1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 15:342 edits
    Considering that CNN gave Hillary all the debate questions before the debate and the obvious favoritism towards Hillary during the Presidential debates and continuous coverage of Donald as a "clown" by all the major news networks, should Trump simply ban them from the White House and refuse to give press conferences?

Trump could declare war on the press much in the same way Dims have declared war on coal.

Time to find another profession.

As we speak, I bet Hillary still has a 20 point lead on Trump according to CNN.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 15:371 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Considering that CNN gave Hillary all the debate questions before the debate and the obvious favoritism towards Hillary during the Presidential debates and continuous coverage of Donald as a "clown" by all the major news networks, should Trump simply ban them from the White House and refuse to give press conferences?

Trump could declare war on the press mu ...[text shortened]... r profession.

Do you think constantly repeating shrill lies will eventually make them become true?
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 15:57

Why don't you just move to Syria, where you can relax and enjoy life?
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 16:24
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Do you think constantly repeating shrill lies will eventually make them become true?
    Yes. That's how propaganda and marketing work.

Just ask Goebbels.
  5. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 16:27
    Not lies. Fact.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 16:281 edit
    Lies? Did Brian Williams tell you it was lies?

Honestly, why does the White House need a Press Secretary to handle all the propaganda that the sitting President wants to spin?

We can just as easily hear it on Twitter without enriching someone to do the job.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 16:311 edit
    Originally posted by kquinn909
    Not lies. Fact.
    1) CNN did not give all the debate questions to Hillary;
    2) There was no "obvious favoritism" at the debates;
    3) No major media outlet is calling Trump a "clown" in their coverage (not their opinion pieces);
    4) The Democrats have not, ever, declared "war on coal";
    5) There never was a CNN poll saying Hillary was 20 points ahead; in fact the aggregate national polling at the end was within 1 point of the actual election results.

That you and whodey have convinced yourselves of things because of your extremist ideologies that are false is your problem not reality's.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 18:46
    That you and whodey have convinced yourselves of things because of your extremist ideologies that are false is your problem not reality's.
    Delusional disorder? Maybe it's the radiation from their handheld devices.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 23:041 edit
    1) CNN did not give all the debate questions to Hillary;
    2) There was no "obvious favoritism" at the debates;
    3) No major media outlet is calling Trump a "clown" in their coverage (not their opinion pieces);
    4) The Democrats have not, ever, declared "war on coal";
    5) There never was a CNN poll saying Hillary was 20 points ahead; in fact the aggregate ...[text shortened]... ves of things because of your extremist ideologies that are false is your problem not reality's.
    1) CNN fired someone for giving Hillary the debate questions before the debate. In your partisan baked twisted mind, just because we can't prove it was done more in every debate justified calling me a liar.
    2) There was obvious favoritism in the debates. I guess giving Hillary the debate questions was not proof enough for you dolt
    3) Pretty much every news outlet I watched referred to Trump as a clown at one time or another or broadcast people calling him a clown.
    4) Dims did not declare war on coal? Tell that to those poor folks in West Virginia. The economy is in shambles now that coal has been targeted by the federal government as an energy source that must be phased out due to global warming concerns.
    5) Does it really matter that I said 20 points? No one was saying that Trump was going to win, no one. The media had declared Hillary the winner long before the election results, and even then they insist that the Russians stole the election.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 00:02
    1) CNN fired someone for giving Hillary the debate questions before the debate. In your partisan baked twisted mind, just because we can't prove it was done more in every debate justified calling me a liar.
    2) There was obvious favoritism in the debates. I guess giving Hillary the debate questions was not proof enough for you dolt
    3) Pretty much every ne ...[text shortened]... ong before the election results, and even then they insist that the Russians stole the election.
    What's pathetic is that you make these types of outrageous claims, we go over them point by point and show them to be lies and then you just repeat them in another thread. You are a disgusting, unrepentant liar and a partisan shill.
  11. Joined
    03 Dec '12
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 02:072 edits
    What's pathetic is that you make these types of outrageous claims, we go over them point by point and show them to be lies and then you just repeat them in another thread. You are a disgusting, unrepentant liar and a partisan shill.
    Well, you can't argue point 1, because here's the proof:
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/31/donna-brazile-fired-cnn-contributor/

Seriously, a simple google would have verified this. I suggest googling the rest and fact-checking yourself. I don't have the time, nor the patience to do it for you.

EDIT: to head off any potential "partisan links!" or "fake news!" claims, here's politico confirming the story: http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/10/cnn-severs-ties-with-donna-brazile-230534

EDIT 2: AND the NY Times.http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/donna-brazile-wikileaks-cnn.html?_r=0.

Good luck explaining your way out of this one lol
  12. Joined
    03 Dec '12
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 02:15

Short answer: No.

Long Answer: The current Media dynasties do, in fact, need a shake-up. They are firmly entrenched, and now see espousing their personal views and opinions as "news" as a "duty" of sorts. There was significant talk of Journalists having a duty to prevent Trump from being elected. Newsflash: your duty, as journalists is to report NEWS. Not to convince anyone else your personal opinions of a political candidate should be universal. The current media establishment firmly deserves the title "activist media." They forsook the ways of true journalism decades ago, drunk on the power they possess to shape the views of the less educated.

This does not mean that freedom of the press should be forsaken. Trump need only behave the same way Bil Belichik, Greg Popovich, etc. do. Short, curt, and no-nonsense.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 02:581 edit
    What is pathetic is that you can't even admit that Hillary lied even though the entire world thinks otherwise.

No matter how many times in your partisan twisted brain you think you have defended her honor, as well as your own, all you've done is made a mockery of yourself.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 03:01
    Libtards are a "special" kind of stupid.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 03:022 edits
    Originally posted by blaze8492
    Short answer: No.

Long Answer: The current Media dynasties do, in fact, need a shake-up. They are firmly entrenched, and now see espousing their personal views and opinions as "news" as a "duty" of sorts. There was significant talk of Journalists having a duty to prevent Trump from being elected. Newsflash: your duty, as journalists is to report NEW ...[text shortened]... ed only behave the same way Bil Belichik, Greg Popovich, etc. do. Short, curt, and no-nonsense.
    Not only do I question how partisan the press is, I question how partisan it has been in the past.

It used to be we have Walter Cronkite come on the six o'clock news saying, "And that's the way it is". Not only did we never question Walter then, I don't think we even question him today.

I think all that has happened is that the country just grew up a bit and began to see the press for what it is today. This is despite the fact that we may never acknowledge that maybe it has always has been that way.. I reckon we all tend to view the past as "the golden years" even though it is far from the truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree