1. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 23:25
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    glad you liked it ... thomas sowell's columns are better, but i like her, too, mostly ...
    Coulter is on radio with Drudge quite often on Sunday nights. One of my favorite duos.
  2. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 23:341 edit
    Coulter's great! You libs need to learn how to throw a pie, though...you throw pies like a bunch of girls...

btw, between Ann Coulter and Hillary Clinton, which blonde do you think Bill Clinton would rather spend the night with?

3. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 23:51
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    Coulter's great! You libs need to learn how to throw a pie, though...you throw pies like a bunch of girls...

btw, between Ann Coulter and Hillary Clinton, which blonde do you think Bill Clinton would rather spend the night with?

I think both Bill and Hillary would rather spend the night with Ann.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 23:58
    "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." - Ann Coulter

I'll give her some credit: she says up front what all you bigoted, fanatics believe but don't want people to see. She's still a dangerous nut, though. Lots more of her idiocies at: http://users.rcn.com/skutsch/anticoulter/quotes.html.
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 01:23
    how come the media aren't talking about THAT? ...
    Given that you brought it up, I can only assume that the media is talking about it (namely the right-wing radio media). It's amazing how they turn from staunch, out-for-traitor's blood patriots, to word-mincers when it actually comes to taking out one of their partisans.

Sheesh, the partisanship in the whole thing makes me sick.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 01:27
    glad you liked it ... thomas sowell's columns are better, but i like her, too, mostly ...
    Coming from the lady who continued to insist that Canada put Canadian troops on the ground in Vietnam even after the older interviewer (for a major Canadian broadcast) told her repeatedly that they did not?

Ann Coulter is about the worst conservative hack there is. Not because she isn't effective. She fires up the irrational base quite well. She is the worst because she makes conservatives look so damn stupid.
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 01:28
    Originally posted by TheBloop

I don't know Bloop. Coulter looks like a dehydrating corpse. At least Hillary is alive; I think.
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 02:25
    Originally posted by telerion
    Coming from the lady who continued to insist that Canada put Canadian troops on the ground in Vietnam even after the older interviewer (for a major Canadian broadcast) told her repeatedly that they did not?

Ann Coulter is about the worst conservative hack there is. Not because she isn't effective. She fires up the irrational base quite well. She is the worst because she makes conservatives look so damn stupid.
    i can see how you would view that as a damning indictment ...

1. re the ann coulter canadians in vietnam controversy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter#Canada_and_the_Vietnam_War

"Canada and the Vietnam War
    In January 2005, Coulter gave an interview to CBC's The Fifth Estate (video clip of this part of the interview) in which she argued that Canada's non-participation in the 2003 invasion of Iraq demonstrated that Canada's "loyal friendship" with the United States was weaker than in the past. She attempted to contrast the situation with the Vietnam War, stating:

"Canada used to be one of our most loyal friends and vice-versa. I mean Canada sent troops to Vietnam - was Vietnam less containable and more of a threat than Saddam Hussein?"
    The interviewer Bob McKeown countered, "No, actually, Canada didn't send troops to Vietnam." Coulter and McKeown then politely contradicted each other repeatedly before Coulter finally concluded, "Well, I'll get back to you on that." [14]

Later in the show, McKeown stated that Coulter never did get back in touch with The Fifth Estate, and reiterated the filmmakers' position that Canada had not sent troops to Vietnam. [15]

In a subsequent interview on C-SPAN, Coulter admitted that she had erred, but also stated that thousands of Canadian-born Americans had gone to battle:

"Yes, 10,000 Canadian troops, at least. [...] The Canadian Government didn't send troops [ ... ] [ but ] they came and fought with the Americans. So I was wrong. It turns out there were 10,000 Americans who happened to be born in Canada." [16]
    Later in the interview, when asked about the taping of the CBC show, she added:

"I talked to him [ interviewer Bob McKeown ] for three hours and the topic was not Canada's war history. It was an incidental point that he challenged me on and I didn't believe him because I had read about Canadian troops in Vietnam. I was right. People keep saying 'well, he didn't tell you that they - 10,000 troops - ran across to sign up with the Americans' because I don't think he knew." ibid "

2. canada did send troops to vietnam, as peacekeepers in 1973, and did support the U.S. with the vietnam war in various ways:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_and_the_Vietnam_War

"Canada's official diplomatic position was as a non-participant, but the country was not neutral in the conflict: it professed explicit support for the United States. Canada was also a major supplier of equipment and supplies to the American forces. Under UN rules Canada could not send these directly to South Vietnam, but they could sell them to the United States. Throughout the Vietnam War Canadian manufacturers profited greatly from the conflict. These included relatively benign items like boots and whiskey, but also napalm and Agent Orange the use of which was fiercely opposed by antiwar protesters at the time. Between 1965 and 1973 Canada sold some $2.5 billion worth of matériel to the American forces. Canada also allowed their NATO ally to use Canadian facilities and bases for training exercises and weapons testing.

In 1973, Canada also provided peacekeeping troops to Operation Gallant, the military operation associated with the International Commission of Control and Supervision (ICCS) Vietnam, along with Hungary, Indonesia, and Poland. Their role was to monitor the cease-fire in South Vietnam as per the Paris Peace Accords."

see also http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Rhodes/1588/
  9. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 02:28

In January 2005, Coulter gave an interview to CBC's The Fifth Estate (video clip of this part of the interview) in which she argued ...[text shortened]... nam as per the Paris Peace Accords."

Gets a rec, Z.
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 04:43

In January 2005, Coulter gave an interview to CBC's The Fifth Estate (video clip of this part of the interview) in which she argued ...[text shortened]... nam as per the Paris Peace Accords."

Perhaps you are right on this issue.

I'll have to dig around a bit more.

Note: You see how I just did that. Conceded a point? I did that because I suspect that I may be wrong on this. Oddly enough, that's why Coulter and hacks of all other shapes, colors, and party affiliation do a disservice to us. The truth is of far less importance to them, then is some endless rhetorical battle.
  11. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 10:36
    <sigh> makes me kinda long for the days when Clinton's national security advisor Sandy Berger would rip off documents from the national archives and stuff 'em down his pants....

those were the good ol' days.
  12. silicon valley
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 00:28
    Originally posted by telerion
    Perhaps you are right on this issue.

I'll have to dig around a bit more.

Note: You see how I just did that. Conceded a point? I did that because I suspect that I may be wrong on this. Oddly enough, that's why Coulter and hacks of all other shapes, colors, and party affiliation do a disservice to us. The truth is of far less importance to them, then is some endless rhetorical battle.
    so how'd it go?
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Mar '10 03:10
    Yikes; some of you have been around on this board for a long time! 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree