1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 01:05
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    I don't even like Trump. I just like the challenge.
    You really don't understand me do you?
    I understand that you are an irrational nut.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 01:08
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Thursday.

Rand Paul isn't on the Senate Judiciary Committee BTW.

You really have turned into one of the most vocal defender of Trump and his cronies on this Forum. It is remarkable you have ascertained the truth of Blasey Ford's allegations without ever hearing her under oath or Kavanaugh's under oath testimony in response.
    Okay. Lindsay Graham and Orin Hatch then.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 01:12
    I understand that you are an irrational nut.
    LOL!

You just don't like that I do well debating things I don't even feel that strongly about. You would feel better if I was a Trump worshipper so you didn't feel like such a failure at this.

I created a thread with an OP link alleging that Kavanaugh is a conspiracy theorist. Didn't that make you happy?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 01:211 edit
    Okay. Lindsay Graham and Orin Hatch then.
    Last I heard, the Republicans on the Judiciary Committee don't want to question Ford personally - they want to hire an outside counsel to do so:

But they're eager to avoid the spectacle of 11 Republican men cross-examining a woman who says she's been victimized by a man. Doing so would almost certainly evoke the panel's handing of Hill and potentially alienate suburban women voters who could decide the elections and control of the House and Senate.

Republicans are considering bringing in an outside counsel, possibly a woman, to question Ford.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/09/22/us/politics/ap-us-kavanaugh-vs-ford-optics.html

The politics of a bunch of old guys attacking a woman who has alleged a sexual assault doesn't seem very appealing all of a sudden.
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 01:22
    Stop being faint hearted. Politics attracts crazy people, it is a fact. Some left wing nut job went on a republican shooting spree as if republicans were in season. If you are involved in politics you get death threats. Only the naive don't expect it when they get involved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Congressional_baseball_shooting
    Stop being cynical.

Just because something is typical doesn't mean it is appropriate or moral or just. If Americans learn nothing else from this administration, then they should at least learn that lesson well.

I don't intend to normalize death threats--against either of them--to the point that we shame them when they are traumatized by those death threats. I challenge you to say the same.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 03:25
    Originally posted by @wittywonka
    Stop being cynical.

Just because something is typical doesn't mean it is appropriate or moral or just. If Americans learn nothing else from this administration, then they should at least learn that lesson well.

I don't intend to normalize death threats--against either of them--to the point that we shame them when they are traumatized by those death threats. I challenge you to say the same.
    It is already normal whether you like it or not. How many death threats do you think Trump gets per day?

Stop pretending not to be cynical. This is the real world.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 03:26
    Last I heard, the Republicans on the Judiciary Committee don't want to question Ford personally - they want to hire an outside counsel to do so:

But they're eager to avoid the spectacle of 11 Republican men cross-examining a woman who says she's been victimized by a man. Doing so would almost certainly evoke the panel's handing of Hill and potentiall ...[text shortened]... attacking a woman who has alleged a sexual assault doesn't seem very appealing all of a sudden.
    That has not stopped Trump. He must not have gotten the memo. LOL
  8. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 03:29
    It is already normal whether you like it or not. How many death threats do you think Trump gets per day?

Stop pretending not to be cynical. This is the real world.
    You're conflating what is and what should be.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 03:46
    Originally posted by @wittywonka
    You're conflating what is and what should be.
    Nations should not invade other nations based on no existent WMDs but you don't care do you?

https://www.rt.com/usa/421838-mueller-iraq-wmd-trump/

You are not cynical enough.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 12:32
    Your uncanny ability to make bold predictions that are always wrong remains intact. https://deadline.com/2018/09/update-christine-blasey-ford-accepts-senate-testimony-offer-date-to-be-set-1202469506/
    ford has not accepted anything. Or better yet, the DNC lawyers haven't. Go ahead and point to one of my predictions that was wrong...Ill wait.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 12:36
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    ...never intended to.
    Shannon Bream

@ShannonBream

Committee source says they’ve contacted five people alleged to be at party. 4 deny any knowledge of the party and allegations. 5th person - Dr. Ford - is the only one who has not provided them a statement. #Kavanaugh
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 14:31
    Shannon Bream

@ShannonBream

Committee source says they’ve contacted five people alleged to be at party. 4 deny any knowledge of the party and allegations. 5th person - Dr. Ford - is the only one who has not provided them a statement. #Kavanaugh
    I don't suppose it could be because they are assswipes who don't want to get involved? NAH, that COULDN'T be it could it? Or perhaps so drunk they don't remember? I suppose you also think it's just fine the committee is not allowing ANY other witnesses, ONLY Ford and K? Or refusal to allow FBI to get involved? THAT would be because they don't want to lend ANY credibility to Ford's statements. Yessir, a real unbiased bunch on that committee. And you agree with the whole travesty. You are as morally corrupt as that committee.
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 14:57
    LOL!

You just don't like that I do well debating things I don't even feel that strongly about. You would feel better if I was a Trump worshipper so you didn't feel like such a failure at this.

I created a thread with an OP link alleging that Kavanaugh is a conspiracy theorist. Didn't that make you happy?
    So, you're basically admitting that you have no convictions at all.

You're merely trying to provoke reader reaction. You're trying to satisfy a twisted compulsion: A feeling that "any attention, is good attention".

This must be the emotional warmth, which life has long denied you.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 16:28
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I don't suppose it could be because they are assswipes who don't want to get involved? NAH, that COULDN'T be it could it? Or perhaps so drunk they don't remember? I suppose you also think it's just fine the committee is not allowing ANY other witnesses, ONLY Ford and K? Or refusal to allow FBI to get involved? THAT would be because they don't want to lend ...[text shortened]... committee. And you agree with the whole travesty. You are as morally corrupt as that committee.
    witness to What? Where? and When?
    It seems your accuser doesn't even know this, how are you to find a witness to something that has no time or place? You really are stupid aren't you?
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 16:35
    witness to What? Where? and When?
    It seems your accuser doesn't even know this, how are you to find a witness to something that has no time or place? You really are stupid aren't you?
    You believe God created Earth in 7 days.
    Who are you calling stupid ? 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree