, only mud slinging. For you see, if they insist upon justice then they can expect the same. They would never think of doing that to themselves.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    12 May '13 14:14
    I guess I don't play the game right. I'm suppose to attack the left and not ther right for their scandEls.

However, I admit that Reagan evaded the law, so what justice was served? Where were the checks and balances?

Make no mistake, the GOP has no interest in justice, only mud slinging. For you see, if they insist upon justice then they can expect the same. They would never think of doing that to themselves.
    Well, at least the GOP was punished in the polls, and you most certainly didn't vote GHWB in 1988, am I right?
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 May '13 14:14
    Now, now. We must all learn do "stand down" and just accept what they tell us like the good citizens we all are. Right winged hacks like Pat Smith crying on camera are unpatriotic.

"Hillary had a hand in the death of my son". Blah, blah, blah.
    When Nixon was caught in his 2nd term covering up a sloppy burglary, there was bipartisan outrage. These days, it is doubtful that any President would resign or be impeached, because his party is solidified in support. The House Impeached Bill Clinton, but the Senate refused to convict.

The same situation exists today, so that even if Obama were impeached by the House, would the Senate ever convict. Still these government wrongs should be brought to light, and even if the top guy isn't touchable, the practices ought to be stopped.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 May '13 14:22
    Well, at least the GOP was punished in the polls, and you most certainly didn't vote GHWB in 1988, am I right?
    What are you blabbering about? Bush Sr. got into office after Reagan ONLY because of Reagans popularity. In fact, it carried over into "W" getting elected. Therefore, I blame Reagans popularity for "W" even being considered.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree