1. silicon valley
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 16:41
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    In this case, the alleged perpetrators i.e. the ones charged with a crime are the flight marshals.
    yeah, we all know you'd be just as happy if judges in the USA could get away with that.
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 16:45
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    No, it isn't. In order for something to be illegal it must break the laws, there are certain rules (unwritten or written) regarding a passenger's conduct on a plane, but the breaking of these doesn't necessarily constitute an illegal act. Deciding to take off your shoes along with your clothes while flying may probably be considered against conventional decorum, but it isn't necessarily illegal.

I don't think thats a comparable situation.
    stealing liquor is illegal. "helping yourself" after being instructed not to imbibe is stealing.

if the crew instructs you not to consume YOUR OWN alcohol you've brought on the plane, and you disobey, you can be arrested.

and public intoxication is an arrestable offense.

and the air marshals were requested to act by the cabin crew.

and if the arrestee hadn't been Brazilian OR hadn't been related to a judge, would we be having this discussion?

you aren't one of those elites, are you?
  3. silicon valley
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 16:46
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    In this case, the alleged perpetrators i.e. the ones charged with a crime are the flight marshals.
    i don't know what the ethical climate is like in NY but maybe you'd find a better (less ethical) climate in California:

http://www.noethics.net/News/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=877:is-judge-elaine-rushing-of-santa-rosa-ca-a-lush-ethical-elf-and-certified-moron&catid=30:california&Itemid=57

you wouldn't have to worry about snow in the winter, either.
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 18:19
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    stealing liquor is illegal. "helping yourself" after being instructed not to imbibe is stealing.

if the crew instructs you not to consume YOUR OWN alcohol you've brought on the plane, and you disobey, you can be arrested.

and public intoxication is an arrestable offense.

and the air marshals were requested to act by the cabin crew.

and if the ...[text shortened]... o a judge, would we be having this discussion?

As usual you fail to fully comprehend the complexities of modern life, read what I wrote previously and think again about your point of view on the court's decision.

Yes, I am. I thought that was already very clear given my well-known disdain for the hoi polloi, especially considering how my antagonism towards this class of people manifested itself recently on the tea party thread.
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 21:11
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    As usual you fail to fully comprehend the complexities of modern life, read what I wrote previously and think again about your point of view on the court's decision.

[b]you aren't one of those elites, are you?

Yes, I am. I thought that was already very clear given my well-known disdain for the hoi polloi, especially considering how my antagonism towards this class of people manifested itself recently on the tea party thread.[/b]
    who's failing?

what airline wouldn't call in the air marshals if someone was belligerent and tried to steal the liquor?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree