Shooting in California

Shooting in California

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
09 Nov 18

So what should be done about the recent shooting in California? He legally owned a hand gun.

Should all guns be confiscated?

Moves
09 Nov 18

@whodey said
So what should be done about the recent shooting in California? He legally owned a hand gun.

YES!!!!

w

Moves
09 Nov 18

@stellspalfie said
YES!!!!
So the democrat party should ban all guns?

Why don't they say they will then?

Are they part of the problem?

Moves
09 Nov 18

@whodey said
So the democrat party should ban all guns?

Why don't they say they will then?

Are they part of the problem?
Yes, they are part of the problem.

Z

Moves
09 Nov 18

@stellspalfie said
YES!!!!
you're feeding the troll.

he is implying that nothing should be done to prevent mass shootings and gun deaths in general because no perfect solution exists that would prevent 100% of them. he is suggesting a preposterous solution which will not work anyway and claiming that's the only thing that can possibly be done and the only thing the gun control advocates support.

you're taking the bait and agreeing to his preposterous suggestion (no idea if it's because you're too lazy to debate him but not lazy enough to ignore him or you actually believe all guns should be banned).

Guns aren't the problem. Getting guns too easily is the problem. Getting guns without training is the problem. Without a psych evaluation. Without checking one's criminal record. I want to have the option to get a gun if i live in a bad neighborhood. I want however for people to have to jump through hoops to get guns, to be harder to get a gun than it is to get a car and i absolutely agree to have to jump through those hoops myself should i ever need a gun.

q

Moves
09 Nov 18

@zahlanzi said

he is implying that nothing should be done to prevent mass shootings and gun deaths in general because no perfect solution exists that would prevent 100% of them. he is suggesting a preposterous solution which will not work anyway and claiming that's the only thing that can possibly be done and the only thing the gun control advocates support.
...[text shortened]... et a car and i absolutely agree to have to jump through those hoops myself should i ever need a gun.
I don't think someone is feeding a troll when they advocate what they believe. I personally don't believe that private citizens having guns makes anyone safer. While it might be impractical to get rid of all guns, it certainly seems like we'd all be safer.
(1) There is always a chance that no matter how many regulations you enforce a gun owner could use their gun to commit a crime (2) guns can accidentally injure someone (3) a third person could gain access to a gun and use it to commit a crime (4) a person can use a gun in self defense and a third person could be injured. In all of these cases does gun ownership makes society more dangerous.

Moves
09 Nov 18

@zahlanzi said

...[text shortened]... et a car and i absolutely agree to have to jump through those hoops myself should i ever need a gun.
how in the hell do you train someone not to shoot people? These are not “accidental” shootings. ignorant juvenile words.

Moves
09 Nov 18
1 edit

@zahlanzi said

I don't like to see a hungry troll, so forgive me its my bleeding liberal heart, poor hungry Whodey.

As for your rant - I do actually believe that all guns should be banned.....must be my bleeding liberal heart again, god damn it!!!

Z

Moves
09 Nov 18

@stellspalfie said
I don't like to see a hungry troll, so forgive me its my bleeding liberal heart, poor hungry Whodey.

As for your rant - I do actually believe that all guns should be banned.....must be my bleeding liberal heart again, god damn it!!!
"I don't like to see a hungry troll, so forgive me its my bleeding liberal heart, poor hungry Whodey."
no idea why people don't just ignore him. i guess morbid fascination of which i am guilty of too. i just don't respond to him.

"I do actually believe that all guns should be banned...must be my bleeding liberal heart again, god damn it!!!"
liberal heart has nothing to do it. it's more a matter of wishful thinking and impracticality.

yes, the ideal would be a world in which bad neighborhoods didn't exist, where muggins and rape would exist, where everyone had money to take a cab straight home.
a world with a police patrol within earshot to always be able to help you.
we don't live in an ideal world, sometime you need to protect yourself. to discard a useful tool simply because bad things happen is foolish.

the car example, overused by idiotic gun nuts in the wrong way, applies here. You don't ban cars even though people die because of them. You regulate them. People get driver licenses which you can lose if you prove irresponsible. There are driving laws, limits on speed, tonnage. There is a limit how much you can modify a car. There are safety measures, reviewed and updated constantly.

rain

Moves
09 Nov 18

@zahlanzi said
the car example, overused by idiotic gun nuts in the wrong way, applies here. You don't ban cars even though people die because of them. You regulate them.
You don't ban cars because because their purpose and common use is transportation. The purpose of guns is specifically to kill. That makes comparison of any consumer product to guns completely invalid.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Nov 18

@whodey said

Pointing a finger and saying "Pop...pop...pop" is not lethal.

w

Moves
09 Nov 18

@vivify said
You don't ban cars because because their purpose and common use is transportation. The purpose of guns is specifically to kill. That makes comparison of any consumer product to guns completely invalid.
No, the are other reasons people own guns.

How many people that own guns have actually killed someone?

Hmm?

rain

Moves
09 Nov 18

@whodey said

Hmm?
How people can use guns doesn't change what their purpose is for. Guns are designed to kill.

Moves
09 Nov 18
1 edit

@zahlanzi said
"I don't like to see a hungry troll, so forgive me its my bleeding liberal heart, poor hungry Whodey."
no idea why people don't just ignore him. i guess morbid fascination of which i am guilty of too. i just don't respond to him.

"I do actually believe that all guns should be banned...must be my bleeding liberal heart again, god damn it!!!"
liberal heart has nothing ...[text shortened]... s a limit how much you can modify a car. There are safety measures, reviewed and updated constantly.
There are 'bad neighbourhoods' in every country, yet in most countries, people don't have guns, they manage just fine without them....and have much lower gun deaths. Why? Because there are almost no guns!!!

Yes, the car example is idiotic, confusing that you then went on to use it???

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Nov 18

@whodey said

Hmm?
What is the relevance of that?

How many countries with nuclear weapons have used them?
Do we conclude nukes are safe?

Why do't you go play Russian roulette?
The odds are in your favour.