1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 19:33
    Sasquatch hero narcissist Snowden has definitely gone rogue and may defect to China.

U.S. Fears Edward Snowden May Defect to China

U.S. intelligence officials on the trail of rogue contractor Edward Snowden are now treating the National Security Agency leak case as a possible foreign espionage matter, raising fears that the 29-year-old computer whiz may be attempting to defect to China with a trove of America's most sensitive secrets, according to three U.S. officials.

"I think there is a real concern about that," a senior official familiar with the case told ABC News on Thursday. Another law enforcement official said it was a "very legitimate" worry. . . .

Jeremy Bash, former CIA and Pentagon Chief of Staff, told ABC News today that the possibility of Snowden defecting to China, or even cooperating with Chinese officials, is a top concern for U.S. officials.

"He could do tremendous damage," Bash said . . . "I think if a foreign government learned everything that was in Edward Snowden's brain, they would have a good window into the way we collect signals intelligence… He had access to highly classified information."

"Snowden may be holding a lot more secrets. . . . Could be far more damaging . . . serious damage to US national security . . . great harm has already been done . . .. dishonest about his background and his claims . . . Officials are not convinced he acted alone . . . Treason . . . Life in prison."

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-fears-edward-snowden-defect-china-sources/story?id=19389672#.UbobcvllkhE
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 19:45
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Sasquatch hero narcissist Snowden has definitely gone rogue and may defect to China.

[quote][b]U.S. Fears Edward Snowden May Defect to China

U.S. intelligence officials on the trail of rogue contractor Edward Snowden are now treating the National Security Agency leak case as a possible foreign espionage matter, raising fears that the 29-year-old ...[text shortened]... /Blotter/us-fears-edward-snowden-defect-china-sources/story?id=19389672#.UbobcvllkhE[/b]
    I told you that on June 10th.

Don't you listen?

Check the debates thread page 2 "Is Ed Snowden a Chinese spy?" 😀
  3. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 19:51
    LOL he's gonna LOVE China...I'm sure he'll do as well there as he was doing in the US, whith his incredible education and background. .
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 19:54
    China is likely to treat him extremely well - better than they treat their own people.
  5. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 19:54
    lol

Ah, yes. China, where they do NOT require a warrant to look through your s***, where they censor the Internet and take political prisoners.

You KNOW they're going to milk him for every nation security secret he knows.
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 19:59
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    lol

Ah, yes. China, where they do NOT require a warrant to look through your s***, where they censor the Internet and take political prisoners.

You KNOW they're going to milk him for every nation security secret he knows.
    LOL. It didn't take you long to get here.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 20:05
    There was a dude who defected to the Soviet Union and became a citizen of theirs. He was very disappointed because even though they paid him well and treated him well, being in in the USSR kinda sucked. It was boring without any recreational opportunities like bowling alleys.

The USSR invested all their economic capability into a heavy mechanized mobile army and air force force.

China did not follow that path. They probably have fantastic access to recreation. Chinese culture has an immense urban component while Slavic culture is more survivalist it seems to me.

Snowden is a fantastic PR opportunity for them that will become a liability if they don't treat him well.

One of my friends is in the PRC now - a white man with no Chinese connection - teaching English and he loves it there.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 20:18
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    I told you that on June 10th.

Don't you listen?

Check the debates thread page 2 "Is Ed Snowden a Chinese spy?" 😀
    True, but thought I would link to and quote an ABC News article released a few hours ago.
  9. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 20:242 edits
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    LOL he's gonna LOVE China...I'm sure he'll do as well there as he was doing in the US, whith his incredible education and background. .
    I liked living in China (and Europe).

Yet, with a good income and health insurance, my best place to live is in US. I like so many things about the US. Plus, all of my friends and family are here. And most importantly, I am a patriot.

I wonder how much $ Snowden will get for his book deal?
  10. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 20:26

[quote][b]U.S. Fears Edward Snowden May Defect to China

U.S. intelligence officials on the trail of rogue contractor Edward Snowden are now treating the National Security Agency leak case as a possible foreign espionage matter, raising fears that the 29-year-old ...[text shortened]... /Blotter/us-fears-edward-snowden-defect-china-sources/story?id=19389672#.UbobcvllkhE[/b]
    It's certainly prudent to investigate every possibility regarding Snowden, including the possibility that he would defect to China. However, for someone who says, "Where's the proof?" that James Clapper lied under oath when congressional transcripts showed that he denied that the NSA was collecting intelligence, you're certainly willing to demand considerably less proof of yourself before you go making fanciful accusations.
  11. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 20:291 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    It's certainly prudent to investigate every possibility regarding Snowden, including the possibility that he would defect to China. However, for someone who says, "Where's the proof?" that James Clapper lied under oath when congressional transcripts showed that he denied that the NSA was collecting intelligence, you're certainly willing to demand considerably less proof of yourself before you go making fanciful accusations.
    You need to work on your reading comprehension. I quoted testimony from the NSA director Alexander, and you alluded to Clapper implying that Alexander also lied.

Yet, you provided no evidence that Alexander lied nor pointed to any specific statements by Alexander as false. Instead, you use innuendo and guilt by association. Typical.
  12. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 20:30
    I liked living in China (and Europe).

Yet, with a good income and health insurance, my best place to live is in US. I like so many things about the US. Plus, all of my friends and family are here. And most importantly, I am a patriot.

I wonder how much $ Snowden will get for his book deal?
    Patriot. Hmm. Yes, well, if you can define 'patriot' as someone who sits in their underwear in their mother's basement thinking up violent homoerotic revenge fantasies about people they disagree with on the Internet, then I suppose you may be. Rather a loose definition, but lots of words have double meanings.
  13. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 20:32
    You need to work on your reading comprehension. I quoted testimony from the NSA director Alexander, and you alluded to Clapper implying that Alexander also lied.

Yet, you provided no evidence that Alexander lied nor pointed to any specific statements by Alexander as false. Instead, you use innuendo and guilt by association. Typical.
    I reread my post. It contained an inaccuracy. James Clapper lied. I do not contend that Mr. Alexander lied. I stand corrected.
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 20:33
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    You have to also allow for the fact that it is very difficult
    for an intelligence officer to be appearing in front of a
    Senate Committee and have to answer questions of a
    sensitive nature. There will be some questions that he
    knows the answers to but cannot divulge them.
  15. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 20:33
    "Watch his [Snowden's] interview on the Guardian's website. His actions, and what we do now, represent our last, best shot at remaining a free society. He's as brave as they come." --Sasquatch

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree