1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 02:00
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    War is hell.
    Its easy to be a arm chair analyst chess geek passing judgement on individuals in situations that they themselves have never been in.
    Apparently hiring a cab is no picnic either.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 02:01
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    He's keeping his job? LOL.
    Wuterich was given a general discharge under honourable conditions.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 02:081 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wuterich was given a general discharge under honourable conditions.
    I stand corrected; no hang on did you say honorable discharge LOL. But seriously this bloke is not a squaddie he's a sociopath. Has any of the brass been sanctioned in any way for him having a gun and being in command of other men with guns?
  4. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 03:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    The question is did Sgt Wuterich's actions receive appropriate punishment and does it constitute justice for his (and his men's) 24 civilian victims. Your attempt to personalize a disagreement over this issue with a deflecting comment about "a arm chair analyst chess geek" diminishes your analysis and detracts from any military dignity or respect-due that you may be trying to allude to.
    IMO justice served.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 03:21
    IMO justice served.
    I wonder if the survivors and the victims' families agree with you.
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 03:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 03:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    I wonder if the survivors and the victims' families agree with you.
    I doubt it.

Like I was saying earlier, war is hell. Combat is a frigged up situation.
    He certainly should not have been charged with murder as others here have suggested. And the powers that be know this.

Thats why he got a general under honorable. His career is over, no retirement, etc but his actions were not so bad (apparently) that they ruin his life over it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 03:39
    I doubt it. Like I was saying earlier, war is hell. Combat is a frigged up situation.
    This does not mean that justice was served, however. And your dismissive attitude towards 24 innocent people slaughtered and the survivors of the massacre and their relatives and families, perhaps demonstrates that your estimation of what does and does not constitute "justice" ought to be taken with a pinch of salt.
  9. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 03:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    This does not mean that justice was served, however. And your dismissive attitude towards 24 innocent people slaughtered and the survivors of the massacre and their relatives and families, perhaps demonstrates that your estimation of what does and does not constitute "justice" ought to be taken with a pinch of salt.
    I said IMO (in my opinion).
    You have a different one on the matter. Thats fine. What do you think should of been done ?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 03:49
    What do you think should of been done ?
    Long stint in gaol for him and those who obeyed his orders; a lesson to all those military personnel who think saying "war is hell" is an excuse for mass murder of innocent civilians.
  11. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 20:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Long stint in gaol for him and those who obeyed his orders; a lesson to all those military personnel who think saying "war is hell" is an excuse for mass murder of innocent civilians.
    So you are convinced he is guilty of the charges brought against him then ? The prosecutor thought otherwise after the trial started. Thats why the the plea deal.

Prosecutors discovered that Sgt Dela Cruz lied about the entire story he told in court. And they knew that Mr. Tatum’s testimony and Sgt Mendoza’s testimony were irreconcilable. Neither could be believed individually AND each contradicted the other.
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 20:001 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have followed this case closely, I am sure.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 23:202 edits
    So you are convinced he is guilty of the charges brought against him then ? The prosecutor thought otherwise after the trial started. Thats why the the plea deal.
    Yes. Long stint in gaol.

Prosecutors discovered that Sgt Dela Cruz lied about the entire story he told in court. And they knew that Mr. Tatum’s testimony and Sgt Mendoza’s testimony were irreconcilable. Neither could be believed individually AND each contradicted the other.

That will be why the charges against the six were dropped or dismissed, and one was acquitted, then? Because they all lied or because what they said didn't add up?

Do you concede that 24 innocent civilians were murdered?
  14. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 04:56
    I doubt it.

Like I was saying earlier, war is hell. Combat is a frigged up situation.
    He certainly should not have been charged with murder as others here have suggested. And the powers that be know this.

Thats why he got a general under honorable. His career is over, no retirement, etc but his actions were not so bad (apparently) that they ruin his life over it.
    You seem to imply that war is an occasion to commit mayhem with impunity.

How do you feel about rape and pillage as sort of an an apres firefight, just so that the troops can unwind a bit?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 05:00
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    How do you feel about rape and pillage as sort of an an apres firefight, just so that the troops can unwind a bit?
    Yeah, what with it being a a frigged up situation and all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree