1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 01:151 edit
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9426205/Cannabis-smoking-permanently-lowers-IQ.html

I thought this was interesting. I suppose pot really does have bad side effects. Who would have thought dude.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 01:21
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9426205/Cannabis-smoking-permanently-lowers-IQ.html

I thought this was interesting. I suppose pot really does have bad side effects. Who would have thought dude.
    Actually the article is about "adolescent-onset" cannabis users - the age of the children tested in the study was 13. The same results were not found for "adult-onset" or adult cannabis users.

The research would certainly seem to support those who condemn, and try to prevent, children from using cannabis
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 01:34
    So that's why I am not smart 😞
  4. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 01:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Actually the article is about "adolescent-onset" cannabis users - the age of the children tested in the study was 13. The same results were not found for "adult-onset" or adult cannabis users.

The research would certainly seem to support those who condemn, and try to prevent, children from using cannabis
    That statement of yours sounded SOOOO dumb !!! 😛
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 02:01
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    That statement of yours sounded SOOOO dumb !!! 😛
    Which one?
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 02:04
    Speaking of the OP, where is Generalissimo?*

* If you read this, GM, I'm just ribbing you. 😉
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 02:10
    Originally posted by sh76
    Speaking of the OP, where is Generalissimo?
    generalissimo used to skin up using pages ripped out of his Roget's Thesaurus.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 18:26
    I've been a heavy cannabis smoker for most of my life. Used to grow pounds of it.

I don't feel dumber, but perhaps I would have been the next Isaac Newton if I had avoided it. I doubt it though.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 19:431 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    I've been a heavy cannabis smoker for most of my life. Used to grow pounds of it.

I don't feel dumber, but perhaps I would have been the next Isaac Newton if I had avoided it. I doubt it though.
    Must be why your photog seems so smokey then. I thought maybe it was fog. 'ere.
  10. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 20:17
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    So that's why I am not smart 😞
    I'm so dumb i once took a ruler to bed to see how long i slept, and i've never smoked pot.

GRANNY.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 20:23
    Originally posted by Metal Brain

Apparently it can also cause bouts of paranoid schizophrenia if it is used extensively by pre and early teens.

Personally I think the study was falsified by the extra terrestrial's running the U.N ( but you never heard that from me) 😕
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 20:25
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Apparently it can also cause bouts of paranoid schizophrenia if it is used extensively by pre and early teens.

Personally I think the study was falsified by the extra terrestrial's running the U.N ( but you never heard that from me) 😕
    It can trigger paranoid schizophrenia, but it doesn't cause it. Schizophrenia is biological.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 22:11
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It can trigger paranoid schizophrenia, but it doesn't cause it. Schizophrenia is biological.
    Yeah so is the marijuana. So cause as in bring about a phenomena as part of a series of interacting variables.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 22:122 edits
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Yeah so is the marijuana. So cause as in bring about a phenomena as part of a series of interacting variables.
    Schizophrenia is caused by human biology which is inherited. Marijuana causes schizophrenia in the same way stress causes schizophrenia.

We don't tend to worry about insanity as a result of a high stress lifestyle.
  15. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 22:482 edits
    I thought I might be a good case study for long term marijuana use, for 20+ years from adolescence to about 40. Never did drink alcohol that much, sometimes going a year without touching alcohol. But liked to do that bowl in the evening.

Yet, it started to make me feel anxious after that initial 10 minute pleasurable buzz. I craved that initial 10 minute high but the anxiety that followed eventually after long time finally turned me off. Plus, then kids and getting rid of paraphernalia, then continuing pre-employment and random drug testing, then the significance of it being stupidly illegal but illegal nevertheless, and the thought of losing my law license, etc. I quit it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree