1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 09:40
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "Mchill's evident position is that Donald Trump should not be condemned until after he becomes US President."
    obviously. i also addressed this stupid position.
    "KazetNagorra and I pointed out that there already are ample reasons to condemn Donald Trump."
    there you go.

"Although he presumably would deny it, Mchill's really an apologist for Donald Trump."
    or he may be just slow to understand things. or he didn't put enough effort into this subject. you don't know that for sure.
    address his points, people will figure out for themselves what he is or he isn't.

"My question to Mchill about his attitude toward Hitler was motivated by curiosity about
    how far he would go to excuse a politician's reprehensible conduct before taking power."
    usually, if an argument needs to make a comparisson to hitler, that argument is lazy. not always, but usually.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 10:06
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I don't remember him letting in millions of illegals, nor forcing obamacare down our throats, nor appointing 50 communist czars, or covering up all his records, nor forging a fake birth certificate, nor having disdain for our troops, nor saying he would side with his muslim brothers before Christians, nor attending a hateful church where the Minister sai ...[text shortened]... ower of Saul alinsky, nor... well that is enough for now, I do have to get some sleep tonight...
    do you understand that obama deported millions of illegals? did you bother to look that up?

"nor forcing obamacare down our throats"
    oh, you mean the affordable care act that gave millions of people who didn't have any healthcare whatsoever a chance at medical care? oh, please tell me more how some people had to pay a little more on their premiums, i bet those that survived cancer because of ACA would love to hear your heart breaking stories.

"nor appointing 50 communist czars"
    you're dumb

"or covering up all his records"
    don't know what this is referring to but there are some tax returns that still need to be released. trump just said that "what do you need my tax returns now, i've won, get over it"

"nor forging a fake birth certificate"
    you're dumb and racist

"nor having disdain for our troops"
    huh?

"nor saying he would side with his muslim brothers before Christians"
    you're dumb and that's a lie

"nor attending a hateful church where the Minister said God d... America"
    yeh. he is now responsible for something other people say. i could ask if trump shouldn't be responsible for the same, but trump is himself saying horrible crap.

"nor being a follower of Saul alinsky"
    i bet that saul alinsky is a horrible monster, a mass murderer or something.

well what do you know, he was a "community organizer and writer" "focused on improving the living conditions of poor communities across America"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Alinsky
    the monster!

so obama is his follower, huh? what other monster does he follow? MLK?
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 10:07
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Here's what a normal U.S. president wouldn't do: slam NATO and the EU. Donnie's on a roll, and his pro-Russian propaganda won't cease until he does. Congress had better get to work.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-01-15/trump-calls-nato-obsolete-and-dismisses-eu-in-german-interview
    That's quite an interesting story. You'll notice that Angela Merkel has been lukewarm in her welcoming of the Trump Presidency and Trump saw fit to attack Germany, however he didn't mention France where there is the real danger of Marine Le Pen, who he seems to regard as an ally, winning.

He was also talking about nuclear arms limitation talks, and he is the kind of man to bargain away Britain's deterrent without actually consulting the British government first. Because the missiles are leased from the Americans and maintained in the US for cost saving reasons then if he does that we have up to six months of deterrence left before Putin is in a position, if he sees fit, to start a program of nuclear blackmail. In combination with all sorts of political undesirables such as Farrage and Gove (who was the Times journalist who interviewed Trump) courting and gaining attention from him as well as the need for economic allies in the event Brexit is harder than expected, Theresa May is in a very tricky spot.
  4. RSA
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 10:181 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    That's quite an interesting story. You'll notice that Angela Merkel has been lukewarm in her welcoming of the Trump Presidency and Trump saw fit to attack Germany, however he didn't mention France where there is the real danger of Marine Le Pen, who he seems to regard as an ally, winning.

He was also talking about nuclear arms limitation talks, and h ...[text shortened]... onomic allies in the event Brexit is harder than expected, Theresa May is in a very tricky spot.
    What makes Nigel Farage a political undesirable? Wanting control over who can live in the UK rather than fat cat bureaucrats with ridiculous fantasies from Europe's latest in a long chain of undemocratic phenomena?

He is actually fostering relations with Trump to try and make the best of the situation rather than complaining about it. His work has already put the UK in an even more advantageous position in the upcoming article 50 negotiations.

The EU federal dream has never, and never will, be shared by the British public. The UK IS leaving, and there is nothing anyone with money or the elite can do to stop it. Farage is making the best of the situation. Call that undesirable if you mean actually doing something to help your country through one of the most complicated negotiations in history rather than moaning and complaining about the result of a democratic referendum while doing nothing to fix the situation is undesirable.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 10:38
    Originally posted by Ashiitaka
    What makes Nigel Farage a political undesirable? Wanting control over who can live in the UK rather than fat cat bureaucrats with ridiculous fantasies from Europe's latest in a long chain of undemocratic phenomena?

He is actually fostering relations with Trump to try and make the best of the situation rather than complaining about it. His work has alrea ...[text shortened]... the result of a democratic referendum while doing nothing to fix the situation is undesirable.
    "The EU federal dream has never, and never will, be shared by the British public."
    by British public you mean the over 65 demographic who don't care what happens in the future.
    Scottish people do want to stay in the EU.
    Young people do want to stay in the EU.
    Old people, who voted for the exit, when they were explained Farage's lies, changed their minds and wanted to stay in the EU
  6. RSA
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 12:192 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "The EU federal dream has never, and never will, be shared by the British public."
    by British public you mean the over 65 demographic who don't care what happens in the future.
    Scottish people do want to stay in the EU.
    Young people do want to stay in the EU.
    Old people, who voted for the exit, when they were explained Farage's lies, changed their minds and wanted to stay in the EU
    Scotland, which has a population 10 times less than England, despite being 60 percent of the size, has not felt nearly what England has felt in terms of strain of mass migration.

You are so deluded you think that it is possible for 52% of the population to be over 65. If this were the case the UK would be a geriatric ward. Actually, the UK is one of the few European countries to have a naturally growing population.

You are so patronizing towards old people. Old people have WAY more life experience than you could ever hope for, and have seen the EU process for the 40 years it has existed. They, if anyone, are more qualified to talk about the EU than anyone else.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 13:03
    Trump should be laughed at on the streets.

The man combines complete moronity with dangerous narcissism.
    Not the best of combinations for a man in a position of power.
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 13:35

He is actually fostering relations with Trump to try and make the best of the situation rather than complaining about it. His work has alrea ...[text shortened]... the result of a democratic referendum while doing nothing to fix the situation is undesirable.
    Farage is a political opportunist and borderline fascist. That the EU is not perfect does not entail that Britain will be better off giving up the best situation of any of the member states. His self-publicity campaign has not improved our negotiation position with the rest of Europe, who are perfectly capable of ignoring Trump's posturing given his apparently hostile attitude. He is a loose canon. Further, nothing is inevitable until article 50 has been triggered, Brexit hasn't happened yet. The referendum was advisory, Parliament has the final say. What is more the triggering of article 50 can be reversed (unless the Europeans refuse to allow it) at any time until formal exit. Brexit has not yet gone well, it hasn't happened yet. Maybe it will go well but maybe it won't, however the risks for the UK are huge. They are massively amplified by the Trump win. Given his habit of dumping his losses on his business "partners" we could find that rather than being his allies we are his fall-guys.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 14:28
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    do you understand that obama deported millions of illegals? did you bother to look that up?

oh, you mean the affordable care act that gave millions of people who didn't have any healthcare whatsoever a chance at medical care? oh, please tell me more how some people had to pay a little more on their premiums, i be ...[text shortened]... Alinsky
    the monster!

so obama is his follower, huh? what other monster does he follow? MLK?
    oh, you mean the affordable care act that gave millions of people who didn't have any healthcare whatsoever a chance at medical care? oh, please tell me more how some people had to pay a little more on their premiums, i bet those that survived cancer because of ACA would love to hear your heart breaking stories

Yes the one that the MAJORITY OF AMERICANS OPPOSED, that one.

"nor appointing 50 communist czars"
    you're dumb

You are probably too dumb to know what I am talking about, your short attention span won't allow you to remember.

"nor forging a fake birth certificate"
    you're dumb and racist

I'm hispanic, you shrill white boy, I'd like nothing more than to meet you in the streets.

"nor having disdain for our troops"
    huh?

Again too dumb and biased.

"nor saying he would side with his muslim brothers before Christians"
    you're dumb and that's a lie

Read his book you idiot.

"nor attending a hateful church where the Minister said God d... America"
    yeh. he is now responsible for something other people say. i could ask if trump shouldn't be responsible for the same, but trump is himself saying horrible crap.

Right, this was his "spiritual advisor".

"nor being a follower of Saul alinsky"
    i bet that saul alinsky is a horrible monster, a mass murderer or something.

You really are a complete moron.

well what do you know, he was a "community organizer and writer" "focused on improving the living conditions of poor communities across America"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Alinsky
    the monster!

You are the at the crux of stupidity, arguing what you know nothing about.
    You are one of those stupid girly white boys blindly following the pied piper.
  10. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 15:35
    Originally posted by mchill
    I am not a Trump supporter, and would never vote for him. Whatever one thinks of him personally however, Donald Trump did win the election fairly and therefore should be treated like a "normal" US President. In addition, I am reluctant to judge any President elect before he takes the oath of office.

Respectfully,

The horrible, lying, racist troll - mchill
    Based on those he has put forth for cabinet positions, those who are advising him and his refusal to truly separate himself from his business, it is obvious that he intends to use the power of the presidency to advance the economic growth of the 1% while setting back both the development of renewable sources of energy and initiatives to deal with climate change. In addition, he seems to be in collusion with an adversary, Russia. His attacks on the U.S. intelligence agency along with the press should be troubling to all U.S. citizens regardless of their political identity.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 16:10
    Scotland, which has a population 10 times less than England, despite being 60 percent of the size, has not felt nearly what England has felt in terms of strain of mass migration.

You are so deluded you think that it is possible for 52% of the population to be over 65. If this were the case the UK would be a geriatric ward. Actually, the UK is one of the ...[text shortened]... years it has existed. They, if anyone, are more qualified to talk about the EU than anyone else.
    52% of the vote, dear. not of the population. that's a distinction.

"Old people have WAY more life experience than you could ever hope for, and have seen the EU process for the 40 years it has existed."
    or they only care what happens for the next 5-10 years they have to live

"They, if anyone, are more qualified to talk about the EU than anyone else."
    If you ask geriatrics if they want to work all across EU, they will say no because they don't work, they are retired. If you ask them if they would like to study abroad, they will say no, because they don't study. They only know what Farage has lied to them because they are technophobes and can't use the internet (which is also true for those young people that voted for the brexit and after went to google "what is EU"😉
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 16:13
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    [b]"nor forcing obamacare down our throats"
    oh, you mean the affordable care act that gave millions of people who didn't have any healthcare whatsoever a chance at medical care? oh, please tell me more how some people had to pay a little more on their premiums, i bet those that survived cancer because of ACA would love to hear your heart breaking storie ...[text shortened]... w nothing about.
    You are one of those stupid girly white boys blindly following the pied piper.
    "I'm hispanic, you shrill white boy,"
    so what? hispanics can't be racist?

" I'd like nothing more than to meet you in the streets."
    and what, give me a live show of how stupid you are? you a seal sniper too?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 16:271 edit
    I love the way some people use the term facist.

Evidently part of the definition includes centralizing power at the national level with a dictatorial leader.

Severe social and economic regimentation is included in the definition.

I don't know how Trump will look but it does sound a lot like Obama.

Upon further reflection the only difference between lefist government policy and facism is nationalism.

So if a leftist calls someone a facist, he is realyy calling the person a nationalist.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 16:43

You are so deluded you think that it is possible for 52% of the population to be over 65. If this were the case the UK would be a geriatric ward. Actually, the UK is one of the ...[text shortened]... years it has existed. They, if anyone, are more qualified to talk about the EU than anyone else.
    So... which percentage of people in England weren't born there?
    Let's get to the heart of this horrible mass migration...
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 17:37
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    So... which percentage of people in England weren't born there?
    Let's get to the heart of this horrible mass migration...
    One of the most common name for a new born in England?

You guessed it, Mohammad

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3770523/amp/Oliver-Amelia-popular-baby-names.html?client=ms-android-metropcs-us

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree