1. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 19:07
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    A-ha...so If I had thought about it for a minute, I would have avoided an easy mistake. I made a mistake. I make mistakes all the time. You people never make mistakes. You're always right, and you possess the self-assuredness without evidence or experience which only comes from having no contact with the real-world consequences of your down-is-up be ...[text shortened]... own to man by applying other people's money to a soulless and inefficient government program.
    As a citizen of the Republic of Ireland,

I forgive you.

But perhaps now you will pull in the reins a bit.

I have read some of your posts and there are times you go really
    over the top, especially when you think you are right.

So Hold your fire there pardner,

and I hope your dogs are ok.

woof woof

🙂
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 22:04
    A-ha...so If I had thought about it for a minute, I would have avoided an easy mistake. I made a mistake. I make mistakes all the time. You people never make mistakes. You're always right, and you possess the self-assuredness without evidence or experience which only comes from having no contact with the real-world consequences of your down-is-up be ...[text shortened]... own to man by applying other people's money to a soulless and inefficient government program.
    I'm so glad you're here, Sasquatch. You're saving me loads of money I'd otherwise have to spend on a shrink to get my psyche sorted out. 😉
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 22:081 edit
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    As a citizen of the Republic of Ireland,

I forgive you.

But perhaps now you will pull in the reins a bit.

I have read some of your posts and there are times you go really
    over the top, especially when you think you are right.

So Hold your fire there pardner,

and I hope your dogs are ok.

woof woof

🙂
    Thank you, they're just fine. Here with me now. But - I don't recall insulting Ireland even remotely; my heritage is Irish and I even praised your country in another post. Are you misinterpreting something I said?
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 22:14
    Thank you, they're just fine. Here with me now. But - I don't recall insulting Ireland even remotely; my heritage is Irish and I even praised your country in another post. Are you misinterpreting something I said?
    No, I'm only yanking your chain because in an earlier post
    you declared you made a mistake in not being able to distinguish
    the difference between the UK, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

But it's no hassle man, as a citizen of the Republic.....I forgive you.

Although you have to admit, that mistake was a bit like
    Sarah Palin mixing up North Korea and South Korea.

😀
  5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 21:20
    No, I'm only yanking your chain because in an earlier post
    you declared you made a mistake in not being able to distinguish
    the difference between the UK, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

But it's no hassle man, as a citizen of the Republic.....I forgive you.

Although you have to admit, that mistake was a bit like
    Sarah Palin mixing up North Korea and South Korea.

😀
    OK...yes. I admit it. It was a Sarah Palin moment.
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 21:50
    OK...yes. I admit it. It was a Sarah Palin moment.
    I'd still like to nail her.
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    05 Dec '12 21:52
    I'd still like to nail her.
    I'd rather nail Tina Fey dressed like Sarah Palin. I'd nail Tina Fey if she was dressed in a burlap sack.
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 08:021 edit
    bump
  9. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 08:05
    Originally posted by finnegan
    .....Eventually, every society has a responsibility to debate openly and agree upon its attitudes to end of life care as to all health issues. People who become hysterical about such discussion need to grow up. Often dying is unpleasant and I think people are too insulated from the process to understand that it is often undignified and painful and distress ...[text shortened]... that has to be discussed and of course that is where it is so tiresome to run into the fanatics.
    Too right, and that makes it seven now.

Australia has a system very close to the NHS. Recent governments have tried to push us towards a privatised American styled system, but conventional wisdom still has it that the best care is still largely found in our free public system

But I digress.

In the many years that I bludged around as an itinerant musician, I would on occasion work as an assistant in nursing. I did a 6month stint in a pallitive care ward once, and have seen many aspects of extended care for patients whose prognosis for any level of recovery is negligible. Eventually you are left with the overriding question. Whose morals do we serve and preserve. The squeamish awkwardness of those who attend the dying, or those caught in the throes of death themselves?

I think more often we protect the sensitivities of those who surround the bed, and not the occupant. While I am still uncomfortable about the notion of active euthanasia to bring about the death of any individual who is not terminal, as in the case of the babies mentioned in the Daily Mail article for whom fluids and food is withdrawn and who can take up to ten days to die, I think that is barbaric, on the other hand, given the drugs and stabilising medication and equipment we have these days, we can also keep an elderly person alive but in agony as the illness that is ravaging them is kept from doing its job by our medical prowess.

With an elderly person who will die as a result of their illness, the mechanism of dying is the increase of opiates and a withdrawal of foods and fluid. Our science and technology forces us to make choices that nature would have long before decided in favour of death.
  10. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    06 Dec '12 13:19
    I'd rather nail Tina Fey dressed like Sarah Palin. I'd nail Tina Fey if she was dressed in a burlap sack.
    I didn't know who she was,
    looked her up on wiki then remembered.

I'd giver her 6 out of 10
  11. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    07 Dec '12 13:03
    You like the Liz Lemon!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree